My new long-range Dan Wesson hand cannon....

My problem is that I had to bring the gun in from full extension on the low end, at anything higher than 2x it was almost impossible for me. Dunno if it was me, the scope, or what, but when I had the opportunity to swap I did:)
Yeah it’s definitely more awkward than a rifle scope that doesn’t have a long eye relief. I’m sure it will take some practice but I’m not too worried

Are they making 44 mag revolvers or just barrels? Last time I checked they had 357 only
They are not making 44 mag revolvers. But they will essentially make any caliber barrel assembly in blued or stainless that was offered originally by DW.

Last edited:
What ammo are you trying? Off the shelf UMC 180 gr always work pretty well for me. Awsome price through target sports too. Pmc 180s seem ok. I've been happy with Underwood for hunting and all around quality ammo, but its pricey. I'm a fan of 240gr and under mostly. Nice gun!
The umc ammo is flashy. But super clean.

Good question. That I don’t know. What I do know is that Dan Wesson made their barrels in 12 inch and 15 inch lengths. I will have a 15 inch 357 barrel assembly in the spring most likely. Stay tuned!
15” 357? Wow. I’d love to try one. Probably shoots like a 22. And the energy on a 15” 357 load is beefy.

The umc ammo is flashy. But super clean.
I shot a couple boxes of the 180 gr UMC before I started reloading and yes it was definitely flashy. My 180 gr reloads are too. But when you cram 30+ grains of powder in the case you’re bound to have some flash[laugh]

They shoot a 4+ foot flame out of my Henry 44 rifle....

15” 357? Wow. I’d love to try one. Probably shoots like a 22. And the energy on a 15” 357 load is beefy.
Yeah the 15" is ridiculous. I shot one 2 summers ago and it was awesome. Definitely like shooting a 22 or maybe a 22 mag. I had a thread with photos that I’ll try to find. I’ll post the link if I can find it.

Just finished cutting the foam on my Apache gun case. Fit okay but the foam is a tad too thick. Almost thinking I probably didn’t need to cut the foam. Then again with the thickness of the scope might have made it tough to close without cutting the foam.

Anyway, it is a perfect size case for the 10" barrel along with my 6" and 2.5" barrels. Then I have the muzzle brake and barrel changing tool in there as well.
28BD1995-9DF2-49D0-B4BB-3BF6CFC7ECE9.jpeg
9C9B501C-28F4-4C3A-8B81-952FCC323DE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah the 15" is ridiculous. I shot one 2 summers ago and it was awesome. Definitely like shooting a 22 or maybe a 22 mag. I had a thread with photos that I’ll try to find. I’ll post the link if I can find it.

It was beyond ridiculous, picture the Joker's gun from the Batman movie of several years ago. But we had no trouble pinging steel with it!

That was Andrew's barrel and my DW that we put together for a unique range experience. The people there didn't think it was even real at first lol

It was beyond ridiculous, picture the Joker's gun from the Batman movie of several years ago. But we had no trouble pinging steel with it!

That was Andrew's barrel and my DW that we put together for a unique range experience. The people there didn't think it was even real at first lol
Haha that was a really fun range trip! Unique for sure.

Found the pics!

e4fcbdf9-e683-485e-a3c8-d27ef83f2ef3-png.220400

5672ae88-1017-41e4-b97f-bd3ad60d07b5-png.220399

That 44 is a gorgeous piece Andrew! Definitely get some action shots with it for us. I would definitely like to test drive it some time! I bet that really hot ammo you have would get some crazy speed out of that barrel.

Just finished cutting the foam on my Apache gun case. Fit okay but the foam is a tad too thick. Almost thinking I probably didn’t need to cut the foam. Then again with the thickness of the scope might have made it tough to close without cutting the foam.

Anyway, it is a perfect size case for the 10" barrel along with my 6" and 2.5" barrels. Then I have the muzzle brake and barrel changing tool in there as well.
View attachment 267778

Why do not have the short barrel on that thing?

P.S. when that thing falls apart I’ll give you $50 for it.

I’m a revolver fan, that is one nice looking revolver. The longest barrel I have is in my S&W TRR8 but that’s only in 357. The longest 44 I have is only 4 inch, it’s the 329pd but kicks like a mule. Might get it manga ported.

But that is a very, very nice 44.

Harry

That 44 is a gorgeous piece Andrew! Definitely get some action shots with it for us. I would definitely like to test drive it some time! I bet that really hot ammo you have would get some crazy speed out of that barrel.
Oh I’m definitely going to shoot the shit out of this in the afternoon. I’ll probably bring a couple hundred rounds of my 240 gr reloads. Not going to bother with my 180 gr loads as they’re just too damn hot and flashy. Stay tuned for the range report!

Why do not have the short barrel on that thing?

P.S. when that thing falls apart I’ll give you $50 for it.
The 2.5" is a lot to handle but not terrible either.

[laugh][laugh]This better not fall apart! At least DW is still in business unlike Coonan...you’ll be the first guy I messsge if it falls apart.....lol

A beautiful gun like that should have a name! Have you thought of one?
Good question! I have never named any of my guns before. I’m not very creative when it comes to things like that. I’d probably just name it Dan for Dan Wesson?[laugh]

its so beautiful. You shot my .44 scoped, its amazing how much movement you'll see. congrats on such a nice revolver.
Thanks! Yes that’s right! I guess I should have said first time shooting a scoped pistol beyond 10ish yards.

I plan to shoot this from a rest - at least when shooting out to 120 yards. I’m actually surprised how manageable it is to hold off hand. I saved a little weight with the silhouette cuts on the shroud but still plenty of meat on it.

Back
Top Bottom