My daughter was kicked off the school bus

Actually, is the punishment the rest of the school year, or the rest of the calendar year?

Either way... I'm thinking about all this from a logical point of view.

If they believed your daughter was a safety risk, of what value is banning her from a school bus? Wouldn't they ban her from school altogether?

So it's safe to say they do not see her as any sort of safety/security risk. So why the suspension? Do they have written policies in place that specify the rules and associated punishments? Are these published? Are the kids told of such rules? What part of free speech don't they understand.

One more thing... perhaps your daughter was discussing your well toned, muscled arms, describing them as guns?

:)

il_570xN.413104206_lguz.jpg

Find yourself a scary assed lawyer.
I knew one that used to make people like that pee themselves a little in the 1st 5 minutes.
If she was still alive i'd send her your way.
Don't let them control the meeting when you do meet.

Use their own stupidity against them. With lawyer and voice recorder in hand, remind them why you're here, what it was your daughter said about you and that you are standing in front of them now. See if they poop themselves because of their stupidity. Things to add to their fright, off campus meeting and place a suspiciously large cell phone case on your belt, covered with your shirt.

Or even better, if you could get the chief of police who issued your CCL to show up and ask them to explain why your daughter is being punished for something that the COP found was no issue as to withhold a license. And ask if the same punishment would have happened if she had said that dirty little word in the context of President Obama, and AG Holder in fast and furious scandal.

Or tell them it was a misunderstanding, she said I have gum.

I wonder what the rest of the conversation was . . . she didn't just blurt it out, what were the other kid talking about for her to make that statement?

Calm, Cool and Intelligent is the best way to address this.

I hae zero respect for public schools or the people who work for them. I would be lawyer up immediately and as LenS says, bring the attorney to any meetings with the overpaid brainless automatons who run the school system.

If there is one thing this admins hate, its the prospect of getting sued and having THEIR names in the paper as the ones that caused the city millions of bux! So show you are seriously pissed off. bring the junkyard dog lawyer with you.

If there is one thing this admins hate, its the prospect of getting sued and having THEIR names in the paper as the ones that caused the city millions of bux! So show you are seriously pissed off. bring the junkyard dog lawyer with you.

yup, had a labor dispute with a system I worked in. Meeting with them went nowhere, so I hired an attorney to handle all future communications. They folded like a lawn chair in a tornado.

I feel bad for all those little snowflakes and cupcakes that were traumatized by your insensitive daughter. There must have been a lot of wet pants on that bus.

I have read this numerous times in this post. This isn't the experience I have seen first hand. A friend of mine who has very, very, deep pockets has been involved in a lawsuit against a Metro West School over access to special need services for his kid.

It's been going on for almost a year now. The town didn't back down.

How many people here have first hand experience getting a school to crack by threating to call a lawyer?

When the public hears that their town is involved in a lawsuit over school and "Guns". Sadly in MA you will probably see a go fund me account set up to fight the OP.

Last edited:
My girlfriend is a teacher in the Manchester school system. From what she has told me the school system is *very* much afraid of lawsuits. The parents are given almost complete control over how their kids are handled because of it.

I can't say this will translate to mass, but I have a hard time believing that they would welcome defending a lawsuit over something like this. Lawyer up - I'll kick in $50

if i had to guess i bet the parent of the kid told on the buss freaked out and was harrasing the school until they did something.

This is the likely scenario.

On the bus ride home, Mary tells Jane, her dad has guns. Jane goes home and tells her mom that Mary told her, her dad has guns. Mom's head explodes, and drives straight to the school, with steam coming out of her ears. Principal takes it from there with an over the top, inappropriate reaction.

The bus driver may know nothing about it!

My girlfriend is a teacher in the Manchester school system. From what she has told me the school system is *very* much afraid of lawsuits. The parents are given almost complete control over how their kids are handled because of it.

I can't say this will translate to mass, but I have a hard time believing that they would welcome defending a lawsuit over something like this. Lawyer up - I'll kick in $50

Exactly, are they more afraid of the OP... Or the lawsuits that would follow if the school didn't discipline a child that mentioned guns and something happened involving that child?

Did you hear of the MA student who got in trouble for making a gun out of Lego's last year. Here is the schools response.

The family's attorney, George MacKoul, said Cruz spoke to Hyannis West Principal Kathi Amato about the incident and was told the superintendent would investigate. Nothing came of it, however, and Cruz was told the school wouldn't change its position on the reprimand, MacKoul said.

http://www.capecodonline.com/article/20130201/News/302010348

You know what those people who have never picked up a BB gun are going to say?

Why is a father introducing his seven year old to guns? Her father must be a nuts. His license should be taken away.

I wish you the best of luck in your fight OP. Be careful I don't see you winning in MA.

Last edited:
A large percentage of municipal real estate taxes in small to mid-sized towns go to fund the schools... When this foolishness forces people to home school, and somebody decides to reduce their RE tax payment by the percentage of the service they cannot use, what happens? Ruby Ridge?

Hmmmm.

I bought my 7 and 5 year old daughters both NERF blasters and tons of extra ammo for Christmas.
When does school go back in session after that? January 5th?
Yea, stay tuned, you'll be seeing me and my kids as the cover story of the news that day.

Be sure the girls have their NERF battle helmets on too[smile]
Hmmmm.

I bought my 7 and 5 year old daughters both NERF blasters and tons of extra ammo for Christmas.
When does school go back in session after that? January 5th?
Yea, stay tuned, you'll be seeing me and my kids as the cover story of the news that day.

