• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Guns Thread from start to future

First, my condolences on being behind the blue curtain, secondly congratulations on getting permission to exercise your God given rights. This is where everybody tells you to buy their favorite gun.

My advice would be a .22 target handgun which fits your hand. Practice using a two handed stance at 25 ft to gain confidence then back up to 50 ft.

For long arms if suggest a Ruger 10/22 because there is a metric ton of aftermarket parts and accessories. Get a usgi sling and learn to use it. Look here for an "Appleseed" shoot. These are two day events and the training is priceless. Commit to the two days. You'll thank me later.

Thanks everyone.
I'm aware of the shortages.
Luckily my brother has a good amount of 9mm.
So, if I need any , I'm sure I'll be able to get some off of him.

As for the battle rifle, I'm pretty sure it's out of my price range at the moment.
I'm only going to have maybe $400 left after the vp9
Not much you are going to get for $400. I think you mentioned a shotgun? A basic Remington 870 or Mossberg 590 is more than $400.

Partly the reason I picked the keltech. I've seen it for $450

Probably your best bet for buying guns currently at a non-insane price would be to post WTB ads in the classifieds here. That way you're not fighting like Soviet comrades in the 1980s for toilet paper (yes, the USSR had tp shortages back then) to get to the gun store counters or paying inflated prices.

P365 might be a little big for a pocket gun, sure I've been know to carry it in a pocket holster, but being in NH means I don't worry as much about printing. But is is a sub compact and does share ammo with the VP9 (got one of those too, and it is a fine gun). A common, inexpensive ammo can have some advantages.

The first/second gun threads are pretty good, usually. If i had a VP9 id definitely pair it with another 9mm. I have a shield which is good, but any single stack 9mm with a shorter grip from a good manufacturer is probably your best bet. Id look at the shield, P365, G43.

Keep in mind there are probably several other guns youll want at some point. The order in which you get them should probably depend on what you plan to use them for. Many will advise you get a shotgun, but if you dont plan to hunt or shoot skeet id avoid it. A semiauto centerfire rifle and a .22 would be my next choices.

Smith and Wessom 929. I bought one last month. I stopped shooting all my other handguns. That gun shoots so well, I love it.

You can find them online for around $100-150 cheaper than at gun stores and $450 cheaper than Cabelas.

So as the title says, I just got my license to carry.

After being disappointed by not being able to get 4 of my 7 choices, I decided on my first 9mm that I'll be picking up this week.

Hk vp9

My other choices were (before figuring out they are not mass compliant)

Iwi masada
Beretta apx
Beretta px4
Beretta 92x compact (I'm assuming this one)
Hk vp9sk

Last choice before deciding I didnt need a race gun and because it was a tank of a gun

Sig sauer p320 X5 legion

Now I'm down to deciding what gun #2 should be.

Either a pocket 380.

Kahr ct380
Walther pt380
Smith and Wesson bodyguard 380

Shotgun

Keltec ks7

22lr

Hk416 (I'm kinda leaning towards this one because itll be near full weight to a regular AR style rifle)
Smith and Wesson 15-22
Ruger 10-22 takedown

Looking for advice or guidance on my second choice. I can get one of the above for now.

Thanks
Colin

I just traded for a VP9 (and got rid of my 938) - I am impressed on how well the VP9 shoots, the trigger measure right at 5lbs and I can see that it will become one of my favorites for sure

They should just give everyone a 10/22 when they get their first license, it would save a lot of time.

The 4 basic guns that everyone should have, IMO, are a .22 rifle, a .12ga shotgun, a .223 rifle and a 9mm pistol. Sounds like you already have the pistol. With a $400 budget, I reckon I could find a used .22 rifle, and a used .12ga pump. I’d start with the basics, enjoy the heck out of them, and upgrade when I can.

I love keltec firearms, but their shotgun is not my first choice. I only own guns I shoot, so I’d rather have a gun I can use for clay games, deer hunting, and home defense. An old mossy 500 will do all 3. Or a brand new Mossy Maverick for $200. The keltec is only good for defense.

It looks a bit out of my price range currently, but definitely interesting.
I've never seen it before.

You can get used VR80s for around $400-500 if you're willing to look hard enough and haggle. If you're not haggling, or at least trying to haggle, you're not doing gun buying right [laugh]

Multiple members on here have VR80s. Use the forum search function to find the threads on the VR80. For home defense, I think the VR80 would be great with 00 buckshot. The gun's fairly comfortable handling and the buttstock swaps out with commercial buffertube AR stocks.

You can get used VR80s for around $400-500 if you're willing to look hard enough and haggle. If you're not haggling, or at least trying to haggle, you're not doing gun buying right [laugh]

Multiple members on here have VR80s. Use the forum search function to find the threads on the VR80. For home defense, I think the VR80 would be great with 00 buckshot. The gun's fairly comfortable handling and the buttstock swaps out with commercial buffertube AR stocks.
I saw 1, but it was sold.
I've been browsing for the past month or so.
Mainly in handguns.

Like someone already mentioned(TeamRR) in mass. AR15 type &AK47 are not for sale anymore. If you have the $ 2k or so it costs for a pre ban one then by all means.
If not, then get a Ruger Mini14 while you still can . They are not on the Assaut weapons list and start new around 700 or 800 bucks. Here is pic of mine. Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 7.31.40 PM.png

Even in NH I own a mini 14 LE version, specifically picked because it's not tacticooled, ie no threaded barrel or pistol grip, but it's short, light, nice running. Of course I don't even know off the top of my head how many ARs I own but if they weren't so available I would happily pick the Ruger as my platform and just learn them inside and out, there is a good aftermarket following on them (of course not an AR level but plenty to maintain, accuratize, customize etc).. not sure on mags because I want to say maybe they have changed fitnent details here and there but its possible there are pre ban 20 and 30 rounders even that may fit a new model - something to look into.

Darkjoker33 - what part of the state are you in? There are some shops to avoid , and some to patronize.

And, it has happened, but the odds of.getting burned by a member on here in a ftf transaction, are far and few.

So your going to carry a firearm...
Just remember to putt it in your pants when you shit..(tactical hammock)

if you cant find your weapons its in your refrigerator or the oven...or anywhere else you loose your car keys.

So your going to carry a firearm...
Just remember to putt it in your pants when you shit..(tactical hammock)

if you cant find your weapons its in your refrigerator or the oven...or anywhere else you loose your car keys.

That was one of my first thoughts honestly.
I thought of affixing a magnet to the holster someplace. That way, I could just stick it to the stall someplace

Back
Top Bottom