• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NES Protest on Beacon Hill

Why? A forum is a discussion board, and this issue can still be discussed, can't it? I never understood why many people feel the need to request that threads be locked... Please don't take this the wrong way, my post is not meant to sound ill natured. I just want to have a better understanding that's all.

Because I believe most people in this thread are simply replying with "in"
and really not contributing any context.

The protest was for Patricks newest bill, which clearly we cannot organize before it gets voted on.

So having people say they are willing to protest in a protest that will not happen is just useless in my opinion.

Perhaps another thread, more generic in nature discussing how to organize one would be better. We already know there will be attendants. There's really no point in having a thread just to count the number.

The other thing we can do in the meantime is have a generic vote of "NO CONFIDENCE" in our state government. Signed petitions where we basically indicate we are aggrieved by incompetence, corruption, abuse and fraud by our state government. People who are sick of the fees, cost overruns, incomplete road repairs, crime, judges, whatever. People who are sick of writing their legislators and getting no response. People who are sick of seeing bills die in study with no action.

This has no mention about firearms, doesn't address firearms, is inclusive of everybody who has grievances and feels they are ignored. It must respect everybody's civil rights, and does not infringe on any person who is here legally with respect to race color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, whatever. It's for people who feel dismissed.

Just our way of telling the governor, the speaker, and his minions that they suck, and we want them to know that we know they suck.

A lot of signatures would get national attention, and it would be an excellent prelude to the upcoming vote to repeal the income tax.

Then we protest next spring with GOAL.

Last edited:
The protest was for Patricks newest bill, which clearly we cannot organize before it gets voted on.

Huh? Where did MilSurps4Me say it was for that?

If the only thing anybody wants to protest is paying $200 vs $100 to get a halfass version of our rights tentatively granted to us if our masters feel like it, then we're in bigger trouble than I thought.

Huh? Where did MilSurps4Me say it was for that?

If the only thing anybody wants to protest is paying $200 vs $100 to get a halfass version of our rights tentatively granted to us if our masters feel like it, then we're in bigger trouble than I thought.

My original intent was a kind of "straw that broke the camel's back" type of deal with an overall protest of the way Massachusetts gun owners are being treated in general these days.

My original intent was a kind of "straw that broke the camel's back" type of deal with an overall protest of the way Massachusetts gun owners are being treated in general these days.

Exactly. Who cares if the bill goes before the senate in such a short time? There is an abundance of other issues I could think to rally for.

Because I believe most people in this thread are simply replying with "in"
and really not contributing any context.

So, by being ready to stand by my fellow 2A supporters at the State House to protest the way lawful gun owners are persecuted by the Commonwealth, I am not contributing any context?

Where do you stand, Underwhere? Are you in for this or not?

Bob

|
|
|
V

Back
Top Bottom