New acquisitions for August 2010

Two new Ponies!

Colt Anaconda 4" barrel Bright Stainless finish. ANIB, from a member here.

anaconda008.jpg

anaconda009.jpg

Colt Diamondback NIB, 4" barrel

diamondback.jpg

Wow Nice score!

I picked this up on Saturday. I should have waited for tax free weekend, but it didn't even cross my mind. I also ordered a Fist holster today. (And I really need to get a card reader for my digital camera so I can stop this cell phone picture thing).

HmhsJ.jpg

I picked this up on Saturday. I should have waited for tax free weekend, but it didn't even cross my mind. I also ordered a Fist holster today. (And I really need to get a card reader for my digital camera so I can stop this cell phone picture thing).

My girlfriend has the same 1911. She named it Galileo.

My girlfriend has the same 1911. She named it Galileo.

Yeah, I took it shooting and I like it. I have some slight buyer's remorse over getting the version with the rail, but I'll get over it.

Galileo is a good name. I've never been good at coming up with creative names for inanimate things. Maybe this 1911 will be my chance to change that.

Well, we can't afford anything really cool right now, but I had a wicked urge to buy something. So my son and I went out looking for some decorative art, as we have a bare spot on the wall. We came home with an old (ostensibly pre-1898) American Gun Co double-barrel, double hammer hardware store classic. Needs some cleaning up, but it sure looks purdy, and it's the first thing you see when you walk in the door.

Sorry for the crappy pic, but I can't afford a good camera either. It's a handsome old side-by-side 12 ga, with a timeless and functional design, and pretty decent wood with nice checkering.

AFC.jpg

Now, about that other bare spot on the wall ...

I acquired the rifle of my dreams, an Armalite AR-50.

Model: AR-50A1
Caliber: .50 BMG
Barrel: 30" Chrome moly, 8 Groove
Rifling Twist: RH 1:15"
Muzzle Device: Highly Efficient Multi-Flute Recoil Check, Very Moderate Felt Recoil. Threading: 1"-14
Upper Receiver: Modified Octagonal Form, Grilled & Slotted for Mil STD Scope Rail with Boss to Engage Cross-Slot on Receiver
Bolt: Triple Front Locking Lug
Ejector: Spring Loaded Plunger, Automatic Ejection
Extractor: Sako Type
Trigger: Schilen Standard Single Stage, Approximate 5 lbs Pull
Stock: 3 Section Stock: Extruded Forend, Machined Grip with Vertical Grip, Forged and Machined Removable Buttstock
Buttplate: Vertically Adjustable, Specially Built for Heavy Calibers
Overall Length: 59.5" Without Buttstock: 49 3/4 inches
Weight: 33.2 lbs
Finish: Hard Anodized Aluminum, Manganese Phosphated Steel
Accuracy: 7" - 8" @ 1000 yds
Included with Rifle: 15 Minute Sight Base, Owners Manual, Ear Plugs, Limited Lifetime Warranty

That thing is redonculous. Well done.

Those aren't bad looking guns. How does she shoot?

Oh, and congrats!

Have only shot about 30 rds. Had about two jams. Mostly because I took it straight from the store to the range and was a little unfamiliar with the gun. But I'm itching to give it a good breaking in with a variety of FMJs and hollow points. May have to do a review, or intro. thread.
[grin]

Have only shot about 30 rds. Had about two jams. Mostly because I took it straight from the store to the range and was a little unfamiliar with the gun. But I'm itching to give it a good breaking in with a variety of FMJs and hollow points. May have to do a review, or intro. thread.
[grin]

Cool! Love the SR9C. Great gun.

A couple of jams during the first few hundred rounds is just about normal. It's also a good idea to clean and oil well, esp during break in.

Shoot some nice hot 124gr corbon 9mm and you'll break that thing right in.

Latest additions to the family...

Bought these over the last couple months, haven't posted in awhile, hope you enjoy.

S&W 629PC V-Comp
IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Colt Python 6"
IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

FS 2000 w/ EoTech XPS2
IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

I also got these over the past couple of months...

The new mag release is amazing. The RTF3 grip texture is great. And I much prefer the SF grip (no back strap installed).

Both are wearing Warren Tactical night sights.

Gen4 Glock 19

This guy is awesome... It's replaced my Gen3 19 as my CCW.

IMG_8817.jpg

IMG_8835.jpg

IMG_8840.jpg

Gen4 Glock 17

This one, shipped with the original stock heavy recoil spring setup, gave me nothing but stovepipes (in ~1500+ rounds I had 1 stovepipe every 100 rounds) with both target and hot NATO-spec/Self Defense rounds. Glock shipped me the revised lighter "02" recoil setup and it's been 100% since [grin]

IMG_8874.jpg

IMG_8891.jpg

IMG_8789.jpg

Picked this up today. The dealer was not going to be open on the sales tax holiday so he lowered the price to absorb the tax. I Just put 50 rds of Winchester superX through it with no jamming.[grin]

1959 Beretta Minx 350b .22 short
Original Box, Instructions, Brush and Hang Tag

IMG_2472.jpg

IMG_2471.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

Adam I was almost there, checking into license, NFA things where rolling...........................................................Twins in november. There will be no NEW hobbies or collectables for me for a while.

Back
Top Bottom