My wife is on to me....

This is great. Funny thing is, I've used almost all of these at one point.

Funny story. A friend of mine was confronted by his wife, CRYING HYSTERICALLY. She had found some cash in his car.

She had found a credit card she didn't know about that only had an electronic statement. (no bill to tip her off)

She was balling her eyes out because she was convinced he was having an affair.

When he told her he had just been hoarding ammo, AR15s and reloading supplies, . . . well. She was happy he wasn't cheating. Then she made him regret his honesty.

I was on the Net Zero plan also. She doesn't really know how man I have so its not hard to get around.

Problem is that the safe is getting full. How do I explain that??
All I can come up with is that I've sold handguns and replaced them with larger rifles.

It's been so long since I had to justify a purchase to anyone but myself,I forgot how much it absolutely sucked to have my balls in a jar.

Then the real kicker is when you brag about a purchase to your friends and how you got it by the wife unit.

The whole thing reminded me of when I was a little kid having to sneak around my Mom.

Women have men tricked so bad,that they think this sort of behavior is normal.

It's been so long since I had to justify a purchase to anyone but myself,I forgot how much it absolutely sucked to have my balls in a jar.

Then the real kicker is when you brag about a purchase to your friends and how you got it by the wife unit.

The whole thing reminded me of when I was a little kid having to sneak around my Mom.

Women have men tricked so bad,that they think this sort of behavior is normal.

Huh- men do the same thing to women- it's just a recent cultural trend to have a society of emasculated men. Try all the hundreds of years of women=property. And there's a lot of men that do the money/power trip still, and a lot of women that go and buy into it [rolleyes]

Yeah it's messed up I agree with you- I think the biggest thing is men want to avoid an argument at all costs and it makes them do weaselly things. Society encourages the whole husband/father-as-idiot image. They need to get a grip and be honest, and work out these things openly.

I'm a big believer in having separate accounts. If there's only one breadwinner then there STILL needs to be separate accounts and the non-breadwinner needs to get some kind of income of their own going just for their toys, even if it's a small amount.

Thats when you come home to this.
5574_549633298742_44103170_32693152.jpg

[rofl][laugh2]

Last edited:
- "Oh, that? I ordered it months ago and it finally arrived"
- "Poor guy lost his Job/LTC had to dump his entire collection in a hurry"

Can say I've used those, with success... Or, just fall back and tell her her hair looks good today (sly grin, step back, step back, turn, walk, don't look back).

just tell her you traded another one for it. and dont let her catch you with the safe open, then she will really know how many you actually have. when ever im downstairs cleaning /fondling and my gf is around i make sure the safe is locked that way she cant take a count..lol ..its always better to have them guessing once they know an exact number your screwed.

Buy another safe, that she won't know about, when you say you traded it, take old one out, put new one in. Take old one down to basement or garage, or where ever she won't go, and put in new safe, and stow it away.

Pay with only cash, never credit or debit. She see's a $1500.00 charge on your statment and it ain't attached to a set of plane tickets to the Carribean, you are going to be very "fustrated" for a very loooong time. If you think government control is bad, wait till the wifey shuts you off. Plus the wifey will take away your first amendment too! She will just tell you to shut up, all the time.It will be like, living with a mean, ruthless, evil, angry man hating, anti gunner, basicaly living with Hillary or Nancy.

Just kidding, always be honest with her. Just if she complains about it, next time your cleaning your guns, use her tupperware that she has been collecting, you know the stuff she has " just in case", I hear they are great for small parts, guide rods, cleaning brass, springs, trigger groups. [smile]

O.k. I'm going to go back on my high & mighty words and say that you can't beat a big fabric stash for hiding stuff from your spouse [wink] That's where I have an advantage with all my mad girly craft-skillz goin' on [wink]

For me, spending money on guns is not the hardest thing to do- my wife understands they retain value and could be resold if times got really tough. I've been a bit of a "survivalist" since she's known me- THOSE are the purchases that I get grief for, like "Why on earth did you buy 75 lbs of honey in a big bucket????" or "Do you REALLY think tampons are going to be the new currency when the economy crashes???" (yes dear, yes I do!) [smile]

Say what you will but my wife and I talk about our major purchases, if I want a new gun, we look at our accounts, maybe I have a way of making an extra few bucks to support the purchase and as long as it's not going to break us she's ok with it.

When my husband and I were discussing if we needed to buy another open gun (a good price, but still really expensive), I was the voice of reason and told him we'd sleep on it. He got up early in the morning and asked me if he could by it while I was still sleeping. I have a vague recollection of saying...hhhuuuuhhhh?... mmmm... hhuuhh which he took to mean yes. He put in the offer, and we got a new gun!

You'll look good because you asked. She just needs to be a deep sleeper.

LMAO [laugh2][rofl] let me ask Mr. SuperMoto how many times he's had to practise this one before perfection![smile]

My wife is very accommodating (it's harder for me to work myself up to spend money on a major purchase than it is to get her permission - I'm like one of those shopaholic persons in reverse). She does have one rule - no single gun (not counting scope and accessories) can cost any more than her most expensive piece of jewelery - but I can buy as many as I want, and I don't need to buy an offsetting piece of jewelery for each gun - one of the rings has to be the most expensive item we own other than car or house. The limit did get upped when we had her engagement ring reset.

Start feeding her stories about the crappy economy and how investments have all gone down the tubes. Then show her how the guns you bought a few years ago were were X - and how they are now worth X+Y.

That's been working pretty good for me lately.

Start feeding her stories about the crappy economy and how investments have all gone down the tubes. Then show her how the guns you bought a few years ago were were X - and how they are now worth X+Y.

That's been working pretty good for me lately.

Thats exactly what I do....works great!

I used all the excuses:

"I had to buy it because its worth twice as much as what they were selling it for."

"I had to buy it because its so rare to find one of these around here."

"This is the last one like this that I'll buy. Now my collection of ____s is complete."

etc.

Then of course collecting SKS types is easy because some really do look all alike. Its the long brown boxes that show up via UPS that signify a new purchase. Lately those have been filled with AR uppers and parts.

These days I just say F' it and say "I work hard all week, I put food on the table, and pay bills. If I want to buy a new gun or accessories for a new gun... I'm buying it"

My wife is good to me as long as all bills are paid when a gun comes in the mail she say your broom is here. I don't drink or smoke I work hard. plus when I work on my guns she knows I will not bug he. I try to show her a new gun she says they all look the same to her I have a son who some my take up the hobby

My handgun collection is still small enough that my wife is supportive of new purchases (we got our LTCs together).

I'm sure my time will come, though, so I'm bookmarking this thread.

I told the girlfriend about this thread.

Her comment?

She says many of you need to man up and grow a pair.

So y'all know, I don't have to ask. Neither does she.

I might have to go back and buy another for her, but, that's the worst of it.

"I got you one too, see?"

Ladies & gentlemen, we have a winner. [smile]

Seriously though, it amazes me how many men feel they need to be afraid of repercussions or hide stuff from their women. [rolleyes]

If you're not allowed to do what you want, & she's not happy with your purchases, tell her it was on sale.

Example: "You know honey, it was on sale & it's a great deal. It's as if Coach was having a big sale, & you could get a handbag for $200 instead of $500.

Last edited:
I also like to think of it this way. If any of you guys are still having trouble justifying your new firearms purchases... you clearly need some work on your bedroom technique![laugh]

Back
Top Bottom