New Acquisitions for April 2011

Yeah, every one of these was hair-popping sharp right out of the box (yes, I do have the new-knife hairless patch on my arm). I will check out the para military 2 (though, for $30, I don't know if you can beat the Tenacious!), and the Kobun is just a WICKED knife. One thing I especially like about the Tenacious is that you have four different options for the clip, which makes it the winner vs. the Kershaw, I think.

For $30 , that Tenacious is a great knife .

[bow]
Here ya go:
photo-1.jpg

[bow]
now THAT is a beautiful thing

Thanks, guys. I suppose it's fitting I posted it here, since it is a new acquisition, haha. I've been building it over the past month. All new machine, new everything, including the BenchPro table. In case anyone is interested, here are the specs:

ASUS RampageIII Formula mobo
Intel i7990x 3.4Ghz Gulftown 6-core extreme edition CPU
24GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 RAM
Corsair Professional Series AX1200 1200W PSU (might replace with Silverstone 1500W unit)
Plextor SATAIII 256GB SSD main drive
2-way SLI w/ EVGA Superclocked GTX580's
3x HP ZR30w monitors @ 2560x1600 each

I've got another GTX580 to put in it too for a 3-way SLI, but I'm doing some research into my power supply to see if it can handle it first. I'm not totally done, it's been taking a long time setting up my new storage and backup solution. I don't even have all my work software reinstalled yet.

Thanks, guys. I suppose it's fitting I posted it here, since it is a new acquisition, haha. I've been building it over the past month. All new machine, new everything, including the BenchPro table. In case anyone is interested, here are the specs:

ASUS RampageIII Formula mobo
Intel i7990x 3.4Ghz Gulftown 6-core extreme edition CPU
24GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 RAM
Corsair Professional Series AX1200 1200W PSU (might replace with Silverstone 1500W unit)
Plextor SATAIII 256GB SSD main drive
2-way SLI w/ EVGA Superclocked GTX580's
3x HP ZR30w monitors @ 2560x1600 each

I've got another GTX580 to put in it too for a 3-way SLI, but I'm doing some research into my power supply to see if it can handle it first. I'm not totally done, it's been taking a long time setting up my new storage and backup solution. I don't even have all my work software reinstalled yet.

Nooooooo!!!! Do not even try to run triple SLI on that system with 1500 watts. You're getting into dual PSU territory there. You're going to need a ton of cooling. Shit, you should consider dual radiator water cooling, and I would go with an Antec 1200W to run the 3 cards and your FANS(!) and another 850W or so for the rest of the system.

ETA: Nice system BTW. I guess my 3xSLI GTX 480s on in i7 980x have finally been trumped. Now I need to save another $5k so I can beat that.

Double ETA: Triple SLI doesn't scale well at all. You'll see marginal increases in performance unless you go to quad SLI, and unless you're doing crypto there's no point at all, unless you're intent is to build a $7500 space heater that needs 2 of it's own 15 amp circuits. Good luck finding an APC unit that could condition that expensive hardware.

Last edited:
Nooooooo!!!! Do not even try to run triple SLI on that system with 1500 watts. You're getting into dual PSU territory there. You're going to need a ton of cooling. Shit, you should consider dual radiator water cooling, and I would go with an Antec 1200W to run the 3 cards and your FANS(!) and another 850W or so for the rest of the system.

ETA: Nice system BTW. I guess my 3xSLI GTX 480s on in i7 980x have finally been trumped. Now I need to save another $5k so I can beat that.

Double ETA: Triple SLI doesn't scale well at all. You'll see marginal increases in performance unless you go to quad SLI, and unless you're doing crypto there's no point at all, unless you're intent is to build a $7500 space heater that needs 2 of it's own 15 amp circuits. Good luck finding an APC unit that could condition that expensive hardware.

PM on the way. (so as not to derail the thread)

Not a gun but just picked up a new Weber Genesis E-310 LP grill to replace our hand-me-down we got from a friend a while back. I can't wait to get it up and running.

Picked up the S&W M&P AR15 last month, have added a few things since, including:

Troy front and rear BUIS
Fenix TK11 light
DD VFG
MI Gen 2 quad rail
Aimpoint PRO
Redi-Mag 2P Tactical sling

13zwg36.jpg

Back
Top Bottom