Name that line redux

Uh... I think you can safely assume that no one's going to get that one. What's it from?

Just watching a movie with Kath and we just heard this one: "Whoever wrote this episode should DIE!!!"

Any guesses?

Ross

FPrice said:
"What knockers!":

"Oh, thank you, Doctor!"

That would be Gene Wilder as Dr "Froderick Fronkensteen" in _Young Frankenstein_.

How about this one: "You think I'm hostile now, wait 'til you see me tonight!"

Ross

"Do you two know each other?"
"She' my fiancé your honor."
"Oh, Well then that explains the hostility"

My Cousin Vinny one of my all time favorites

How bout this

"Nice beaver"
"Thanks, I just had it stuffed"

Well, it was a truly forgetable movie, but after trying to say it in with a lot of different times and inflections, I think I got it. Is it the japanese ball player in that movie about a lousy baseball team with Scott Backula and Corbin Bernsen?

Ken

KMaurer said:
Well, it was a truly forgetable movie, but after trying to say it in with a lot of different times and inflections, I think I got it. Is it the japanese ball player in that movie about a lousy baseball team with Scott Backula and Corbin Bernsen?

Major League: Back to the Minors.

Actually, Kathy and I find it hysterical. Certainly better than the second movie... and in some ways, better than the first one with Charlie Sheen. One of those movies that we'll watch when we want some laughs.

But yes, that was "Taka" Tanaka.

Your turn to post one.

Ross

We can fly! We can fly! We can fly!

Before DVDs, before VCRs, before cable, the two greatest treats on television were when, once every year or two, one of the networks (ABC, NBC, CBS were the only choices there) would pull out The Wizard of Oz or Peter Pan. In my mind there will forever be only one Pan .. J.R. Ewing's mother.

Ken

Lynne said:
"Second star to the right and straight ahead til morning."

That was one of the Star Trek movies... Number 4, maybe? "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish"? (OK, it was really title "Teh Way Home".

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:

That was one of the Star Trek movies... Number 4, maybe? "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish"? (OK, it was really title "Teh Way Home".

Ross

There was a line similar in one of the ST movies, but that's not it. Hint: It was on TV within the past few days.

Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Lynne said:

Ross

There was a line similar in one of the ST movies, but that's not it. Hint: It was on TV within the past few days.

You're looking at the wrong guy, then. My TV habits run to Mail Call and some of the crime fantasies on CBS like JAG, Without A Trace, etc. But Kathy doesn't like it when I point out the fallacies in them... :p

Ross

Well, they quote the line in Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, and I think they also used it in an episode of South Park, but the original is unquestionably Peter Pan's directions to Neverland.

Ken

KMaurer said:
Well, they quote the line in Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country, and I think they also used it in an episode of South Park, but the original is unquestionably Peter Pan's directions to Neverland.

Ken

Correct Ken. "Hook" was on the other night. :D

How about this one,

"I don't tip because society says I have to, I'll tip if somebody really deserves a tip. If they really put forth the effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, it's for the birds."

Moderator said:
How about this one,

"I don't tip because society says I have to, I'll tip if somebody really deserves a tip. If they really put forth the effort, I'll give them something extra. But I mean, this tipping automatically, it's for the birds."

Did Jack Nickelson say that? (I can't even remember how to spell his name)

Back
Top Bottom