• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New acquisitions for February 2009!

OK I'll start. Actually I bought this in January at M&M in Plymouth. I have finally gone over to the dark side. Factory refurbished 3rd gen. G17 with all the trimmings for $499.00 It was in fantastic condition. You'd be hard pressed to tell it was used. I installed XS Big Dot sights which I love. I think they offer much faster target acquisition than three dot sights.
Glock17-2.jpg

nice pickup...

Glocks have their place, everyone should own at least one.
I agree but when I was buying this one i decided to buy a 2nd gen G19 they had as well! I think I've got the Glock experience well covered now.

Pilgrim, I used to feel the way you do. But something happened. What happened I'm not quite sure, but it feels good. [grin]

Beretta @ the Marlboro show, and Makarov from a fellow NES'er on the C&R.
The Beretta will only cycle hot .22's. Federal bulk pack rounds failed to cycle every single round. A buddy was asking about the gun yesterday, and I told him: "It only shoots hot loads."

His response: "That's disgusting."

[rofl]

23005.jpg

Quite a start into the month !

My bounty of the day were 3 (three) Lugers (DWM 1916, Erfurt 1918 and Mauser 1940) and another P.38 byf 44 (Mauserwerke Oberndorf).
Stay tuned for pics, gotta find the cam in my son's mess first[smile]

My bounty of the day were 3 (three) Lugers (DWM 1916, Erfurt 1918 and Mauser 1940) and another P.38 byf 44 (Mauserwerke Oberndorf).

Nice! I've got a '41 byf Luger and an AC43 P38. May I ask what kind of prices you're paying in Deutchland for guns like that?

Depends...seller, manufacturer, condition, accessories, re-proofs...
1934 - 1942 Mauser made Lugers in all matching condition + matching mag(s), 90+ % blue would run from approx. $ 650 up. A WWII era Krieghoff in the same condition would call for at least 2 grand.
P.38's are usually cheaper, with the cyq (Spreewerk) code being the low end at approx $ 400, Walther 480/ac codes and byf's rather $ 500+, "HP" from 800. A "0-series" just recently went for approx. $5k....
The only one of the 4 I've got today which I was really after was the 1918 Erfurt. She's all matching with some pitting and strawing intact and she hasn't been re-proofed.
The DWM 1916 is an interesting piece: She's unit marked, carries the Russian "X" (actually only the upper half of it, Vodka may have been in short supply) and has been PARKERIZED by our guests from the East. However, she's all matching (minus mag) but has been re-proofed.
The Mauser (42 code of 1940) seems to have been re-blued and is re-proofed and all matching (minus mag) and has a contemporary mag.
The P.38 byf 44 is in original blue, matching with a contemporary mag and has also been re-proofed.

The seller threw in a P.38 pouch and another fxo (Haenel Suhl) WaA marked unnumbered Luger mag and I went away $ 1.3k lighter.

Oh BTW, I own a byf 41 Luger as well; my other wartime P.38's are ac 41, ac 44 and cyq.

Last edited:
I had the chance to pick up an Imperial Luger a few years ago, but passed on it. I was looking for a wartime one and my patience finally paid off.
The P08 is all matching except mag and has a good amount of blue wear, mostly on the barrel. I take it to the range once in a while a put a dozen or so rounds through it. Mostly it sits in the safe and comes out when I have company over who've never seen a Luger up close.
The P38 is in very good shape, with minor blue wear. The late war models seem to be finished rather roughly anyhow. I only replaced the recoil springs and the gun has functioned flawlessly so far.
122001.jpg

I had the chance to pick up an Imperial Luger a few years ago, but passed on it. I was looking for a wartime one and my patience finally paid off.
The P08 is all matching except mag and has a good amount of blue wear, mostly on the barrel. I take it to the range once in a while a put a dozen or so rounds through it. Mostly it sits in the safe and comes out when I have company over who've never seen a Luger up close.
The P38 is in very good shape, with minor blue wear. The late war models seem to be finished rather roughly anyhow. I only replaced the recoil springs and the gun has functioned flawlessly so far.
122001.jpg

Great stuff I love it.. thanks for sharing.

OK I'll start. Actually I bought this in January at M&M in Plymouth. I have finally gone over to the dark side. Factory refurbished 3rd gen. G17 with all the trimmings for $499.00 It was in fantastic condition. You'd be hard pressed to tell it was used. I installed XS Big Dot sights which I love. I think they offer much faster target acquisition than three dot sights.
Glock17-2.jpg

+1 For the Glock and +1 for M&M's!

Et voila, here we go:
Upper left Erfurt 1918
Upper right DWM 1916
Lower left Mauser 1940
Lower right P.38 byf44

S3500011.jpg

After a short wait, and a GREAT experience at First Defense Firearms, I now have THREE new toys to tell you about.

First off, my Walther PPS in 9mm.....
100_0594.jpg

Second, another score through Shelly and Dennis, my Magpul PRS stock on my NES 105 Lower, with stag upper till i get a custom one done!!
100_0598.jpg

And lastly, my first Strongbox to hold ALL my pistols, another First Defense buy.
100_0599.jpg

The pistols are arranged differently than you see here, but I got all 5 of mine in there with enough room to put a well for Magazines... GREAT case!!

This is really a late January aquisition but here it is anyway.

I love when that big brown truck pulls up. A late 50's Romanian SKS M1956. C&R. Now to find a sling....

005-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom