My wife is on to me....

Ladies & gentlemen, we have a winner. [smile]

Seriously though, it amazes me how many men feel they need to be afraid of repercussions or hide stuff from their women. [rolleyes]

If you're not allowed to do what you want, & she's not happy with your purchases, tell her it was on sale.

Example: "You know honey, it was on sale & it's a great deal. It's as if Coach was having a big sale, & you could get a handbag for $200 instead of $500.

I don't. She knows it's for her defense. My biggest thing is trying to get her to defend herself. She's coming around though. [grin]

"You can always buy a new [fill in the blank]. The way things are going, you might never be able to buy another [fill in the blank].

It's been working for me.

I told the girlfriend about this thread.

Her comment?

She says many of you need to man up and grow a pair.

So y'all know, I don't have to ask. Neither does she.

I might have to go back and buy another for her, but, that's the worst of it.

My thoughts exactly. I feel sorry for ANYONE who has to justify to a spouse about what they are buying.
The worst for Glenn is I want it and he gets visitation rights.[laugh] It's happened a few times.[grin]

Sure, women work off of guilt, so here is what I say. “I work hard every day providing for us and our future, I have a passion for firearms but frankly your attitude really takes the joy out of it, I the situation was reversed I would be happy that you have found something that makes you happy”. I never got a foul look or word after that.

Hubby and I have always supported each others hobbies. Most of my hobbies I can bring with me.
I can't understand not supporting the others hobbies.[thinking] I have never been normal either.[laugh]

Not sure why you need to explain yourself for purchasing...but the above is what I've been doing for years.

My wife thinks every gun I have, I bought before we got married. "This old thing" is the usual statement I make, if she even bother's to ask anymore.

Luckily tracing the serial numbers of my 3 Gen glocks is not her hobby...or she'd find out they are way newer than our marraige....

I tend to think long and hard and do a lot of reading before buying guns. Mostly because I pretty much have everything I really want, so I'm never in a rush. Believe me, I had my days 10 or so years ago when I would impulsively come home with a $700 Sig or $800 cherry M-1 Garand, and quickly try to cover the money trail. These days though, I really only buy 1-2 guns a year. So in the grand scheme of things, it's not a lot of money and I just simply mention to her that there is a gun I'm thinking of looking around for that I've been researching. She'll usually say something like, "Well, next time we're at the store, maybe they'll have one for you to check out." A short time later after I've found one in a store or in the classifieds here, I'll mention it and usually there's not so much as a crossed eyeball from her.

There are certain times it definitely is better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. However, you can only go to that well so many times.

I just sneak new acquisitions in the safe quietly, don't ask, don't tell.

The day I wheeled in a 2nd large safe was tough to explain though. (even when I got the safe for free).

I've been married a long time and learned how to buy what ever I want with no problems.

If you want a new gun start talking about getting a new truck. If you want to get a new truck start talking about getting a new house.

Works every time.

Back
Top Bottom