A large percentage of municipal real estate taxes in small to mid-sized towns go to fund the schools... When this foolishness forces people to home school, and somebody decides to reduce their RE tax payment by the percentage of the service they cannot use, what happens? Ruby Ridge?

Do you honestly think that is going to happen in someplace like Massachusetts?

Can you afford to lose your LTC and all your guns? They certainly have the power to turn this into an "unsuitable person" issue where Village Vault will own your property.

Sadly you can not afford to NOT go with an attorney. As others said, their school resource officer will likely "appear" and a full report handed to the police chief. Anything you say WILL be used against you. This is on the same level as that video "Do Not Talk to the Police"! http://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc

Yes, they can get away with this crap. They've done it many times over all over the country. Think a piece of toast, pop-tart, etc. or even a finger looking like a gun anywhere near a school, two kids posing for pictures with an Airsoft gun, etc.

If you don't bully them with an attorney, they will bully you, that is a certainty.

^^^THIS. EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH THIS VIDEO! It has been the best 50 minutes I've spent listening to any lecture.

It's terrible that even the most innocent and well-intentioned person could be demonized by the guile of an officer who doesn't care if you are innocent but wants to get a conviction no matter who the person is.

I have read this numerous times in this post. This isn't the experience I have seen first hand. A friend of mine who has very, very, deep pockets has been involved in a lawsuit against a Metro West School over access to special need services for his kid.

It's been going on for almost a year now. The town didn't back down.

How many people here have first hand experience getting a school to crack by threating to call a lawyer?

When the public hears that their town is involved in a lawsuit over school and "Guns". Sadly in MA you will probably see a go fund me account set up to fight the OP.
We got someone fired over an ******* director in our local school system that did not want to allow my deaf grandson to get the special access he needed.
Told him I wanted to talk to his boss, he told me he didn't have one. Needless to say his boss was not happy about it.
They fired him over this and a few other similar incidents. he actually called me after I got the ball rolling and offered to get my grandson what he needed to try to get me to back off, didn't happen.
Never meet one on one, always have someone else or record the meeting with permission.

We got someone fired over an ******* director in our local school system that did not want to allow my deaf grandson to get the special access he needed.
Told him I wanted to talk to his boss, he told me he didn't have one. Needless to say his boss was not happy about it.
They fired him over this and a few other similar incidents. he actually called me after I got the ball rolling and offered to get my grandson what he needed to try to get me to back off, didn't happen.
Never meet one on one, always have someone else or record the meeting with permission.

I was born with a growth in my ear drum . Was 85-90% def . I had to wait till I was 7/8 till the ear drum stops growing . I had to have a hearing aid and the teach with a wireless mic.

Would of cost my family thousands to get it. The company told us if the school applies they get a discount and it's allready covered in the budget. Us buying vs school renting .

One meeting with my parents attorney and the caved .

Never roll over unless a pretty girl is gonna rub your belly. Never talk to the man without a mouth piece present. I am never surprised by this crap any more unfortunately. Good luck and wish I was rich as I would get you a lawyer to fight this BS. Mother of gawd she is seven years old. These people are sickening quivering cowards and are ruining our country. In for the revolution!

Given the many answers of lawyer up I can assume the age of the crowd posting. Try talking first as I said before. Lawyers cost money and don't mean an end all solution. Pussification of America starts when you can't fight your own battles from the get go. It seems a lot here are afraid to confront the educators, you just may find talking works first.

Just don't give them the upper hand if you arrive un-announced they will see you.

Given the many answers of lawyer up I can assume the age of the crowd posting. Try talking first as I said before. Lawyers cost money and don't mean an end all solution. Pussification of America starts when you can't fight your own battles from the get go. It seems a lot here are afraid to confront the educators, you just may find talking works first.

Just don't give them the upper hand if you arrive un-announced they will see you.

Lawyering up in this case is not about "pussification". You're somehow assuming an administrator that banned a young girl from taking the bus is interested in having a logical discussion and creating a reasoned outcome.

I'd say that's a pretty foolish thing to assume.

Don't roll over, speak up but make sure you stay calm and it may be a good idea to have a lawyer or a 3rd party with you in case they try to claim you threatened them. I'm surprised she's kicked off the bus but not out of school since the school determines the students kept off the bus and if they're panicking enough to kick her off the bus I would think they would have expelled her from school.
How absurd these aholes are to do such a thing to anyone never mind a 7 yr. old. Good luck with everything.

I appreciate the input from all of you. This is why I love NES. I wasn't sure if I should speak up or roll over. I was leaning towards what you all are saying.

Lawyering up in this case is not about "pussification".

Bringing a gun to a gunfight is not pussification. Neither is bringing the most effective weapon available under our adversarial system to a meeting with REMFs who are putting the MF into REMF.

OP-

some excellent ideas in this thread. i completely agree with the posts that stress re-assuring your daughter. her well-being is more important than anything else. i did some pretty stupid things as a kid, and I was blessed to have a dad who always helped me understand where i went wrong without making me feel ashamed.

with respect to the school, it is run by bureaucrats who live in a culture of fear. in their minds, those of us freedom-loving gun-owning americans represent nothing but liability because they know we live outside their bubble of fear. we choose not to live in fear like them. they are envious over it.

the culture of fear is dangerous for us. As Len and others have pointed out, they can twist your words and use them against you. unfortunately the only answer is to not open one's mouth or write a damn thing. let the attorney do all the talking and writing.

in my world i don't take a dump without an esq signing off on it....i've seen good people go down in flames because they let emotions and righteousness guide their words. it doesn't turn out well.

lawyer up if you intend to engage the school in any way.

Back
Top Bottom