my very anti gun school left a 1 point extra credit assignment....

well should be fun turning this essay into my social psych professor

which one should i pick.. lol

Santa Claus Narratives

Please discuss your experiences with Santa Claus. Your open-ended, personal thoughts and responses, including how do you think about it/him today and what do you anticipate in the future. 1-2 pages double-spaced for 1 extra credit point.

What are your open-ended thoughts about Santa Claus (SC)?

If SC was part of your family tradition, how was this handled? What were your thoughts and feelings before and after you found out? How did your family approach SC? Was SC used as a threat or reward or neither? How did you or did you find out about his non existence? What was your reaction? How did you relate to those who didn’t have SC as part of their tradition? Or did you know anyone who didn’t believe in SC? What do you think or what do you do with your children around this issue?

If SC wasn’t part of your tradition, what was your reaction when you encountered the idea of SC? What was your reaction to those who included SC as part of their tradition? What are your thoughts about social/media representations and use of SC? How was this handled in preschool, grade school and beyond? How did you react to this at school and elsewhere? What were your thoughts and feelings about this in the past and today? What was your response to media presenting and celebrating SC? How did you parents advise you around SC? What will you do with your own children around this issue?

If you came to this country after childhood, what is your reaction to this tradition around Santa Claus, what are your objective observations and thoughts as compared to other similar or different traditions? How will (or do) you handle this with your children or other children around SC?

Extra Credit 2: Gun Narratives
Content

Gun Narratives

Please discuss your experiences and associations with guns. Write about your open-ended, thoughts, emotions and responses to guns, including personal experiences with real guns, experiences with fictional guns in video games, and depictions of guns and gun violence on television and in the media. Highlight any formative experiences (positive or negative) associated with guns. 1-2 pages double-spaced for 1 extra credit point. Also, discuss how current culture as it relates to guns fits with or conflicts with your family, culture, or nation of origin.

anyone want to weigh in with some thoughtful ideas

Your Grandparents

Please discuss your experiences and associations with your grandparents: What they mean or have meant to you; the ways in which they have enhanced or failed to enhance your lives, what contributions they brought to your lives that were different from those of your parents. Describe your bonds or lack of bonds with them and what bound you together or failed to bind you. Discuss their significance in your family life. Discuss your attachment to them relative to others including your parents. Write about your open-ended, thoughts, emotions and responses to grandparents. 1-2 pages double-spaced for 1 extra credit point. Also, discuss how your experience with your grandparents fits with or conflicts with your family, culture, or nation of origin.

Tell him what he wants to hear, get the extra point, and move on. Once all is said and done you'll get a job that contributes to society, and he'll be a professor.

Essay:

Guns are good. Guns don't think for themselves. The 2nd Amendment is good. The Glock 19 is the ideal gun. Liberalism is bad.

+1000 extra credits.

Talk about guns, talk about the diverse range of kind loving people you have met at the range and in the firearms world.

Talk about your personal enjoyment shooting at the range. Talk about the misleading narrative of gun culture as defined by the main stream media.

Do it.

My Grandfather was Santa Clause - after he came back from WWII his hair was white. He would work out in his wood shed all year and make toys for all his grand kids. Grammy said it was therapy and made him happy. When we were old enough, he stopped making wooden block toys and gave us Red Ryder BB guns and taught us how to responsibly use and care for them. He also did the same with his wood working tools which when used wrong will take a life, a finger or an arm. Turns out that if you understand how a tool works and use it and care for it properly there will never be a life, or an arm or a digit taken from its use.

If I had to pick one gift he gave me - the best gift - it would be "responsibility". Thank you Santa, I miss you.

Santa Claus killed my Liberal Democrat grandparents with an assault weapon I grabbed my Glock 17 with 10 rounds fired10 times and missed all ten times but killed 4 of my neighbors cats in their second floor bedroom. Santa pulled out his heater it was Sig P226 with 15 rounds (because he's from the free state of Alaska) hit me center mass with all 15 rounds. I was wearing my illegal kevlar. Santa made a break up the chimney. This made me both sad and and happy. Sad because my grandparents were dead but happy that there were 4 less cats in the world.
The end.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Talk about guns, talk about the diverse range of kind loving people you have met at the range and in the firearms world.

