Natick Police big gun bust

IMG_7558.jpeg

Press Release:
“Based on information gathered during a routine encounter, Officers from the Natick Police Department applied for a search warrant of a residence in Natick. During the execution of the search warrant, investigators discovered and seized a large number of high capacity magazines (for firearms), a firearm, thousands of rounds of ammunition, fireworks, two stun guns, and a protective ballistic carrier. An arrest warrant was sought for the resident who was subsequently arrested, charged and arraigned today in Framingham District Court on numerous charges. Strong work by both our Patrol and Criminal Investigations Divisions.”

End release——-

I tried to get a crowd going at the local open carry NC republican tent and they wouldn’t believe me. This is abhorrent. I am avoiding commenting on this publicly. I love how people think this “bust” makes them safer.

Natick Police spend most of their time tied up at the mall with shoplifters or traffic issues on route 9 since State Police don’t “patrol” route 9 like a highway patrol should.

Fire away I need the therapy. If I was police chief I wouldn’t have even posted this release its laughable. Sorry if this is a dupe

Last edited:
Without any info other than that in the original post, that looks like the kind of stuff one would expect a serious otherwise lawful shooter who knows about MA gun laws, but is not aware about the ammo/hi cap mag law (or that MA may consider a flare gun to be a firearm) would have if they left their firearms out of state pending application for an LTC. The "Still in wrapper" accessories (but no large quantity of any one) suggests someone who was into picking up "deals" when they came across them.

Based on "information obtained during a routine encounter" rules out an informant or tip, so likely something caused the conversation to turn to firearms (perhaps something innocent that depicted the in-duh-vidual as a gun person) motivating the police to run an LTC/FID check, and get real interested when the person turned out to be unlicensed.

The brands and quality are another clue - how many criminals stock multiple name brands of premium ammo including Corbon? And twenty 30 round AR mags? That's not even a plethora.

But, even if he was a person who did not pose a public risk, the paperwork and licensing violations are serious.

A reminder that there is no such thing as a casual conversation with a police officer. And to get an LTC - which would have rendered this a non-issue .... chances are the existence of an LTC in the pre-warrant background thing would have prevent this entire saga.

My guess is a gun owner who had not yet moved in his guns, and was unaware than ammo and >10 round mags require a license in MA.

Last edited:
What’s the stuff just above the lone 50 BMG round? The stuff with that red bird/eagle on the packaging

What department has a tolerance policy?
I know of one officer in NJ who has a tolerance policy, but only if he encounters someone who is legal but for the paperwork and it has not been called in (exact quote - "I'm not risking my pension for anyone").

A now retired KY state trooper told me two things:
  1. The Brady group upgraded KY from an F- to an F on gun control. I want that minus back.
  2. I'm going to think really hard before I lay a felony on someone and only do so if they deserve it

Without any info other than that in the original post, that looks like the kind of stuff one would expect a serious otherwise lawful shooter who knows about MA gun laws, but is not aware about the ammo/hi cap mag law (or that MA may consider a flare gun to be a firearm) would have if they left their firearms out of state pending application for an LTC. The "Still in wrapper" accessories (but no large quantity of any one) suggests someone who was into picking up "deals" when they came across them.

Based on "information obtained during a routine encounter" rules out an informant or tip, so likely something caused the conversation to turn to firearms (perhaps something innocent that depicted the in-duh-vidual as a gun person) motivating the police to run an LTC/FID check, and get real interested when the person turned out to be unlicensed.

The brands and quality are another clue - how many criminals stock multiple name brands of premium ammo including Corbon? And twenty 30 round AR mags? That's not even a plethora.

But, even if he was a person who did not pose a public risk, the paperwork and licensing violations are serious.

A reminder that there is no such thing as a casual conversation with a police officer. And to get an LTC - which would have rendered this a non-issue .... chances are the existence of an LTC in the pre-warrant background thing would have prevent this entire saga.

My guess is a gun owner who had not yet moved in his guns, and was unaware than ammo and >10 round mags require a license in MA.
That's a good one. It depends on why you have it.

Ch 140 S 131

(j)​

(1) No license shall be required for the carrying or possession of a firearm known as a detonator and commonly used on vehicles as a signaling and marking device, when carried or possessed for such signaling or marking purposes.

All Empires fall from within.
The USAs become a worlds administrative empire

Attachments

• 22pe4t.jpeg
    22pe4t.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom