Name that line redux

That's an easy one. Bill Paxton's prim and proper fiancee in......

"Twister". (not the game).

Yup. Love that movie. Totally unrealistic, but fun.

Now for something completely different:

"The only thing holding it together is the bird droppings."

Ross

depends on where, I mean what, you think is interesting

I could not remember how it was described in the movie. Perhaps I should have said "unusual"? Not much on him I find interesting. Except for Daphne maybe.

[shock]

FPrice said:
SiameseRat,

Is that the one with the captain with the "interesting" tattoo?

Rip torn (the Admiral): "I need a man who can think like a pirate! I need a man with a tattoo on his dick! Do I have that man?"

Kelsey Grammer (Captain Tom Dodge): "By a strange coincidence, Sir, you do."

Down Periscope - Great movie. I was on the sub that they filmed the exterior shots on. USS Pampanito, tied up at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.

Ross

One more...

OK, my wife is insisting I have to challenge y'all with this one:

"Swallowed my gum."

If someone gets this one, I'll be really impressed... it's a pretty obscure movie.

Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Moderator said:
Les Misérables ?

Not even close. Think Melanie Griffith.

Good luck.

Is it the one where she's got the "head for business?" I'm having another brain cramp....

That one's Working Girl, Lynne. But I don't remember off hand if it's from there. Has she ever not played a ditz? Actually it may be. I dunno. I'm stumped.

SiameseRat said:
Lynne said:
Is it the one where she's got the "head for business?" I'm having another brain cramp....

That one's Working Girl, Lynne. But I don't remember off hand if it's from there. Has she ever not played a ditz? Actually it may be. I dunno. I'm stumped.

Ah, yes... the line you're thinking of is "I've got a head for business and a bod for sin." Great movie, but not the one I'm thinking of.

She didn't play a ditz in this movie - she was a guide and a shooter.

I'll post the answer later tonight (or maybe tomorrow after the shoot) if no one gets it.

Ross

Lynne said:
I would have remembered Melanie shooting.

And driving a kick-ass Mustang as well.

OK, the flick was a real campy sci-fi movie called "Cherry 2000". http://imdb.com/title/tt0092746/

Melanie plays E. Johnson, a "tracker" hired by Sam Treadwell (David Andrews) to take him into the "forbidden zone" (what's left of Las Vegas) in post-Apocalyptic America to try and find a new body for his sex robot, A Cherry 2000 model. He still has her memory chip, but her body shorted out in the opening scene, an almost-sex scene in the opening of the movie.

At one point, E. and Treadwell are hanging on the outside of the Mustang, which is dangling from a crane 100' in the air. During an acrobatic move to free the car, she swallows her gum... and says so.

More I will not say other than to Rent This Movie. It's hysterical. Or buy it: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...72429/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/102-0501246-4553710

Ross

"Well. I'm your father. And I sure love you. So." {BANG}

The Duke: McClintock

Here's a lob:

"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Ken

"I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

From "Dr. Strangelove", wasn't it? Col Jack D. Ripper?

English, m*f*! Do they speak it?

(Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?)

I think that might be Pulp Fiction.

How about this one before I call it a night?

"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves"

Ken

C-pher said:
You said it was clear!
I said it *looked* clear.
Well, how does it look now?
Looks clear.

Is that from the video that worked its way online of the Cop shooting himself in the leg in front of a bunch of school kids [roll]

SiameseRat said:
C-pher said:
You said it was clear!
I said it *looked* clear.
Well, how does it look now?
Looks clear.

Is that from the video that worked its way online of the Cop shooting himself in the leg in front of a bunch of school kids [roll]

hehe, I forgot about that...but nope. It's one of my favorite Sci Fi Movies.

Back
Top Bottom