Talk about your personal enjoyment shooting at the range. Talk about the misleading narrative of gun culture as defined by the main stream media.

Do it.

This.

Why wouldnt you simply be honest? If the professors going to be enough of a dick to downgrade an honest, well-thought-out response that fulfills the assignment, let that be his problem.

It's only extra, anyway.

Tell him what he wants to hear, get the extra point, and move on. Once all is said and done you'll get a job that contributes to society, and he'll be a professor.

DO THIS.

Do it.

NOT THIS.

If you put your honest opinion, you will be blacklisted.

I had a class at UMass back in the 90's. The professor in the class was ultra-liberal. I wrote what I thought he wanted to hear. Got an A. My friend, who is smarter than me and beat or equalled me on every class, got a B. He spoke from the heart. I didn't. His papers were good too.
It was a business class, can't remember the name, not ethics, but close. alot of BS about fairness. I'd say the guy may have been a commie.

"My fondest memory of sitting in Santas' lap"

1_CATERS_PHOTOGRAPH_WITH_SANTA_HOLDING_GUN_10-800x498.jpg

Write a detailed essay on how santa claus is a dirty communist for the main part and for extra credit print out a full page picture of you pointing an AR at the camera with a little note at the bottom telling the professor to go **** himself.

Santa Claus killed my Liberal Democrat grandparents with an assault weapon I grabbed my Glock 17 with 10 rounds fired10 times and missed all ten times but killed 4 of my neighbors cats in their second floor bedroom. Santa pulled out his heater it was Sig P226 with 15 rounds (because he's from the free state of Alaska) hit me center mass with all 15 rounds. I was wearing my illegal kevlar. Santa made a break up the chimney. This made me both sad and and happy. Sad because my grandparents were dead but happy that there were 4 less cats in the world.
The end.

Ok,ok. I'll be the doofus to ask the obvious question......did you type this from jail after the police incarcerated you for wearing your illegal kevlar vest???

Killed Santa,Killed Santa,Killed Santa with my Grandfathers Glock. Word.

Tell him Santa gave you a gun as a gift, you killed your Grandparents and xmas just hasn't been the same. Should get you 3 points or locked up!

Make up a fake story about a guy in a Santa suit trying to assault you that was thwarted by your Grandma with a 357. Finish with a story about how grandma taught you how to knit and the value of 357 hollow points.

Don't forget to add pictures of yourself in camo, chomping on a cigar with Rambo-esque war paint and the gnarliest gun you can get your hands on. Might as well look the part since that's what they are going to think about you afterwards.

My Grandfather was Santa Clause - after he came back from WWII his hair was white. He would work out in his wood shed all year and make toys for all his grand kids. Grammy said it was therapy and made him happy. When we were old enough, he stopped making wooden block toys and gave us Red Ryder BB guns and taught us how to responsibly use and care for them. He also did the same with his wood working tools which when used wrong will take a life, a finger or an arm. Turns out that if you understand how a tool works and use it and care for it properly there will never be a life, or an arm or a digit taken from its use.

If I had to pick one gift he gave me - the best gift - it would be "responsibility". Thank you Santa, I miss you.

[laugh2] frick'n awesome!!!!!!!

you need to EMBRACE your school's ONE-SIZE-FITS-ALL mental indoctrination program! This will be excellent training for when you have to suck up to some boss at work that you hate in order to get ahead, and you have to do so convincingly. Back in the day we called learning this business skill "Shucking and Jiving". You are getting a DOUBLE DOSE of Shucking and Jiving training for free!!!!

Just keep practicing, when your professor asks you "how is that report I asked for on how the Russians influenced the election for Trump, and how the electoral college should vote in Hillary instead?", you just say "Eye's workin' on it boss".

Last edited:

This. I'm sorry, but part of the transition to grownup life is learning that you need to tell some people what they want to hear.

Welcome to the machine.

All that writing for 1 lousy point? Screw that.

+1...ace the test and skip the extra point...is the professor going to read the extra credit in front of the class?...if not your 1 point answer isn't going to make it past him so your message won't reach anyone else and the professor's mind is already made up so what's the point...tests are like triage for points...you get the points you need to get the rest you guess on and you don't waste time on questions that aren't point heavy...after having to take an 8 hour test that consumed my life for a while you know not to waste time on the bs

Back
Top Bottom