NES Protest on Beacon Hill

I'd drive out there to participate. Live in Rome, NY. I don't want to pay $250.00 for a non resident permit.

Bob

Does anyone know when this thing goes up for a vote?

My sister has a PR firm (in California) and I think I could get her to help out with contacting media and other things, she does this all the time for non-profits out there.

If this were for real, I'd do it.

The thing is, we need to get to the clubs and show up with BUSLOADS of people. We need to have the traffic radio saying how busy the roads are, how the T is full. Is this really going to happen?

I was at the ones in Boston and Hudson and I think one other back in the day.

Last edited:
As much as I loath the thought of going to boston, I'm in.
I stood in front of the Govs house in Hudson with GOAL,(and probably some of you guys) in the late 90's, so this is a good idea too.

The police in that area could take the day off, with a protest there by law-abiding gun owners, it would be safer there than anywhere else in the city.

I'd be in for this. But, protests in MA by folks like us carry no weight, IMHO. There is little good coverage of the event and those liberal piles of sh*t in the mASSachusetts legislature just don't care.

I'm not originally from here and find all of this letter writing and phone calling to a group of deaf legislators to be too time consuming and just plain wearing. And, in the end, at best, we seem to just slow the bleeding.

While I think I would join in, I'd prefer to save my money on yard signs and gas to get to Boston and put it into a fund for an attorney to sue the piss out of these trash liberals.

Our right to keep and bear arms is a right, not a privilege. Heller made it plain that it is an individual right, not unlike voting. These license fees are nothing different in that respect than a poll tax. I don't care that the money stolen from us for our licenses is called a fee and not a tax. It could just as well have been called a poll fee than a poll tax, it was still wrong on every level.

I believe this is going to come down to a court battle. And, I think a class action suit would make things a little easier on our wallets. We can stand around Beacon Hill waving signs, but in the end, we need to beat them in court and have them jailed when they don't comply.

The police in that area could take the day off, with a protest there by law-abiding gun owners, it would be safer there than anywhere else in the city.

While true from a public safety standpoint, it would be nice to have some police officers protesting with us. In particular, if we could get a large police presence on our side (in uniforms), then the media effect of the protest would be enhanced.

Of course, the police would have to be willing to do so voluntarily.

Does anyone know of any police officer they can include on this? Maybe some guys from Masscops? And all you people who are saying that this is pointless, shut up and man up! Is this going to change MA laws? NO Will this get our point across? More than sitting at your computer bitching will..

Can I come if I live in RI?
If so, I'll try to be there as long as time and date woks for me. Hadn't been at any protest actions since left Russia...

Keep the protest signs non-violent. "Honk if you love freedom", "Protect ALL civil rights", "Don't Tax My Rights", etc. None of this "impeach blah-blah" crap. That's worthless and counterproductive. Also: shower, shave and don't wear jeans, cowboy boots, cowboy hats, plaid, lots of leather or otherwise look like a redneck/biker/mountain man (even if you are one). If there is media to be there, take into account the perception. If the GFW think we look like a pack of mouth-breathing maniacs, it will only push them into the waiting arms of the grabbers. If we can get a GOAL representative there, point all media to them for comments and keep your own words to something simple like "Just here to stand for my rights" -- by getting into a debate or getting upset, you only feed the perception that you're a redneck loser with anger management problems.

And the second that gets on the TV, we're done for.

Protest

Can't disagree. To say she wasn't an influential columnist at that time would be ignoring
the obvious though. I have nothing but hatred for her. All you have to do is listen to her
for one second with that moron Jim Braude and if you can hold your stomach down you're a
better man than I am.
I was there. I remember reading her column the next day. What a liar. There were probably no more than 5-10 people wearing cowboy hats. Talk about having an agenda.

I was there. I remember reading her column the next day. What a liar. There were probably no more than 5-10 people wearing cowboy hats. Talk about having an agenda.

What is wrong with a cowboy hat? there are formal dress cowboy hats that many people wear with suits. Anyone who criticizes someone for wearing a cowboy hat are criticising some of the hardest working most honest citizens that I have ever met in this country.

What is wrong with a cowboy had, there are formal dress cowboy hats that many people wear with suits. Anyone who criticizes someone for wearing a cowboy hat are criticising some of the hardest working most honest citizens that I have ever met in this country.

And that doesn't mean spit when in the eye of the beholder (read: new england liberals) you look like their stereotype of an ignorant, slack-jawed yokel. You immediately become dismissable and your argument, no matter how eloquent and right, is tossed into the garbage.

With this many folks willing to participate, it's time to organize. GOAL is the more influential organization in MA and if they can help sending email/fliers. I will volunteer to make calls, signs and organize the event.

And that doesn't mean spit when in the eye of the beholder (read: new england liberals) you look like their stereotype of an ignorant, slack-jawed yokel. You immediately become dismissable and your argument, no matter how eloquent and right, is tossed into the garbage.

Well then count me out. I'm not getting in line for whatever they think I should or shouldn't look like. Good luck.

What is wrong with a cowboy hat? there are formal dress cowboy hats that many people wear with suits. Anyone who criticizes someone for wearing a cowboy hat are criticising some of the hardest working most honest citizens that I have ever met in this country.

You are right!
I will wear my best suit and my cowboy hat!

Back
Top Bottom