New acquisitions for August 2010

This 25-2 was advertised for short money as a .45 LC at a local shop. Turned out to be .45 ACP.

I don't normally like blued guns, but that one looks very nice.

I pass on those all the time at shops and shows and always think about it later. Never knew they had a 20 round mag available. If you don't mind me asking... what shops had the rifle and mag?

I know that there's a S&W 5900 series 25 round 9mm mag that was made, I believe it's aftermarket, don't know if they made it pre or post-1994 though. I also know an NES member who has a 20 round S&W 9mm mag that will work in that gun, let me know if you're interested.

Colt Anaconda 4" barrel Bright Stainless finish. ANIB, from a member here.

anaconda008.jpg

[shocked] Beautiful!

The Remsport slide and frame I bought back in January that I have not had the time to finish, so I took it over to Dave Santurri in North Attleboro. Dave did a nice bevel job and everything is nice and smooth, the trigger is slightly better then my Kimber.

Here with a TLR-1, dragon scale grips, and Wilson 10 rounder. I am quite happy with it, and can not wait to get it to the range.

P8150107.jpg

P8150108.jpg

The Remsport slide and frame I bought back in January that I have not had the time to finish, so I took it over to Dave Santurri in North Attleboro. Dave did a nice bevel job and everything is nice and smooth, the trigger is slightly better then my Kimber.

Here with a TLR-1, dragon scale grips, and Wilson 10 rounder. I am quite happy with it, and can not wait to get it to the range.

P8150107.jpg

P8150108.jpg

sweet....love the grips

Bought This Tax-Free!

This is an ATI 1911, basically an enhanced GI 1911 (Commander-sized). Comes from the Phillipines but seems to be made and fitted to a higher standard. The frame-slide fit is very tight but it moves easily. One of the better shooters in our crowd bought one several weeks ago. He reports over 500 rounds downrange with no failures and very good accuracy.

IMG_0209.jpg

Here's one that's up for grabs for the INSANE price of a $25 dollar donation.... check the general info forum for RIFLE RAFFLE...

lexisgun.jpg

Brown Santa dropped off a few goodies. USPS has a barrel for her, as well.

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

Tula Arsenal Marked. AKM. That's russian for awesome.

I am mixed about the parts I got. I received the proper wood stock (and correct handguard... it's a round swell so it's tula) and they appear to be a matching set. Swivel is located on the bottom of the stock, so it matches the 1970 mark perfectly.

However, Tula didn't use cast parts back then (from what people can tell... not many examples out there) and I got a cast front sight block, cast rear sight block, and cast rear trunion (forked). The RSB and FSB are Tula from the proof marks and the coloration of the FSB and the swoop of the elevation on the RSB. The gas return is machined.

So I have an early front trunion with wood stock set and gas return. The rest is 1972-1977 Tula origin. The front trunion markings are so light it almost looks like it matches the rest of the "rifle" [laugh]

Anyways, USPS has my virgin romanian barrel that this gal is going onto. It'll be my prized AK (so far) so I'm going to take my time. I have a AMD 65 that I need to finish and a bulgarian AK74 that I've started and needs attention so this is for down the road. I also need the time to custom order the receiver (to look like a Tula) and send the barrel parts out along with the barrel to get fit, pressed and headspaced. I don't have the tools to do barrel work... maybe someday...

This is an ATI 1911, basically an enhanced GI 1911 (Commander-sized). Comes from the Phillipines but seems to be made and fitted to a higher standard. The frame-slide fit is very tight but it moves easily. One of the better shooters in our crowd bought one several weeks ago. He reports over 500 rounds downrange with no failures and very good accuracy.

I've heard nothing but good things about those guns.

Hey Frosty... is the ATI in the same price range as the AO and RIA's?

Some of them are even cheaper. They have a base model that's in the $300 range at my local FFL (in a free state).

Here is another Walther to the collection. This is a early wartime Walther PP. The holster is a postwar 1957.

To quote Buddy the Elf:

Have you seen these toilets? They're GINORMOUS!

So's your picture. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom