My new long-range Dan Wesson hand cannon....

I dont have the luxury of a Dan Wesson (yet!), however similar to your experience, my 6" scoped 629 classic hunter always surprises me. I get more of a kick out of off hand shooting at 75 yds though. I can just about keep all 6 on a 12" gong consistently. The gun can far outshoot me, that's all I know. Sounds like you've got a serious rig there!

Nice!! A scoped 629 is one hell of a gun too. Very cool.

I didn’t even bother with offhand shooting because of the weight of the gun plus 8" steel at 120 yards is crazy small for offhand. I’d be lucky to hit it offhand with my 9mm CZ comp guns lol.

It's not as sexy as a DW, but I have a Nikon-scoped Ruger Super Redhawk 7.5" in .44 mag. We should have a shoot-off. [laugh]

This thread has gotten the gears turning. Now I need to start scouring the state of MA for my own DW in .44

I love my 629, but the ability to swap barrels and truly customize has my interest.

This thread has gotten the gears turning. Now I need to start scouring the state of MA for my own DW in .44

I love my 629, but the ability to swap barrels and truly customize has my interest
This is the very reason I sold my Ruger GP100 and Super Redhawk to get a DW 715 and 744.
Muzzle brakes, scopes, 15 inch barrels, just so many cool accessories for the Dans.

I bought both of my DW's online and had them transferred through a MA shop. No I won't mention the dealer....

Sweeeeet, OP finally delivered! Do any group work at 100 yards? What projectiles? I just got a bundle of 180, 200, and 240gr XTP's for stupid cheap.

Now I've got the urge to throw an optic on my Super Blackhawk .44 with the 7.5" barrel as well.

Sweeeeet, OP finally delivered! Do any group work at 100 yards? What projectiles? I just got a bundle of 180, 200, and 240gr XTP's for stupid cheap.

Now I've got the urge to throw an optic on my Super Blackhawk .44 with the 7.5" barrel as well.
I only took a few shots on paper at 100 just to see where it was hitting compared to 25 yards but didn’t take any photos. Decent groups, 2-3" if I remember.

I only shot my 240 gr loads. Some XTPs and some Speer SJHPs over H110/296 powder. They shot pretty much the same POI. I didn’t try any of my 180 gr or 300 gr loads as I don’t have many of them and the 180’s are just stupidly hot with lots of blast. I shoot 240’s the most.

You totally should throw a scope on your Blackhawk! It’s so much fun shooting a scoped pistol.

Andrew, I found another .44 for you on GB. It's gold plated and only costs $2100 for a buy now price.

pix184507766.jpg

Dan Wesson 44 Mag 2nd Amendment Commemorative AHF - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 795260789

Back
Top Bottom