N.H. woman found with gun at Massachusetts courthouse held without bail

The gun was discovered when Ashley Papatola, 29, of Londonderry, N.H., put her purse on the conveyor belt of an X-ray machine in the lobby of the Ruane Judicial Center on Federal Street in Salem. When the associate court officer looked at the screen, he immediately noticed a dark shape resembling a handgun, he told police. The court officer had Papatola sit in a chair near the security station and wait while police were called to the courthouse. After opening the bag and confirming that there was a gun in a hidden, zipped compartment, Papatola was arrested. Papatola had a license to carry firearms issued by the Salem, New Hampshire, police department, but that has now been suspended pending an investigation, police said. The license would not have allowed Papatola to carry her gun in Massachusetts, however, leading to the current charges. Scott Gleason represented Papatola during her arraignment on Tuesday in Salem District Court, where she pleaded not guilty to charges of carrying the handgun and ammunition without a license. Prosecutor Erin Bellavia filed a motion seeking to have Papatola held without bail as a danger to the public.
http://www.salemnews.com/news/local_news/woman-found-with-gun-at-courthouse-held-without-bail/article_d4d04067-82c4-55a9-b419-9ad298ebadf8.html

Something like this makes me sick to my stomach ! what so hard about it?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Is there a victim other the the Woman? Is there any property damage. NO.

Last edited:
I knew some Papatolas when I lived in Derry back in 80s...very very nice people. Most likely related. The guy Jimmy was a consummate hunter and his wife was as good a cook as he was a hunter.

what were her intentions carrying into a mass courthouse w/o declaring ccw?

i'll wait for the whole story to comment

hmmmm we have 2 people . one a heroin dealer . probably both junkies . she is anyway . she's been to court 5 times for his charges and on the last day that she can hand him a firearm before he gets put away , she forgets it's in her purse . sorry but i don't think that she's our poster child for national reciprocity . my opinion .

It is routine for the prosecution to ask for a dangerousness finding to inflict as much pre-trial pain as possible on the defendant. It increases the pressure to cop a plea.

when i come down to mass, i make sure i always take my wife's car. too much chance of my truck having stuff left over from my last trip to the range. i also instinctively put my g43 in my pocket when i get dressed. i find myself carrying 2 pistols sometimes when i carry IWB on the weekends.

Isn't the point of metal detectors to prevent firearms in the courthouse? Why didn't they just keep it in a lockbox until she exited? I don't understand the reason to call police and arrest.

The one-year mandatory minimum jail sentence is about to ruin another life.

I don't think anyone has ever served this one year mandatory minimum? Charge is always dropped from what I hear. Been on the books since circa.1976 and no one have ever served this mandatory year.

yet one more reason to have nation wide carry , enough of this bullshit traveling between states.

National reciprocity will not allow people to carry a gun into a MA court.

hmmmm we have 2 people . one a heroin dealer . probably both junkies . she is anyway . she's been to court 5 times for his charges and on the last day that she can hand him a firearm before he gets put away , she forgets it's in her purse . sorry but i don't think that she's our poster child for national reciprocity . my opinion .

This.

Isn't the point of metal detectors to prevent firearms in the courthouse? Why didn't they just keep it in a lockbox until she exited? I don't understand the reason to call police and arrest.
None of her charges are courthouse specific - they all deal with carrying and possession in MA wo/LTC. MA courthouses (state, not federal) will store declared firearms if an LTC is shown.

Something like this makes me sick to my stomach ! what so hard about it?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Is there a victim other the the Woman? Is there any property damage. NO.
The Kommonwealth is the victim dont you know? The Kommonwealth is also a giant pink pussy cat hat wearing vajay-jay.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

This is BS. Held without bail. I arrested a guy on gun charges who had a prior record, he was out on $500 bail. Due to lucky timing for him when the court clerk showed up he was even released on bail before we finished the damn report..... But this lady needs to be held without bail...

Oh no! Not a gun! How many children died?

fake new!? Ive sat in jail for a shooting and released on my own recognasince.... in some states justice is swift and around the clock... even give your guns back A few days later... stored and cared for like they matter........IMO this women is a political prisoner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom