My new JP Rifle- Custom built AR-15

Well most of the people on here might not know what this gun is about. Basically it is an AR-15 set up for IPSC shooting. It is a JP Rifle (www.jprifles.com) AR-15. These guns are built per order to the customers specifications. It is the CTR-02 Receiver with the polished stainless steel 18" barrel with a 1:8" twist and Bennie Coolie comp. It has the Ace SoCom telescopic butt stock. The trigger is a crisp 3.5# that has a perfect break to it. You'll prob. notice that there isn't a scope or sight on the gun. That is only because the scope mount was on back order and the 2nd back-up sight was as well. Both should ship out tomorrow. This setup will allow the scope to be used on the long range stuff while the 2nd tactical sight will be used for close range targets. The 2nd sight will mount at a 45 degree angle so when engaging closer range targets the gun just needs to be turned a bit to the side and you're good to go. Anyways the pictures don't do this thing justice. Let's hope it shoots 1/2 as good as it looks.

Enjoy:

JpRifle-01.jpg

JpRifle-02.jpg

Now with the scope and tactical sight:

Riflenew002.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind words. I may shoot it tomorrow without any sights on it just at fairly close range to test for reliability. Actually it will be because it's killing me not to shoot the thing. I've been told that the accuracy and reliability of these guns is insane... You can adjust the pressure in the bolt to have is cycle faster or slower.

Sorry, I don't excited about Space Guns. I'm too damned much of a traditionalist. But, for a Space Gun, it does look good.

I can respect the comment about being a traditionalist but thanks to innovators such as JP and other greats we no longer have to use 30lb. M1 Garands for combat or sport shooting. Nothing against the M1's but in this game they wouldn't be a good choice.

Plus, a lot of the innovations that are being made for "sport" guns are being carried over to the military market. Looks like our "space" guns are helping our soldiers.

Pete

Last edited:
GTOShootr said:
I have a set of iron sights you can use until your scope comes in. I can give them to someone from MRA at Bass River to give to you if you want.

Thanks for the offer. First you let me borrow the Matt Burkett video (which I still have) then your sights.... I feel guilty enough still having your video... LOL The other sights should be here the beginning of next week.

Where is Bass River anyways??? Is it by the cape?

Hey Pete, I was just looking at your rifle again and noticed the supressor. Is it actually machined into the barrel or is it threaded/pinned on? Anyway, I agree with your comment about commercial competition technology trickling up to the military. This type of thing is good for everyone.

Regards,
Chris

ChristosX said:
Hey Pete, I was just looking at your rifle again and noticed the supressor. Is it actually machined into the barrel or is it threaded/pinned on? Anyway, I agree with your comment about commercial competition technology trickling up to the military. This type of thing is good for everyone.

Regards,
Chris

I think the suppressor on that rifle has morphed into a compensator...

The comp is actually threaded on. However, looking at the gun closely you wouldn't even know it. The seam where the comp and barrel meet is almost nonexistant. I'm going to put a few rounds thru it today.

Pete

The gun shot great but without any sights it was difficult to aim and check accuracy. I just did some point shooting with it. The recoil is almost non existant and the trigger is a work of art... I can't wait till my scope mount and backup sight come in next week. Then I'll have a much better range report.

In case any of you actually care I got my scope mount and tactical sight tonight. I just put them on and will take it to the range tomorrow after work to test it out. I'll give a full range report of how she shoots.

Enjoy,
Pete

Riflenew002.jpg

This is the tactical sight that will be used for close range targets. Simply, turn the gun at about a 45 degree angle and use this sight just like the sights on an 1911.

Riflenew003.jpg

Supermoto said:
Very Sweet
How about a run done on the parts

It's a complete JP rifle with the new CTR-02 milled receiver. Stainless steel lightweight carrier, 18" lightweight polished stainless barrel w/ 1-8" twist, Bennie Coolie comp, JP custom trigger, adj. gas operated, Ace SoCom stock, Armalight scope mount with Simmons 1.5x4x20 shotgun scope, and JP backup tactical sight.

I think that covers it all.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom