N.H. Bomb squad called to city bar afetr Hells Angels clash

MANCHESTER – A confrontation involving what appeared to be members of the Hells Angels motorcycle club at a South Willow Street restaurant Sunday night ended with the state police bomb squad being called to the scene.
101018pipebomb_300px (MARK BOLTON)

State Police personnel unloads equipment from a car in the parking lot at Cactus Jack's in Manchester Sunday night. (MARK BOLTON)

Members of the city and state police departments arrived at Cactus Jack's , 782 South Willow St., about 9:30 p.m., responding to a possible confrontation and a report of a man with a gun in the parking lot.

While investigating, police found two loaded guns in a white car in the lot and what they initially believed was a pipe bomb. Members of the State Police Explosives Disposal Unit, who were called to the scene, later determined the device was a replica and not a live incendiary device.

READ MORE

So, I may not be reading this thoroughly enough but is this the jist? "An alleged altercation which is not explained or described in any way but no weapons were used, a bomb which isn't a bomb, and a drunk guy." Just making sure I read this right.

Summary: "Some guys might have had a confrontation."

Hey, at least they were smart enough to figure out the bomb wasn't real, instead of blowing it up anyway.

Maybe it was one of these?

Given the history of the Angels and their fondness for pipe bombs, I don't blame the cops for playing it safe and calling in the bomb squad.

Back
Top Bottom