Natick Police big gun bust

View attachment 782083

Press Release:
“Based on information gathered during a routine encounter, Officers from the Natick Police Department applied for a search warrant of a residence in Natick. During the execution of the search warrant, investigators discovered and seized a large number of high capacity magazines (for firearms), a firearm, thousands of rounds of ammunition, fireworks, two stun guns, and a protective ballistic carrier. An arrest warrant was sought for the resident who was subsequently arrested, charged and arraigned today in Framingham District Court on numerous charges. Strong work by both our Patrol and Criminal Investigations Divisions.”

End release——-

I tried to get a crowd going at the local open carry NC republican tent and they wouldn’t believe me. This is abhorrent. I am avoiding commenting on this publicly. I love how people think this “bust” makes them safer.

Natick Police spend most of their time tied up at the mall with shoplifters or traffic issues on route 9 since State Police don’t “patrol” route 9 like a highway patrol should.

Fire away I need the therapy. If I was police chief I wouldn’t have even posted this release its laughable. Sorry if this is a dupe
Looks like a display case at any number of small storefront gun shops here in SoNH. But they’d have NH police patches…

That collection looks more like a table at a show than a personal collection. Or someone who knew they needed a license for a gun but didn't know that included ammo and mags. Wouldn't be surprising if he was from out of state. At 33 he's not a kid, but the idea that he moved to MA fits. You'd be surprised, or maybe not, how many up here in NH have no idea that ammo and mags are included in MA and are committing felonies on a regular basis. They know it's bad in MA, they just don't know how bad.
Post #7

Natick is a green town, BTW. Just sayin'.
Green is an obsolete term now, and used to refer to the willingness to issue unrestricted.

There are now different issues:

- Does the PD erect unreasonable obstacles (months to get an appointment, takes forever once submitted, etc.). Natick is very professional in this area and does a very good job.

- Respect for due process. Does the PD understand that a constitutional right should not be denied based on a finding of not guilty, dismissed charge, or charge dropped after a waiting period (CWOF)? I know that Natick has revoked at least one LTC for a dismissed charge, and vigorously contested the appeal (and won) in court.

- No word as to the ability of "ordinaries" to get MG licenses, but I know that they have been issued in Natick.

Green is an obsolete term now, and used to refer to the willingness to issue unrestricted.
I should have quoted the antecedent, which was

chances are the existence of an LTC in the pre-warrant background thing would have prevent this entire saga.

As I re-read it, I'm not sure I interpreted it correctly, but my thought was that unless he just moved in or has some blemish on his record that they are using to deny it, he should already have an unrestricted LTC, probably issued pre-Bruen. In the case of having applied and been denied or issued restricted, he'd be crazy to have this stuff. If he just moved here and was applying for an LTC, jacking him up for this stuff was schitty move. I'm hoping the true story isn't that.

Those two items in the blue plastic case with the flare gun look awfully big to me to be shot gun shells. The shotgun shells in the upper right corner look totally different that the two items in the blue box with the flare gun.

Not unless there was also a barrel insert to reduce from 4 bore to 12 ga. The flare gun is a HK P2A1 which is 4 bore.

I found the guy's case. I blocked out his name as a courtesy. If you care you can find it the way I did. I think he was assigned counsel. It says his attorney is Julie Buszuwski, anyway, and I think that's what she does.

View attachment 782211

Maybe one of our lawyers can pull up more info. What’s shown is pretty much all there is for me to see on that site.
We really do need this guy's name (as a starting point) if we are to ever understand how and why this weirdness went down. 🤔

Excuse and pardon me for being a dummy, but where's the crime? Even if he had 1,000 rounds of ammo what the hell good is that? Is someone just going to toss a round of ammo at someone hoping it goes off? Last I knew a flare gun isn't a firearm and it's mandatory to own a flare gun if one owns a boat and I've seen them for sale at Walmart right next to the fishing equipment.

Excuse and pardon me for being a dummy, but where's the crime? Even if he had 1,000 rounds of ammo what the hell good is that? Is someone just going to toss a round of ammo at someone hoping it goes off? Last I knew a flare gun isn't a firearm and it's mandatory to own a flare gun if one owns a boat and I've seen them for sale at Walmart right next to the fishing equipment.
In MA, storage laws. Access by the unlicensed to the "ammunition".

As used in sections 122 to 131Y, inclusive, the following words shall, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, have the following meanings:-- “Ammunition”, cartridges or cartridge cases, primers (igniter), bullets or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm, rifle or shotgun.

Mass. General Laws c.140 § 121 | Mass.gov

www.mass.gov/info-details/mass-general-laws-c140-ss-121
www.mass.gov/info-details/mass-general-laws-c140-ss-121

Google "malum in-se" [thanks @Mesatchornug for the correction] vs "malum prohibitum".

Last edited:
Unless this person is a felon, this is a PERFECT situation for FPC or NAGR to use to overturn magazine limits anywhere in the country! This case is so narrow and clear, it can be used to clearly define what "in common use" means. The fact is, the "in common use" test was not an explicit ruling but an opinion. Take this case to SCOTUS and they will 99% rule to make "in-common use" an explicit test to use to decide whether a law is unconstitutional.

