new AC-556

thought you guys might want to see a quick pic of me blasin through a 30rd mag on my new Ruger AC-556K on Friday.

finally got through all the red tape with ATF and got to take home my new Machine Gun. Man I love this AC-556. If I can figure out how to post video clips I will post the video.

anyways, here is a quick pic. Midstream Full Auto on a 30rd Factory Ruger mag.

PDVD_000.jpg

If you took video using a standard digital camera with a memory card you can use Photobucket to host it. I use a card reader and uploaded video on it, its easy.

Holy Crap Do you see that?!!?

A lefty shooter! Huh just havent seen too many of those! Nice looking gun and congrats!! [laugh2]

So do you love it when a plan comes together? planning on clearing bars full of glass while not hitting anyone? (Ateam hooahhh!) used to love the show. but man where they bad shots.

yeah its a classic a-team gun.

but the funny this is the A-Team did not use AC-556s. They had the sound effects of the ACs but if you look real close, they dont have selector switches on them. They are regular run of the mill Mini 14s in Stainless steel with factory folding stocks on them. Great guns btw. As long as you use good factory mags and not the aftermarket crap ones you are golden.

Great gun though.
I love it when a plan comes together...[rofl]

Sorry Rob like I said dad (RIP)and I used to love to watch it. Face man and BA and my fave Murdock. Ahhh good times. and nice ac-556 too. And thats where I got the name for my 1919a4 (baby) thats what they called their M-60

Last edited:
its a pre 86 fully transferable NFA Machine Gun that any civilian can own provided their state allows ownership of transferable MGs and they can get a CLEO sign off on their F4 paperwork for the ATF(NFA branch).

I had it transfered from a friend of mine to my dealer in state and then to me.

total process from aquiring MG license in MA and 2 transfers was about 4 months.

not bad considering it used to take a year for just an ATF transfer.

At least your Chief would sign for it. I've heard that the Northfield Chief restricts Class A's to "no concealed carry".

I've been very close to buying a full auto in the past year, but reality set in and I had to admit that I'd never be able to afford to feed it with current ammo prices for the amount I'd want to shoot it!

One of my friends has a short barrelled AC-556. That damn thing sounds like a weedeater when you let it rip!

Will you be bringing it to the Westfield MG shoot on Oct 27-28? I'll be there playing with my friends' M16's, Uzi's and 1919's.

Nice buy. Just keep it well lubed. I've heard from one of my very experienced MG friends that the frames can weaken and crack. He knows of one that had to be welded and machined. I can try to find out the approximate round count before the failure.

I have never had a problem getting my unrestricted class A LTC but I have lived here since I was 4. I am also a certified firearms instructor so that may help I dont know.

yeah thats the same thing my Ruger is. A short barreled 13 inch factory folding stock AC-556. It certainly rips for sure. No doubt...

yeah I will be there at the Westfield show with my AC-556 with some of my buddies who bring M60s, M16s, UZIs and everything else under the sun.

hope to see you there. Should be a fun time,
Rob

when I tell you guys what I paid for this Ruger you guys are going to have some broken jaws because they are going to hit the floor hard.

I bought it off a friend I work with for 3K and he included a 90rd drum. I stole the freakin thing for sure. He was not looking at making money he just wanted to offload it. According to Ruger it was made in 81. It came from VT State police and they traded it in back in the mid 90s and then went to him so I am the 3rd owner. He did not fire it much and never really got into the NFA thing so he asked me if I wanted it about 8 months ago. I had a lot of leg work to do to get this thing in MA. First I had to get the MG license. That was tough but I got lucky. The gun is in SUPER, SUPER shape. I cleaned it up real nice when I got it too. So with the 2 $200 transfers (buddy to my dealer and dealer to me) I have a total of 3,400 invested in a gun that sells for 6 or 7K these days.

I dont know if anyone knows the standard going price for AC-556s these days or ANY NFA guns that are pre 86 transferables but you wont touch an AC-556 for under 6K or 6,5K. Some of them are up in the 8K range. Regular stocks and factory folders like mine. Any other NFA guns like M16s are going for 12K give or take a few grand, M60s go for 35K give or take a few, UZIs go for around 8 or 9K, MAC 10s or 11s go for about 3 or 4K. The Ruger has everything I need. Semi, 3rb and rock and roll. Nice little gun and as long as you give it a break to cool down in between every 3 mag dumps or so you wont burn the barrel out. Most people dont like the Ruger because you can burn the barrel out with mag dump after mag dump but what they dont realize is this gun was not meant to be a beater. It was meant for Government, Law Enforment and Helicopter operations with Special units to be utilized when needed. Ruger never intended it to go through 19 mag dumps in jungle warfare. However, I dumped 4 mags in under a minute last Friday with mine and it was not even too hot. Of course mine has the short 13' barrel so that helps. Then I let it cool down. That will work just fine for me. A few mag dumps for me and I have acheived my jollies....[smile]

anyways, I have a couple Mini 14s and now this Ruger AC-556 and while it may not be the most accurate gun in the world, as long as you feed it with good factory Ruger 30rd mags or PMIs work fine as well, and give it a rest ever few mag dumps, this MG gets the job done just fine for me..... I have fired numerous MGs at many different Instructor schools, (Glock, S&W, Bushmaster, Blackwater (yeah I know... blackwater... nevermind [grin], Sig etc and they are all fun but owning your own is a different kind of beast for sure.
I was running around the other day in the house with it singing the A-Team song clearning rooms and T intersections in my house and my wife just rolled her eyes and said, "why did I marry you?"
I answered, "I love it when a plan comes together...."[rofl][rofl]

then my son started doing it... that really pissed her off....[rofl][rofl]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom