My new long-range Dan Wesson hand cannon....

DW357

NES Member
Bob at Dan Wesson hit this thing out of the park! Had him make me a custom 10" 44 mag barrel assembly which included silhouette cuts, laser DW signature, along with drilling and tapping the shroud to accept the scope mount. Took less than 2 weeks from placing the order.

Took off work tomorrow to sight this bad boy in at 120 yards. Got a Bushnell 2-6 pistol scope on it. This will be my first time shooting a scoped pistol so I’m really excited.

Only thing I don’t like is how loose the barrel wobbles in the frame. Once the nut is snug, there’s no movement but I’ve never seen so much play on any DW barrels before. Will see how it shoots tomorrow

There’s also some surface rust on the scope mount but I’m going to have Steve at Northesst Arms cerakote it to match the rest of the gun.

Loving this thing. Hopefully it shoots as well as it looks!
BAEB95B1-4DF7-4F91-A0D3-49DF3AE893CA.jpeg ED931DDB-8EAE-440F-81CA-06D4EC0CCB5D.jpeg 5C150514-4C3E-4F0C-8EF2-666E538AF9F7.jpeg 9705E4E7-5354-438F-A560-447B5EFA1A74.jpeg

What ammo are you trying? Off the shelf UMC 180 gr always work pretty well for me. Awsome price through target sports too. Pmc 180s seem ok. I've been happy with Underwood for hunting and all around quality ammo, but its pricey. I'm a fan of 240gr and under mostly. Nice gun!

What ammo are you trying? Off the shelf UMC 180 gr always work pretty well for me. Awsome price through target sports too. Pmc 180s seem ok. I've been happy with Underwood for hunting and all around quality ammo, but its pricey. I'm a fan of 240gr and under mostly. Nice gun!
Going to run my 240 gr reloads. XTPs over H110/Win 296 powder. I have 180 gr XTPs too but those are loaded suuuper hot. Don’t need all of the muzzle blast for what im doing.

That is truly a thing of beauty... Can't wait for a range report.

Enjoy! Going to be a nice day for range time tomorrow, too.

Ya feelin' lucky, punk?

I've got the .357 Mag DW and with the big barrel it's a BEAST to hold. I can't imagine it equipped for .44 Mag. I think you have the wrong scope, though. That one's not for cannons.

Ya feelin' lucky, punk?

I've got the .357 Mag DW and with the big barrel it's a BEAST to hold. I can't imagine it equipped for .44 Mag. I think you have the wrong scope, though. That one's not for cannons.
Haha. Nice! I’ve got the 357 also and will have an even larger barrel on that than this if you can believe it. Hope to get that sometime in the spring. Eric at EWK Arms needs to get off his butt and start cranking out the long barrels.

It’s actually very easy to hold if you can believe it. I don’t know how much of that is due to the cuts in the shroud but it’s very manageable offhand.

Wow. That is a beast!

How long can you go with a revolver barrel before there is no more increase in accuracy?

Wow. That is a beast!

How long can you go with a revolver barrel before there is no more increase in accuracy?
Good question. That I don’t know. What I do know is that Dan Wesson made their barrels in 12 inch and 15 inch lengths. I will have a 15 inch 357 barrel assembly in the spring most likely. Stay tuned!

120 shouldn’t be a problem unless you’re shooting for small groups. Plates at 100 are fun with my 44s.

120 shouldn’t be a problem unless you’re shooting for small groups. Plates at 100 are fun with my 44s.
Yeah I just have an 8 inch plate that I like to shoot it so that shouldn’t be a problem. But I’ll definitely try it on paper as well

Gorgeous! I had a 2-6x on my SuperRedhawk, found getting a good picture difficult, swapped it for a Red Dot. I don't load, but I imagine I will have some fun working up loads when I do. Just shooting 240gr 44mag and giving noobs the special. I do like putting in a round or two of Buffalo Bore hardcast 340gr. Glad I put Hogue grips on...

Gorgeous! I had a 2-6x on my SuperRedhawk, found getting a good picture difficult, swapped it for a Red Dot. I don't load, but I imagine I will have some fun working up loads when I do. Just shooting 240gr 44mag and giving noobs the special. I do like putting in a round or two of Buffalo Bore hardcast 340gr. Glad I put Hogue grips on...
Nice! Yeah the field of view is relatively small but it should do the job

Back
Top Bottom