• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

my very anti gun school left a 1 point extra credit assignment....

Is this what you're referring to?

http://www.professorwatchlist.org/

There are some crazy Lefty professors teaching your kids. This website has a few of them.

No.

That link is to a biased list of professors perceived, on no real evidence I can see, as somehow too lefty to be trusted, despite the fact that a quick look at their full list shows me that quite a few of them are administrators, and have no teaching duties at all.

Three responses to this thread have implied that an honest response to the prompt would get the OP placed on some sort of blacklist at her school. I'm curious about how that would work, and how anyone would substantiate it.

Tell him to **** off, then quit school and find something productive to do.
I love hearing things like this.

Learn a trade so you can use tools designed and developed by engineers and scientists to install equipment, designed and developed by engineers and scientists, but only a tradesman is qualified to do so because they know how to install to meet the code and specifications written by engineers and scientists.

See the pattern developing?

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

No.

That link is to a biased list of professors perceived, on no real evidence I can see, as somehow too lefty to be trusted, despite the fact that a quick look at their full list shows me that quite a few of them are administrators, and have no teaching duties at all.

Three responses to this thread have implied that an honest response to the prompt would get the OP placed on some sort of blacklist at her school. I'm curious about how that would work, and how anyone would substantiate it.
I only had one professor that publicly shamed students for any opposing viewpoint. Unfortunately that was the only class that fit my schedule. As an older student I knew it wasn't worth it to stand my ground so i simply turned in what the professor wanted.

Had other professors that welcomed reasoned debate and gave me a better understanding of my own positions by being forced to defend my assertions.

Every instructor offers an opportunity to learn even the ones that only allow one side of the issue to be presented.

DO THIS.

NOT THIS.

If you put your honest opinion, you will be blacklisted.

I had a class at UMass back in the 90's. The professor in the class was ultra-liberal. I wrote what I thought he wanted to hear. Got an A. My friend, who is smarter than me and beat or equalled me on every class, got a B. He spoke from the heart. I didn't. His papers were good too.
It was a business class, can't remember the name, not ethics, but close. alot of BS about fairness. I'd say the guy may have been a commie.

Wait, so caving and sucking up is the right thing to do ? By playing the game, you got an A, your buddy didnt and he got a B. So what????

Wait, so caving and sucking up is the right thing to do ? By playing the game, you got an A, your buddy didnt and he got a B. So what????

Well, see, you missed the main point. The guy with the B got BLACKLISTED, bro!

Still waiting to hear what that means, though. I'm not holding my breath; I know how education threads go here.

I love hearing things like this.

Learn a trade so you can use tools designed and developed by engineers and scientists to install equipment, designed and developed by engineers and scientists, but only a tradesman is qualified to do so because they know how to install to meet the code and specifications written by engineers and scientists.

See the pattern developing?

As an engineer, I emphatically suggest that you replace "engineers and scientists" with "engineers and scientists with common sense".

There's desk engineers and then there's good engineers. It's the good engineers that do all that stuff. The others just draft, break stuff, or go into management.

Last edited:
Tell him whatever you think will guarantee the extra credit point. Keep it as short as possible and resist the urge to be honest and let him know how you really feel about guns and shooting. Best to keep a low profile and fly under the radar. It's all about the +1 point. Every point counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an engineer, I emphatically suggest that you replace "engineers and scientists" with "engineers and scientists with common sense".

There's desk engineers and then there's good engineers. It's the good engineers that do all that stuff. The others just draft, break stuff, or go into management.

Agree - only common sense is all that common. I would say it's those with technical experience that separate good engineers from the guys with a degree and a PowerPoint license.

I love when the "Edgy" posters throw their digs in.

My apologies D. I have actually offered the OP very constructive feedback in other threads, so I'll add mine here now.

You should play the game that the professor wants right now Queen Bee. Right now, your goal is to get your degree and get into the real world where you can make a difference. You gain nothing by 'fighting the good fight' in school, in my opinion. Not these days. The only real gain was mentioned earlier in the thread is the ability to sharpen your teeth by having to vigorously and effectively defending your position. That is something I would do on a case by case basis, based on your assessment of the professor.

Edgy posting re-engaged.

I never made through college, shit on me. If I did go to college, I probably wouldn't compromise my values for a dbag professor.

I'm going to go cut myself now.

I dunno, maybe I'm missing the point here. It seems like a lot of you would rather see the left win on campuses instead of having anyone challenge them for the minds of the youth. I'd personally would rather get "blacklisted" by a professor in a gen ed class, ESPECIALLY for a topic unrelated to my major, if I could reach the rest of the class on a point.
Or if you truly don't want to risk your grades, go start a club. It worked out well for me.

Sounds like a fishing expedition to me. If you don't need the one point to pass the class I say ignore the question and move on.

This. But if you decide to play the game, suggest that the professor do some John Lott reading.

Just do it the way you want to. F. The teacher, might turn out different than you think. I had this occur on 2 occassions and had better than awesome results each time.

First time, I had a Gen-Ed requirement class English professor assign a non-gun related about terrorist detainees at Guantanamo, teacher ended up giving me highest grade and talking to me after class suggesting I switch my major to Poli-Sci because my arguements were so strong and fact based --not a chance.

Second time it was in a core major class for computer science class, so very far out of the realm of requirements, were told to research gun violence stats (you will kill your relatives type of stuff, increased danger of owning a gun, etc) many liberal students mocked gun ownership and laughed at people who support 2A, said it was out dated (muskets only, etc), equated us to either dumb rednecks or murders. I raised my hand, stood for my beliefs and made it be known my stance and status as a gun owner, and they have all known me as a class mate for years. Surely you don't think that I am murder, do you? Everyone STFU, came in next day with massive stack of articles of DGU. Assignment was not spoken of at all and dropped. Had a guy in class come up to me and thank me for saying something, said he was a gun guy too but was too afraid to say anything.

Blacklisted? No. Bad grade on one paper, maybe? Probably not.

They want you to bow down to their talking points, they want you to sit there and play along. It's about power.
They are accountable for their grading and if you have the conviction to stand for yourself on this, they know you will push back if they give a bad grade because of political bias too. They won't even try.

Stand for something or fall for anything.

Last edited:
Just write what you want to say about the subject to the best of your ability and don't worry about it. If he screws with your grade, or harasses you then video tape it on your phone, send it to Tucker Carlson, get a lawyer and have your education fully paid for from the settlement.

Back
Top Bottom