NES Protest on Beacon Hill

The very reason Mass. has screwed you gun owners so badly is that you do not raise enough h*ll. There ought to be several thousand participate in such a protest. The reason that you suffer under such arcane laws is the legislators are not afraid of you. You must develop a plan to get every gun owner involved and make the legislature aware that you are serious. Failing that grab you wallets or give up your guns, it is that simple.

Im in any day any time. Nothing is more important than our rights....

"Right To Freedom Of Speech" - $0 Dollars

"Right Against Self Incrimination" - $0 Dollars

"Right To Trial By Jury" - $0 Dollars

"Right To Bear Arms" - $200.00

How Long Until You Need To Pay For A License For You Right To Free Speech?

Remember to spell check and double check any signs.

i-have-a-what.jpg

Last edited:
Well then count me out. I'm not getting in line for whatever they think I should or shouldn't look like. Good luck.

More's the pity. But if we give them a way to dismiss us, they will. If you don't fit their narrative, they can't just dismiss us as a bunch of kooks.

More's the pity. But if we give them a way to dismiss us, they will. If you don't fit their narrative, they can't just dismiss us as a bunch of kooks.

Anyone who ditches the professional attire of their culture to try to get the liberal morons not to dismiss them as kooks, are kooks. Anyone who tells me that I cannot dress in professional clothes and wear the hat that I wear to formal occasions can screw because that makes you one of them.

Here is any idea for you: If you want to get them to not "dismiss you" turn your guns in. If you still have a pair of testicles, keep the hat and the guns and be proud of who you are because they have already dismissed you, it's time to dismiss them.

And that doesn't mean spit when in the eye of the beholder (read: new england liberals) you look like their stereotype of an ignorant, slack-jawed yokel. You immediately become dismissable and your argument, no matter how eloquent and right, is tossed into the garbage.

And at the same time, they look upon greasy, stinkin' hippies as the very epitome of human social evolution.

Anyone who ditches the professional attire of their culture to try to get the liberal morons not to dismiss them as kooks, are kooks. Anyone who tells me that I cannot dress in professional clothes and wear the hat that I wear to formal occasions can screw because that makes you one of them.

Here is any idea for you: If you want to get them to not "dismiss you" turn your guns in. If you still have a pair of testicles, keep the hat and the guns and be proud of who you are because they have already dismissed you, it's time to dismiss them.

Dude, don't listen to anyone. Dress like you would normally, and don't try and standardize and sterilize yourself and your preferences because it's more palatable to liberals. Your a gun owner! It's not a f-ing fashion statement. Just be there, with your beliefs and your concerns.

Dude, don't listen to anyone. Dress like you would normally, and don't try and standardize and sterilize yourself and your preferences because it's more palatable to liberals. Your a gun owner! It's not a f-ing fashion statement. Just be there, with your beliefs and your concerns.

Exactly, I'm sick of it. We're the ones being discriminated against in this country but we make up the backbone of this country. No, I am not going to bend over and walk, talk, look, and act like a liberal to try to get recognition from them. Any one who doesn't see the benefit of having gunowners from all walks of life involved in this protest has lost their mind.

Gunowners are working for you, they're your boss, they're in the cube next to you, they're delivering the mail to your house, they're the cowboys, they're the lawyers, they're the doctors, they're black, they're white, they're asian. They are not all cookie cutter suburban soccer moms with 2.5 kids and a white picket fence.

Statehouse Demonstration – Cautionary Thoughts

I’ve been reading postings on the thread regarding the governor’s desire to increase LTC fees. The talk of a demonstration and the high emotions being expressed triggered thoughts about possible pitfalls if things are not carefully planned. I’m in full support of a demonstration, but this is not a time for a bunch of the guys to just jump into the car, go to Boston, and walk around with signs. There are potential dangers to individual demonstrators and the cause we support.

For those who know your history, stop for a moment and remember the ’68 Democratic convention riot in Chicago. The demonstrators believed in their cause, emotions were high, and everything started very peacefully. A person, or persons, unknown threw something or pushed someone (whatever) and triggered a violent confrontation with the police. Many were hurt and many were arrested. For many of the demonstrators (I wasn’t one of them, I was in the Army, overseas) being arrested was their “badge of courage.” Fast forward to today. If any of our demonstrators are arrested, there is a very real likelihood of permanent loss of LTC.

Anyone see where I’m going yet? The location is Boston. Mayor Menino, with his strong anti-gun agenda and the Boston Police department, are providing “security” for the demonstration. Demonstrators, composed of NES, GOAL, NRA members, and other supporters of the 2nd Amendment, gather at the Boston Commons and State House (after securing the appropriate permits, of course) with signs and begin their march, chanting as they go.

