• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My wait begins...

that doesn't make sense, you apply, then get the call for an interview date, that's how it worked for me. And in my town it took like a day to get the interview, and a week or two after that to get the LTC.

You are lucky to live in such a town. My town is backed up months for an appointment for application. Then its another 2-3 for delivery of license. Not sure if designed that way to split the difference

I agree this is bullshit but if you aren't intending on buying a gun anytime soon, why waste your time calling?

You don't need an LTC to go to the range, just go to Bobs in Salisbury or go up to NH.

Also, I have a Glock 43 and a 19, wouldn't trade either for anything. The issue you would have, would be finding a G43 to purchase.

Lynn's waiting time is absurd. In Quincy I called and told them I wanted to drop my application off and when is the best time. Went in a day or two later and had an appointment, short and sweet. 40 days exact and I received a phone call my license was in. I remember picking it up vividly, there were two others at the police station there to pick their licenses up as well. A bunch of kids in the candy store it felt like.

Please contact Comm2A ([email protected]) with full details, and if you would be willing to be a plaintiff in a federal case against the town.

Rob,

Has this been tried before?

Document the inability of the town to comply with the law and send this documentation along with the LTC application to the State Police seeing they can also administer the issuance of licenses?

At a minimum it documents that you have tried all paths available under the law and could only help a later argument in court.

Lynn's waiting time is absurd. In Quincy I called and told them I wanted to drop my application off and when is the best time. Went in a day or two later and had an appointment, short and sweet. 40 days exact and I received a phone call my license was in. I remember picking it up vividly, there were two others at the police station there to pick their licenses up as well. A bunch of kids in the candy store it felt like.

My friend got his LTC very quick in Quincy also.

If only other in towns in Mass had a quick turnaround.

Rather than reading up on the guns you may want to purchase, find someone who has them or a place that rents them and try each. All the reading in the world is not going to tell you how the gun will fit your hand. What may be a great gun for me might be not so great for you.

Back
Top Bottom