New acquisitions for February 2009!

Stopped by Umlaut this afternoon to visit Lars. I picked up another AR lower and was lucky enough to get my hands on a LPK [wink]

IMG00024.jpg

We also discussed in some depth my AR build, which is going to require more than one tax stamp :)

Nice FAL!! Also those revos are gorgeous!!

As most of you know, my birthday was on monday (the 2nd), so with the money I was so graciously given I picked up this fine example of Swiss craftsmanship:
0206091329a.jpg

K-31 in 7.5x55 Swiss [smile] Also picked up a small box of privi 7.5x55, hopefully I'll get out to the range this weekend.

Nice FAL!! Also those revos are gorgeous!!

As most of you know, my birthday was on monday (the 2nd), so with the money I was so graciously given I picked up this fine example of Swiss craftsmanship:
0206091329a.jpg

K-31 in 7.5x55 Swiss [smile] Also picked up a small box of privi 7.5x55, hopefully I'll get out to the range this weekend.

A great birthday, indeed, meth0d! [grin]

I finally finished my NES build. Took almost a year since first ordering the lower. My first AR, Model 1 Sales upper with removable handle. A couple of newbie love marks but it still lookks great plus I have the satisfaction of putting it together.

NES_M4_Small.jpg

NES_M4_Small2.jpg

I picked up this cool tactical rifle yesterday for fending off the hordes of zombie buffalos and/or swarms of vicious pumpkins. A Pedersoli Sharps Long Range Express Rifle in .45-70. It has a 34" barrel, half octagon, set triggers, tang sight, German silver fore end cap and weighs about 12 lbs. Used, but excellent condition.

Sharps001.jpg

Sharps002.jpg

Sharps003.jpg

Sharps004.jpg

Sharps005.jpg

Sharps006.jpg

Sharps007.jpg

Sharps008.jpg

I picked up this cool tactical rifle yesterday for fending off the hordes of zombie buffalos and/or swarms of vicious pumpkins. A Pedersoli Sharps Long Range Express Rifle in .45-70. It has a 34" barrel, half octagon, set triggers, tang sight, German silver fore end cap and weighs about 12 lbs. Used, but excellent condition.

Holy cow that's sweet!

HEY.. .that looks just like mine.. only my mags bigger LOL

Looks just like mine too. I shot mine last week, for a small handgun (and using the smaller mag which doesn't give me the pinky grip) the thing handles recoil really really well. I shot some +p and it was not nearly as bad as I expected.

Oh, no jams on the 3 or 4 types of rounds I tried, hollowpoints included. So far I am very impressed.

Sharps001.jpg

Very nice - pretty - like the wood - lots of wood - like the wood [wink]

I used my shirley raffle winnings as a deposit on this back in December and finally have been in the country long enough to go pick it up.

108283_large.jpg

New S&W 1911PD, Scandium frame, rosewood grips
Stock photo.

Got it at Blue Northern. Those guys are great over there. Worth the 60 mile drive.

Took it to Bob's Indoor Range in Salisbury and put 100 rounds through it.
Worked flawlessly. I am hooked.

I think the sights are off though. The front one looks like its to the right more than it should be. When shooting at 25 feet aiming at the bullseye gets a nice 8 round group in the lower left of the target. aiming at the upper right corner of the paper puts another nice 8 round group dead center.
So is it my sights? Me? Am I blind? someone help here.

I think the Sig 556 is one of the finest guns I've ever shot (not that that's many, unfortunately). I got to shoot a few rounds at the pumpkin shoot and man, that thing is incredible.

Back
Top Bottom