I am shocked that Natick DA wants to charge this person. Most MA DAs understand that if they start going after regular folks for things like magazines, these cases can be used to overturn the MA AWB laws. Who wants their career ended for a dumb move like that? Every MA DA and AG knows full well that MA AWB is on very shaky grounds legally. This is why they would rather use the law to scare people into self-limiting their constitutional rights.

If I was his attorney, I'd be calling FPC right now! If she doesn't, Richard should call them himself!

P.S. There is another thing going for the pro-2A side: the 1st District appeals court likes to dismiss cases that are hypothetical(If I bought X, I'd be breaking the law). In this case, the individual already possessed magazines that are in common use and was charged with a crime: actual harm done to the individual!

Last edited:
Unless this person is a drug dealer, this is a PERFECT situation for FPC or NAGR to use to overturn magazine limits anywhere in the country! If I was his attorney, I'd be calling FPC right now! If she doesn't, Richard should call them himself!

- The police are claiming the flare gun was modified to fire .22, hence possession of a firearm. Easy to find 26.5mm Sub-Caliber Inserts | FTF Industries Inc. - Firearms Parts & Accessories

- They apparently noticed something sufficient to motivate them to get a search warrant when searching for someone else living there (but not present at the time) to serve an arrest warrant.

- The fact that a apartment mate who (a) had an arrest warrant out and (b) the warrant was significant enough to rate acting on it suggests that this has "bad case" written all over it.

Does an arrest warrant double as a search warrant to enter a shared residence absent any specific indication the person is there at the time?

- The police are claiming the flare gun was modified to fire .22, hence possession of a firearm. Easy to find 26.5mm Sub-Caliber Inserts | FTF Industries Inc. - Firearms Parts & Accessories

- They apparently noticed something sufficient to motivate them to get a search warrant when searching for someone else living there (but not present at the time) to serve an arrest warrant.

- The fact that a apartment mate who (a) had an arrest warrant out and (b) the warrant was significant enough to rate acting on it suggests that this has "bad case" written all over it.

Does an arrest warrant double as a search warrant to enter a shared residence absent any specific indication the person is there at the time?
So they went into his apartment because they were looking for someone else!? How did they enter the apartment!? This sounds fishy and can be used to show that warrant was issued under false pretense(Too much law TV, i know).

P.S. Not having an FID was a dumb move on his part, IMHO.

I don't trust anyone who has more than like 2 unopened boxes of ammo

I have thousands of rounds at my house just not in individual boxes like that

Cases are acceptable too

But that's serial killery in my book

I am shocked that Natick DA wants to charge this person. Most MA DAs understand that if they start going after regular folks for things like magazines, these cases can be used to overturn the MA AWB laws. Who wants their career ended for a dumb move like that? Every MA DA and AG knows full well that MA AWB is on very shaky grounds legally. This is why they would rather use the law to scare people into self-limiting their constitutional rights.
Prosecutors often have a mindset that "if they win, it means justice was served". It is very rare for a prosecutor to just drop a case even for minor violations once charged. The typical disposition is often a CWOF.

The prosecutor will know that given the choice "Take a CWOF or refresh your attorney's retainer, go to trial risking loss, and expect severe punishment from the court for not copping a plea if you lose" that 99% of defendants will take a plea .... even those who start out with "tough talk" like "I am innocent, I will not cop a plea". I know of one Jan 6 dissident who talked with such bravado but when it was all over the talk was "my attorney got me a good plea deal, it was not a felony".

Last edited:
So they went into his apartment because they were looking for someone else!? How did they enter the apartment!? This sounds fishy and can be used to show that warrant was issued under false pretense(Too much law TV, i know).

P.S. Not having an FID was a dumb move on his part, IMHO.
(1) It was the residence of the person with the warrant. I do not know if that serves as a warrant to enter against the will of the other occupant absent a clear indication that the person is on the premises. Anyone here know for sure?

(2) The police have a way of "asking" that makes the subject feel like they are being "ordered", without crossing the involuntary consent line. This is why it is very important to be polite and non-aggressive, but vocalize your lack of consent. Chances are excellent this was a "consent search".

I found the guy's case. I blocked out his name as a courtesy. If you care you can find it the way I did. I think he was assigned counsel. It says his attorney is Julie Buszuwski, anyway, and I think that's what she does.

View attachment 782211
Sad stuff, but covers well a popular question if anyone can be prosecuted for just hi capacity magazines.

Hey. You guys need to get your panties in a wad. That one gun MUST be an arsenal.

The citizens of Natick were saved by the police. I know I can sleep better for sure.

They apparently noticed something sufficient to motivate them to get a search warrant
at natick police department reception window:
-hi officer, i just moved in here in town 5 months ago and neighbor told me i need to get some kind of a license for guns i brough with me?
-no problem, we will get process started for you, how many guns you`ve got?
-shotgun, glock and some glock magazines
-no problem good lad, we'll be in touch with you tomorrow.

most simplest explanations are usually the correct ones. anyway, would be interesting to follow the case, to see the outcome.

Great thread ... I recommend all non NES member contributors for paid NES membership !!! [wave]

Back
Top Bottom