• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Natick Police big gun bust

Slightly off-topic question: Is the same currently true of CT? How 'bout RI? 🤔

Would like to re-confirm before my next below-the-border shopping run.
I don’t know unfortunately. CT just passed a bunch of new laws but don’t believe that includes anything for low cap mags. You can’t buy anything in CT without a permit except maybe low cap mags and accessories. RI no idea.

It will be interesting to see who it was they were looking for and what the arrest warrant was for.

I bet he just let them in not realizing he was going to get busted. I would wager these items were in plain sight.

Did you read the article about the police noticing some of the stuff when they were in the apartment looking for a resident to serve an arrest warrant?

Could also just be moving into an apartment and not realizing the new roommate is in trouble with the law.

I wouldn’t paint this person as affiliating with criminals or anything yet.

Sad stuff, but covers well a popular question if anyone can be prosecuted for just hi capacity magazines.
In fairness to the cops, even a blind fool could figure out that at least some of those hi-cap magazines were post-ban. 🙁
It will be interesting to see who it was they were looking for and what the arrest warrant was for.

I bet he just let them in not realizing he was going to get busted. I would wager these items were in plain sight.
Lesson No. 1 - Think twice about rooming with folks who have outstanding arrest warrants. 🤔

In fairness to the cops, even a blind fool could figure out that at least some of those hi-cap magazines were post-ban. 🙁

Lesson No. 1 - Think twice about rooming with folks who have outstanding arrest warrants. 🤔
Part of the lesson learned also is to always keep things stored appropriately and out of sight of possible enemy eyes.

Just like having 2A stickers on your car making you a target. It’s sometimes best to be a grey man.

If we assume this person is from out of state though, those items aren’t regulated except in a few states. May have not even crossed their mind since they didn’t have any firearms.

If we assume this person is from out of state though, those items aren’t regulated except in a few states. May have not even crossed their mind since they didn’t have any firearms.
Maybe that excuse will work with a judge... maybe not. We have seen an awful lot of the right folks walk from far worse violations than this.

We really do need this guy's name (as a starting point) if we are to ever understand how and why this weirdness went down. 🤔
Of course you have it now in the Metrowest Daily News article. I did some searches, but I don't have time for this crap. FWIW, I think the thread starts in Hopkinton, possibly closing out in that location with the sale of parents' home in March of last year, possible relocation of the parents to Laconia, NH, which I really didn't confirm because that's where I left off. I haven't seen any reason to think he isn't a reasonably good guy who's been caught in the snare of complicated MA gun control laws.

Last edited:
Maybe that excuse will work with a judge... maybe not. We have seen an awful lot of the right folks walk from far worse violations than this.
One would hope if this person isn’t a criminal and this was an honest mistake, but I have no idea.

I know of one officer in NJ who has a tolerance policy, but only if he encounters someone who is legal but for the paperwork and it has not been called in (exact quote - "I'm not risking my pension for anyone").

A now retired KY state trooper told me two things:
  1. The Brady group upgraded KY from an F- to an F on gun control. I want that minus back.
  2. I'm going to think really hard before I lay a felony on someone and only do so if they deserve it

That’s how the old school cops think the good cops… sadly many of them even the ones that got on in the early 00s are retiring.

I was taught there are 4 kinds of cops growing up Patrol just answering calls if they find something oh well.. Detectives who investigate specific crimes, administrative officers who show up to work with a J frame or baby glock and no handcuffs or gear rarely answer calls or leave the station. Special operations cops (SWAT, boat patrol, aviation maybe depending on the agency traffic enforcement ).

Then the drug interdiction cops the ones looking for stuff and will try to forfeit your life savings in cash over to you. They are looking to pull people over and gonna call out that dog for everyone for an excuse to search. Down in NC if you see a sheriffs or local police/deputy at a fixed post on a divided interstate highway that’s them…. Compete a**h***s.

In NC also traditional traffic enforcement seems to be lacking.. highway patrols task forces seem to focus on harassing truckers. Very few vehicle stops I see by regular road troopers on patrol of speeders, etc… it’s because if their is a car crash at dollar general outside of city limits…. In the county the sheriff doesn’t respond..highway patrol does…

I can’t stand interdiction cops.. they would be better off watching houses at 2 Am for drug dealers causing quality of life issues and doing buy busts then hanging out on the highway. .

Last edited:
Of course you have it now in the Metrowest Daily News article. I did some searches, but I don't have time for this crap. FWIW, I think the thread starts in Hopkinton, possibly closing out in that location with the sale of parents' home in March of last year, possible relocation of the parents to Laconia, NH, which I really didn't confirm because that's where I left off. I haven't seen any reason to think he isn't a reasonably good guy who's been caught in the snare of complicated MA gun control laws.
Good detective work! [thumbsup] You did better than moi. My Google-fu has been in the crapper lately. 🥸

One would hope if this person isn’t a criminal and this was an honest mistake, but I have no idea.
If he isn't a criminal and this was an honest mistake... he will be nailed to the cross. 😳

On the other hand, if he were a Worcester or Framingham illegal/gang member, he'd be walking free already. 😡

Back
Top Bottom