N.H. woman found with gun at Massachusetts courthouse held without bail

I was reading thru some of the earlier posts, that mentioned a NH permit issued out of Salem NH while she listed an address in Londonderry.

Since NH now has constitutional carry, the permit point is moot since MA does not have reciprocity.

She didn't need a permit in NH, and the only reason to have one is if you go to a state that has reciprocity.

I do not have a NH resident permit as MA would not recognize it, and I am not going to bother getting a Non Res MA LTC ... my MA permit turned into a pumpkin when I moved to NH. The only reason for me to get a NH license would be a NH resident permit is good in Florida where I have a house, but so far I have not felt a need to carry down there. When I move to Florida at some point, I will get licensed there.

She didn't need a permit in NH, and the only reason to have one is if you go to a state that has reciprocity.

Not to skew too much into NH law, but there are two other reasons:

1. Private sales of a handgun to someone not "personally known" to you
2. Carrying a loaded pistol in/on an OHRV

The woman was carrying without a permit in another state. She was familiar with her destination and the security procedures that she would be going through. She made multiple previous visits to the destination. Her boyfriend/husband's sentencing hearing was occurring that day for drug and firearms charges stemming from an investigation into a shooting. When viewing the totality of the circumstances, there is a strong enough inference raising to the level of probable cause to support her arrest and holding until a hearing on her bail can be had.

Exactly the point.

So she served 6 months for an unconstitutional crime for which she was not guilty. Meanwhile, chances are she's lost her job (assuming she had one), her apartment and if she had a car loan, her car, too.

And now she won't be able to get a job, won't be able to buy a car on a loan, won't be able to rent in a decent place if the land lord does a credit/background check.

And now she won't be able to get a job, won't be able to buy a car on a loan, won't be able to rent in a decent place if the land lord does a credit/background check.
The CORI check available to landlords and lenders (if any is available at all) is a low level on that does not include non-conviction dispositions.

This was clipped from a previous article from when the incident first happened. Has anyone seen these? I've gone up and down 95/93/Rt3 and never recall a Sign? Maybe I just don't pay attention to them.

"The judge pointed to the "enormous signs" that appear on highways at the New Hampshire-Massachusetts border warning about the state's gun laws, saying it's impossible for Papatola to have missed those."

Just another example that even when the right decision happens to be made, it's not because of 'justice'. You won't find that in our kangaroo courts where judges get to make arbitrary rulings based on assumptions derived from factually inaccurate information.

More details here: https://www.mass.gov/service-details/levels-of-name-based-criminal-record-check-access

Short form:

- If you run a business and are using CORI to protect your operation, there are limits to protect the rights of not only those not convicted, but of those convicted more than a certain number of years ago.

- If an LE agency is using CORI against you, there are not limits as to the data available.

That's because LE does NOT run a CORI, but gets "source" info from running a BOP and III.

This was clipped from a previous article from when the incident first happened. Has anyone seen these? I've gone up and down 95/93/Rt3 and never recall a Sign? Maybe I just don't pay attention to them.
That's because LE does NOT run a CORI, but gets "source" info from running a BOP and III.
CJIS stated during my MIRCS class that the CORI an FFL uses to screen job applicants is the same access as police depts have. Whether true or complete statement I could not say.

I can say that individual police depts also have "in house" databases with their own info on encounters they have had with individuals.

News to me...the only signs I can recall are for cellphone use and CT has signs for out-of-state firewood.

We need new signs on the boarder.

[ Entering Massachusetts ]
[ Your rights end here ]

So true. Lady does not deserve this and it is sickening. But....you gotta know the laws no matter how terrible they are.

I remember reading a state ranking for guns and laws and they knocked off a point from NH because it borders Massachusetts.

CJIS stated during my MIRCS class that the CORI an FFL uses to screen job applicants is the same access as police depts have. Whether true or complete statement I could not say.

I can say that individual police depts also have "in house" databases with their own info on encounters they have had with individuals.

Regardless of what Jody tells FFLs, she's not a cop and never ran PD computers for BOP checks. Michaela even told me that my prior renewal wasn't possible (timing wise) thru her system. My PD ran a standard BOP and III on me in order to issue my LTC within 9 days of my interview (this was 7 yrs ago). PDs run BOPs all the time when they stop you for MV infractions, etc. it is what they are most familiar with and thus what they will use whether or not FRB approves.

Regardless of what Jody tells FFLs, she's not a cop and never ran PD computers for BOP checks. Michaela even told me that my prior renewal wasn't possible (timing wise) thru her system. My PD ran a standard BOP and III on me in order to issue my LTC within 9 days of my interview (this was 7 yrs ago). PDs run BOPs all the time when they stop you for MV infractions, etc. it is what they are most familiar with and thus what they will use whether or not FRB approves.
It was Zoren, but yes. How or when LE uses the CORI might not be what CJIS thinks. I was speaking to the detail on the report.

When you're stopped for a busted taillight, they will see if your licence and reg are active, if you have any warrants and a guess at your nature based on their own db (including whether you have an ltc). That's based on listening to the local scanner, not on conversations or interviews with the PD. How they check for warrants I have no idea, but it appears to be a state system.

If you're renewing an LTC or they for some reason need detail on your history, they CAN pull a far more detailed CORI than a typical employer gets.

Unreal.

How did the court officer KNOW she was a NH resident?? Did he ask? Check her ID? I've been to court plenty of times. Seen people check weapons. Never did mine, but never got asked for ID either.

Glad she was found NG. Bad that she was tied up for 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom