• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My wait begins...

I am in the process of getting my LTC. Apperently the soonest appointment available for my application is in april. I do admit that i thought the process would be a little faster.

So it is looking like the soonest i will be carrying is june, right? I guess it will give me a chance to do more homework on my 9mm (glock43 or m&p shield) and save up money to get a proper locking device or lock box.

Fortunately anticipation will make the LTC all the sweeter! In this state the process takes a ridiculous amount of time, in fact it is pretty clearly unconstitutionally slow. Hopefully you are in a green town :)

I am in the process of getting my LTC. Apperently the soonest appointment available for my application is in april. I do admit that i thought the process would be a little faster.

So it is looking like the soonest i will be carrying is june, right? I guess it will give me a chance to do more homework on my 9mm (glock43 or m&p shield) and save up money to get a proper locking device or lock box.

City or Town?

To throw my 2c in: grab a sw shield

To be fair I've never shot the Glock, but I'd rather use the difference in price between the two for extra mags, trigger job, holster and ammo. Of that the only thing I don't feel good about is the trigger job. I'm sure someone will come along soon and recommend the g43. Both good choices.

yeah be patient, it took me a little over 3 months to get mine , but once you get it you will be one happy camper.
I also 2nd the Shield, I can't believe how much I like mine.

Good luck finding a Glock. Shield's are great, just make sure the one you buy has a smooth trigger. Early models have a very gritty pull and require a trigger job.

Get a glock 19 homie easy to conceal great target gun 15+1 fantastic all around gun congrats on the ltc too

April, WTF...WOW

Sometimes it can be a long waiting process. I had to wait months to get an appointment with the police department. And finally took an email to the Selectmen in town who know me because of my service on a Town Committee. Some towns make you wait longer than others. Rehoboth had people waiting over a year. Finally they were sued in federal court and lost. It all depends on the police department in your town. Some can handle the applications and others cannot. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long. In regards to a firearm allow me to give my two cents worth. If you looking for something to carry regularly you're better off with a smaller frame pistol. I personally carry a shield 9 millimeter and I absolutely love it. I can carry it in my pocket or in a holster. Glock 43 is great but it's really not any better than a Smith and Wesson shield so you might as well spend half the price and use the extra money upgrade the trigger and get a nice holster for it. That's just my opinion. Take it for it's worth.

Last edited:
Good luck finding a Glock. Shield's are great, just make sure the one you buy has a smooth trigger. Early models have a very gritty pull and require a trigger job.

Bought my Shield 9 in October with the MA compliant 10.5lb trigger pull. Just installed the Apex kit 2 weeks ago. Pulling now at 5.8lbs. Like a new firearm. For once, when I shoot it, I am not thinking about the trigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Now is the time to stock up on targets, stapler, a range bag, eye & ear protection, mag loader, cleaning supplies, secure storage, etc.

Welcome to the board.

And knowledge... read...ALOT - about safety and training. Worthy of your time.

- - - Updated - - -

I only waited 3 weeks to get a local PD appt....but another 6 weeks before LTC came in.

April? That's absolute bullshit. Is this how they are skirting the "40 days" law? Making you wait months and months before you can even apply? Unbelievable...

Wow, this sate is so different from town to town.

I just had my appointment on the 14th after a 2 week waiting period.
I hoping to have something by March. Hopefully unrestricted.

Good luck

I am in Lynn. And the police department said it was the soonest appointment available.

I did get a chance to find a proper safe/lock box at BJ's wholesale club. I do not remember what brand it was though. It key and electronic combination lock.

Last edited:
april the earliest appointment to get in and SUBMIT your application??? thats absolute bullshit. even if they did only one person a day(which would also be bs), that'd be 90 plus people ahead of you waiting, highly unlikely, possible as they issued 493 new licenses in Lynn in 2015 according to Comm2a's licensing numbers stats page, but seriously, APRIL! my god man, the way these people trample all over your rights, and get away with it.

good luck, but wow, such BS

Well at least it's Lynn, you'll get unrestricted unless you have a skeleton in your closet.
Ex. Restraining order over ten days, which makes you a PP.

tic toc, tic toc, tic toc.......there's only 86,400 of those in a day, take up knitting while you wait.

Well at least it's Lynn, you'll get unrestricted unless you have a skeleton in your closet.
Ex. Restraining order over ten days, which makes you a PP.
WTH does a restraining order over 10 days have to do with anything? You're a prohibited person if you have an active restraining order against you. 10 days has nothing to do with it.

Anyone think it would be possible to call the police station to politely ask if there are any sooner appointments available?

The wait is starting to bother me. I wouldnt be able to buy a firearm right away but i want my ltc. And i am dieing to get to the range... It has been too long

April? That's absolute bullshit. Is this how they are skirting the "40 days" law? Making you wait months and months before you can even apply? Unbelievable...

that doesn't make sense, you apply, then get the call for an interview date, that's how it worked for me. And in my town it took like a day to get the interview, and a week or two after that to get the LTC.

Back
Top Bottom