Suddenly, someone in the group of demonstrators (the media, the mayor, and the police will later insist it was one of the demonstrators) throws a rock, brick, (pick an object of your choice) at the police, who respond with “force necessary to quell the uprising.” Like ’68, many will be arrested (disarmed) and charged. The media will portray the assembled protesters as riotous gun nuts who provoked the police. Menino will crow about clearing this “dangerous element” from the streets of Boston. And they will have effectively removed those arrested from the roles of law-abiding citizens who are “allowed” to carry guns (more guns off the streets).

Now, none of us would throw that bottle or brick at the police. We are law-abiding folks. However, it’s not too far fetched to imaging the opponents of the 2nd Amendment attempting to insert some of their own into the crowd of demonstrators. And, if one or several of them begin throwing things to get the ball rolling, well the trigger has been pulled, so to speak, and the chain of events outlined above is put into motion.

Any demonstration being considered is NOT a “just throw the boys (and girls) into the car and go to Boston” affair. The stakes and seriousness are much too high. If this demonstration is to happen, it must be carefully planned with a practiced eye toward the potential tactics of our opposition, and contingency plans to negate or counter them. We need those with a clear head and objective view toward the task at hand. We need those with experience and those with legal expertise to guide the process of organizing.

The state is different now than it was in 1998. The economy was great especially in high tech, we weren't at war, terrorism wasn't a daily word. Right now people are justifiably angry, and the population has changed with a lot of people moving out of this crap hole.

The Brady's have a lot of distractions right now with the Heller decision, and now is the time to press. GOAL and the NRA know this. We really need to coordinate with them, and this can't be a stand alone action. It needs to be carefully planned, timed, and executed.

not that that couldn't happen, but I think you're overthinking things a bit. We'll never have a demonstration if we let fears like this overwhelm us. I say we should appoint a NES memeber to get permits and finalize a day/time and go for it.

As far as dress, just don't look like a scrub. Keep it clean and we're good to go.

I’ve been reading postings on the thread regarding the governor’s desire to increase LTC fees. The talk of a demonstration and the high emotions being expressed triggered thoughts about possible pitfalls if things are not carefully planned. I’m in full support of a demonstration, but this is not a time for a bunch of the guys to just jump into the car, go to Boston, and walk around with signs. There are potential dangers to individual demonstrators and the cause we support.

For those who know your history, stop for a moment and remember the ’68 Democratic convention riot in Chicago. The demonstrators believed in their cause, emotions were high, and everything started very peacefully. A person, or persons, unknown threw something or pushed someone (whatever) and triggered a violent confrontation with the police. Many were hurt and many were arrested. For many of the demonstrators (I wasn’t one of them, I was in the Army, overseas) being arrested was their “badge of courage.” Fast forward to today. If any of our demonstrators are arrested, there is a very real likelihood of permanent loss of LTC.

Anyone see where I’m going yet? The location is Boston. Mayor Menino, with his strong anti-gun agenda and the Boston Police department, are providing “security” for the demonstration. Demonstrators, composed of NES, GOAL, NRA members, and other supporters of the 2nd Amendment, gather at the Boston Commons and State House (after securing the appropriate permits, of course) with signs and begin their march, chanting as they go.

Suddenly, someone in the group of demonstrators (the media, the mayor, and the police will later insist it was one of the demonstrators) throws a rock, brick, (pick an object of your choice) at the police, who respond with “force necessary to quell the uprising.” Like ’68, many will be arrested (disarmed) and charged. The media will portray the assembled protesters as riotous gun nuts who provoked the police. Menino will crow about clearing this “dangerous element” from the streets of Boston. And they will have effectively removed those arrested from the roles of law-abiding citizens who are “allowed” to carry guns (more guns off the streets).

Now, none of us would throw that bottle or brick at the police. We are law-abiding folks. However, it’s not too far fetched to imaging the opponents of the 2nd Amendment attempting to insert some of their own into the crowd of demonstrators. And, if one or several of them begin throwing things to get the ball rolling, well the trigger has been pulled, so to speak, and the chain of events outlined above is put into motion.

Any demonstration being considered is NOT a “just throw the boys (and girls) into the car and go to Boston” affair. The stakes and seriousness are much too high. If this demonstration is to happen, it must be carefully planned with a practiced eye toward the potential tactics of our opposition, and contingency plans to negate or counter them. We need those with a clear head and objective view toward the task at hand. We need those with experience and those with legal expertise to guide the process of organizing.

Tell that to the blacks who wear baggy clothes and show up to job interviews.
Tell that to the Chimney Sweeps who attempt to get good tables at restaurants directly after work.

You are kidding yourself if you think that anyone is going to hear your points of view if you show up in attire that embraces the culture they already disdain. While en masse you might make the point on the spot, later the MSM will pick those 'come as you are artists' out of the crowd and you will see them all over the news as the new mascots for the reasons that they need to have gun control... its a double edged sword.

