My Nephew Was Murdered At 2:55 AM Yesterday

Wednesday, Sep. 09, 2009
Arrests made in Myrtle Beach teen's death
2 hurt in morning fight at Afterdeck
By Monique Newton - [email protected]

A Myrtle Beach teen died early Tuesday after a stabbing incident during a fight between two groups of friends at the Afterdeck club on 9719 N. Kings Highway.

Horry County Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard said 19-year-old David Jon "D.J." Houghtaling was pronounced dead at 3:39 a.m. at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center.

Willard said a cause of death had not been determined Tuesday from his injuries.

READ MORE

I wish I had the opportunity to train my nephew DJ here at Maine CWP Training. The outcome would have been much different.

Thank you all for your kind words.

FROM A NURSE~ People who are commenting seem to be hung up on the fact that this 19 year old was out at 3 am somewhere he should not have been. So what? So are a thousand other teens along the Grand Strand nightly. That does not deflect from the fact that some PUNKS took the life of a good kid. DJ was one of the most compassionate, caring kids I have ever met. He jumped into a fight to defend a friend and for that he was viciously killed. The world is less one truly good person this day because of some people who have been in trouble with the law previously. That is the issue. Why does it take a senseless murder to get two serial criminals put away? If these men had been punished a little harsher for their previous crimes, DJ would still be alive today. My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends. God will use DJ's death for good just as He has used DJ's life to touch others. Let's not forget the grieving parents and friends. We love you DJ. You will forever live in our hearts and lives

This is such sad news. I'm sorry for your loss.
Gordyk said,

"I just hope those guys get the right punishment and that they realize they hurt a lot of people in the process, not just D.J., but a lot of his friends and family are hurt a lot mentally."

She called Houghtaling "just the most happiest person you'd ever meet."

"No matter what, if you're in a bad mood, he was always brightening up your day," Gordyk said.

Back
Top Bottom