• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

my very anti gun school left a 1 point extra credit assignment....

That assignment is an obvious equivalent of an "out yourself" thread where he's looking for anyone who's his idea of overly religious or pro gun. It's an obvious trap. Ignore him, his childish idiocy, it isn't worth your time.

I'm firmly in the "tell him what he wants to hear and move on" camp. He doesn't need to know you own guns, like guns, shoot guns, whatever. Honestly, do the Santa one and give it a liberal spin. It will be far more palatable to you than trying to think like a liberal on the gun issue.

In this ****ing state writing about guns is probably enough to get you tossed in the can for issuing terroristic threats.

How does the prof feel about plagiarism?

Here's a Christmas and gun related anecdote you can relate to him (change uncle to grandfather for 1 extra credit point)

Last edited by a moderator:
All that writing for 1 lousy point? Screw that.

^this.

If the points were worth the time to write 2 pages, I'd probably just make a short but sweet argument for why guns are fine and liberals are the real threat to our country.

I've never been the type to walk on egg shells around people with stupid opinions. I used to regularly get into arguments, heated at times, with my liberal twat philosophy professor in college but I still got an A in his classes.

Your Grandfather whilst wearing a Santa Clause suit forced you to have sex with your Grandma at gunpoint.

Or you could write about how Santa Claise in his off time informs us hunters which animals are guilty of crimes against nature. That way we only shoot the bad animals...

Last edited:
How did you or did you find out about his non existence? What was your reaction? How did you relate to those who didn’t have SC as part of their tradition? Or did you know anyone who didn’t believe in SC?

Dude.... spoilers

I would explain how the term "Gun Violence" is nothing but a propaganda term designed to divert attention from Violent Crime which gun control has no effect on and in some cases causes increases as criminals fear armed victims (FBI UCR bears this out)

If we ban Toyota Priuses (or insert any other object) or severely limit the use of Toyota Priuses, there most certainly will be less Prius accidents. Then we can say that our Prius control policies are making us safer WITHOUT having to talk about whether or not overall car accidents are up or down!! Are we safer from Priuses? Maybe? Assuming all of the renegade enviro-commies follow the law. But are we actually safer from traffic accidents without Priuses on the road?

Last edited:
This ought to cover everything...
forwhothesleighbelltollsad.jpg

Or go the Anti Santa route with our favorite merry maker..Krampus.
377px-Gruss_vom_Krampus.jpg

Write a detailed essay on how santa claus is a dirty communist for the main part and for extra credit print out a full page picture of you pointing an AR at the camera with a little note at the bottom telling the professor to go **** himself.

[video=youtube_share;kxuBhemD3nk]http://youtu.be/kxuBhemD3nk[/video]

Yeah go ahead and give up on that STEM major, it's not worth it to peruse a career you want!
man this echo chamber is loud today.

trades people think only the trades are worth pursuing. My cousin is a plumber doing very well. Always touting the trades and shitting on college people (jokingly but he means it). He doesn't see the irony in it when he's plumbing some hedge fund guy's mansion (he regularly posts pics of these "holy shit" houses he's working in.

Sorry, but an education is still very much worth it and people with college degrees still massively out earn people without them over the long run. The key is simply not to major is total nonsense. Pursuing a trade is also a fantastic way to make a living. I see no need for friction between the two camps.

My Grandfather was Santa Clause - after he came back from WWII his hair was white. He would work out in his wood shed all year and make toys for all his grand kids. Grammy said it was therapy and made him happy. When we were old enough, he stopped making wooden block toys and gave us Red Ryder BB guns and taught us how to responsibly use and care for them. He also did the same with his wood working tools which when used wrong will take a life, a finger or an arm. Turns out that if you understand how a tool works and use it and care for it properly there will never be a life, or an arm or a digit taken from its use.

If I had to pick one gift he gave me - the best gift - it would be "responsibility". Thank you Santa, I miss you.

Your Grandpa was all that was once right with America...now I miss him too!!!

Make sure you caption the NRA's web page that highlight how a good guy/gal with a gun stopped a crime, rape, murder, etc'. Specifically target how if that person wasn't armed an unarmed Liberal would have been hurt or killed because they thought they were in a "safe zone"!

If it's worth the time to do it then be honest.
If he has a problem with it , it's his issue to work out.
You won't go too far wrong in life being happy with who you are.

Sounds like a fishing expedition to me. If you don't need the one point to pass the class I say ignore the question and move on.

Seriously, for one point this has nothing to do with the actual test. This professor is just trying to push peoples buttons on a couple of hotly debated issues guns and Christianity just to provoke people.

I wouldn't talk guns unless you're graduating in January. A semester is a long time on a campus watch list...especially if you're carrying any means of self defense (knife, pepper spray, sharp stick, rock etc...) they could jack you up for.

Okay, I'll bite. Can someone fill me in on this "campus watch list" or "blacklist?" I went two three different colleges, two here in ultra-lib eastern MA. Dealt, while there, with many snowflakes in an ultra-lib field of study. I was NEVER shy about expressing all my positions, whether conservative, libertarian, or (very occasionally) liberal, mostly about 1a.

Did my comments foster heated discussion? Sometimes. Did professors disagree with me? Often. Did they still grade my work fairly? Yup. As far as I know. It was well-written and closely argued, and supported by numerous sources; I gave them few reasons to downgrade me.

But a blacklist? Wha? What does that even mean?

Okay, I'll bite. Can someone fill me in on this "campus watch list" or "blacklist?" I went two three different colleges, two here in ultra-lib eastern MA. Dealt, while there, with many snowflakes in an ultra-lib field of study. I was NEVER shy about expressing all my positions, whether conservative, libertarian, or (very occasionally) liberal, mostly about 1a.

Did my comments foster heated discussion? Sometimes. Did professors disagree with me? Often. Did they still grade my work fairly? Yup. As far as I know. It was well-written and closely argued, and supported by numerous sources; I gave them few reasons to downgrade me.

But a blacklist? Wha? What does that even mean?

Is this what you're referring to?

http://www.professorwatchlist.org/

There are some crazy Lefty professors teaching your kids. This website has a few of them.

Back
Top Bottom