I dont think people need to wear their Sunday best, but showing up with confederate flags, open holsters, hostile t-shirts and signs is the last thing needed in the court of public opinion, which is just one of the many stagging grounds for the cause.

I'm glad to see the number of people interested in doing this. I didn't know what to expect when I started the thread.

I agree it needs to be done in a professional manner in order for us to be taken seriously. Was anyone here at the 99' GOAL event?

Tell that to the blacks who wear baggy clothes and show up to job interviews.
Tell that to the Chimney Sweeps who attempt to get good tables at restaurants directly after work.

You are kidding yourself if you think that anyone is going to hear your points of view if you show up in attire that embraces the culture they already disdain. While en masse you might make the point on the spot, later the MSM will pick those 'come as you are artists' out of the crowd and you will see them all over the news as the new mascots for the reasons that they need to have gun control... its a double edged sword.

I dont think people need to wear their Sunday best, but showing up with confederate flags, open holsters, hostile t-shirts and signs is the last thing needed in the court of public opinion, which is just one of the many stagging grounds for the cause.

We are talking about a cowboy hat here. Tell you what, I'll show up with my cowboy hat on and you can personally come to my face and tell me what you think of that. How does that sound?

I am going to write up petition tonight for my gun club to sign. I will post it up here so if anyone wants to print it and have there club sign also. Signatures and phone calls do matter! I am down for the protest I just need a ride as I am physically handycap and cant drive. If this bill is pasted it will really hurt people like me that are on disability and only make $800 a month. We the people really need to make sure this does not get passed!

Last edited:
1 - Im in. give me the date and time.

2 - those that are half in... GET IN! get the time off from work. this is your freedom damit, stop making excuses.

You are kidding yourself if you think that anyone is going to hear your points of view if you show up in attire that embraces the culture they already disdain.

How are you in any way shape or form under the impression that they do not already disdain law obiding gun owners?

We are talking about a cowboy hat here. Tell you what, I'll show up with my cowboy hat on and you can personally come to my face and tell me what you think of that. How does that sound?

If I am reading that correctly I think you are toeing the line with me and don't have much under that hat to work with; as you completely missed the point.

How are you in any way shape or form under the impression that they do not already disdain law obiding gun owners?

I am not under that impression at all. Please re-read what I wrote. I am saying that showing up in a manner of dress or mannerism that enforces the mindset that they are already comfortable with in wielding to discriminate against you and hold your views in contempt; is likely not the best way to approach them.

I'm not saying you need to grab a suit and tie, shine your shoes and change who you are, I'm saying you need to be cognizant of your appearance for the venue.

Regardless, this discussion is taking away from the joy and push for change in this thread so I'll end my thoughts here. PM if you wish.

I am not under that impression at all. Please re-read what I wrote. I am saying that showing up in a manner of dress or mannerism that enforces the mindset that they are already comfortable with in wielding to discriminate against you and hold your views in contempt; is likely not the best way to approach them.

I'm not saying you need to grab a suit and tie, shine your shoes and change who you are, I'm saying you need to be cognizant of your appearance for the venue.

Regardless, this discussion is taking away from the joy and push for change in this thread so I'll end my thoughts here. PM if you wish.

Calling whatever you were doing "thoughts" is a stretch. I wear my cowboy hat to church on sunday, I will be wearing it on protest day.

Last edited by a moderator:
G.O.A.L. MEMBERSHIP EVENT at STATE HOUSE

Suggestion: How about if Jim Wallace and GOAL get a permit for an event on the Beacon Hill steps. Set up a bunch of tables, and run it as a MEMBERSHIP DRIVE A BIG RECRUITMENT EFFORT!

Let the ranks of GOAL swell, right in front of the Beacon Hill folks.

Put up a microphone and podium, and give speeches.

Start off with the pledge of allegiance.

Have a speech about legal gun ownership.
Get 50 or so good legislators (if you can find them) to join Jim Wallace on the steps to show strong opposition to the Governor (you should have 19 Republicans from the House, and 5 Republicans from the Senate join you for starters, and there are a handful of Democrats who should also be miffed).

But you have to time it right, and do it soon. They recess after making their spending mess, in 1.5 weeks.

Call the press. Alert the media.

Standing for Our Rights

Jim, what say you?

Lonnie-

Re: "G.O.A.L. MEMBERSHIP EVENT at STATE HOUSE"

I've got several saved comp days to either work (and take extra pay) or take off, and I'm VERY hard up for cash, to the point where I'm STILL putting off my LTC & GOAL membership...but if this was organized by GOAL and there was a membership tent, I'd take the day and pay for the membership.

Back
Top Bottom