My daughter was kicked off the school bus

mention bringing this up to the media. I don't know of any school administrator who wants a questionable decision to get into the media.

Bringing a gun to a gunfight is not pussification. Neither is bringing the most effective weapon available under our adversarial system to a meeting with REMFs who are putting the MF into REMF.

I'm sorry Rob I ddin't know it was a gunfight. I thought she just got removed from the bus becuase of spoken words. I'll remember this if someone ever gets cross with me. BTW do you lawyer up at all, do you know the costs, time involved, etc. I'm going to bet you answer no but I do more so than most who are quick to "I'll call my lawyer" . It saves time and money to defend your position by using the mouth "God gave you" the younger generation has forgotten the art of war through words and have been taught irresponcible ways to manage themselves with lawyers.

I wish I had a lawyer for every time one of my kids was bullied I could have made a fortune here on NES with the well wishers.

I'm sorry Rob I ddin't know it was a gunfight. I thought she just got removed from the bus becuase of spoken words. I'll remember this if someone ever gets cross with me. BTW do you lawyer up at all, do you know the costs, time involved, etc. I'm going to bet you answer no but I do more so than most who are quick to "I'll call my lawyer" . It saves time and money to defend your position by using the mouth "God gave you" the younger generation has forgotten the art of war through words and have been taught irresponcible ways to manage themselves with lawyers.

I wish I had a lawyer for every time one of my kids was bullied I could have made a fortune here on NES with the well wishers.

^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

contact goal and com 2a they may know an atty that would at least go with you to have them explain their reason on the record. the you're gonna hear from my lawyer threat is old and played out and 99% of people don't take it seriously. showing up at step 1 with a lawyer is a way to show you aren't ****ing around

Assuming everything is about as simple as you discribed... Sorry, but if the school staff are that unhinged you will get nowhere on your own. Anything you do WILL be interpreted in a negative light. It's just a matter of how much further they want to attempt to punish you at that moment. Lawyer up first if you want to take this all the way.

BTW do you lawyer up at all, do you know the costs, time involved, etc. I'm going to bet you answer no but I do more so than most who are quick to "I'll call my lawyer" .

I have issued MANY checks for pleadings, legal research, Amicus briefs, etc. over the past year. Many. So I do know the costs. I am also familiar with the costs of having a professional briefing prep company go over and print an attorney prepared brief.

I even mentally calculated the value of the legal time when I was in a room with over a dozen attorneys discussing MA litigation strategy.

If someone's kid is abused by a public or school official for completely legal speech related to guns in MA, they should contact [email protected].

While we cannot promise to cover all cases, we have been known to help [smile]

Last edited:
My take on this

At least consult with a lawyer. I would bet that the principle will do that before speaking with you. The way things are today you have to protect yourself. so get advise before you step into the room. Good luck.

Not sure where you live but would your state representative or senator be of any possible assistance in resolving this issue? Sometimes they can be helpful - other times they are useless as tits on a bull.

If not, and you can afford it, get an attorney, if you can't afford it, call Mike Beaudet at Fox 25

Last edited:

If you choose to live in MA as a gun owner, it's probably a good idea to use a lawyer more often than most average people would need to. This instance is a perfect example. Now if that happened to someone here in NH, I'd have different advice because we don't have suitability issues among other things.

This is all I needed to know. If Comm2A picks this up, I'm good for $100.

Discrimination of this kind is deeper than any other. It goes against actual non-criminal speech and speech regarding another constitutional right.

I recommend a sticky for this story if a donation website is set up. God Bless America and Merry Christmas.

Do you guys feel that it's kind of ridiculous?
At that age to hold a child accountable for virtually anything they say is highly unusual.

My son wrote a short story about being a soldier in Afghanistan and going out a patrol and killing about 40 "bad guys". The name of the soldier in his story was "Sergeant Fluffy." [laugh]

Lawyers cost an S-load.

A motion or answer (not even the going to court part) is $250 minimum, a trip to court add $1000 minimum for less than 1/2 day with only 20 minutes before the judge.

Do you guys feel that it's kind of ridiculous?

It doesn't matter what we think. What matters is the potential reality of the situation. If you don't go in prepared for the very worst case scenario you could be in very deep kimchee. It's that simple. This is not 1964, 1984, or even 2004. Times change, attitudes change. Frankly, there hasn't been a very good explanation of the events that transpired on the bus. Something was said that was misconstrued, it wasn't enough to get your daughter expelled or face disciplinary action, but there was an event. You need to get to the bottom of it and how you present yourself is going to determine the outcome. The school administrators are not your friends, they will view you as a gun nut who might come to school to threaten and harm them because that is what gun owners do, don't you know? We know the police are not your friends, far too many examples on this Forum, and if there is a school resource officer at the school, that individual will most likely be at the meeting to protect the administrators from you. This is why you need to have an attorney. Forget Christmas, forget your unrestricted class A LTC, you might be jeopardizing your suitability.

On the other hand it might be a very low key meeting resolved amicably between all parties involved...but to quote Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry: "Do ya feel lucky Punk, do ya" or to quote the Ancient Romans: "Sic vic pacem, parabellum" = "if you wish for peace, prepare for war"...me, I'd rather be prepared for war. You have a lawyer with you for the same reason you CCW, better to have it than not need it, than need it and not have it. If you think you are smart enough and erudite enough to navigate through this alone, fine, but if you were, you wouldn't be coming to this forum seeking advice, now would you? [wink] Spend the money, it's not pussification it's realpolitik in Amerika especially in Massachusetts in 2014, it might be different in Idaho then again maybe not. Get a damn lawyer and get competent legal advice. I'm sure there are members here that can steer you to a good one that won't charge you an arm and a leg, pretty simple.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what we think. What matters is the potential reality of the situation. If you don't go in prepared for the very worst case scenario you could be in very deep kimchee. It's that simple. This is not 1964, 1984, or even 2004. Times change, attitudes change. Frankly, there hasn't been a very good explanation of the events that transpired on the bus. Something was said that was misconstrued, it wasn't enough to get your daughter expelled or face disciplinary action, but there was an event. You need to get to the bottom of it and how you present yourself is going to determine the outcome. The school administrators are not your friends, they will view you as a gun nut who might come to school to threaten and harm them because that is what gun owners do, don't you know? We know the police are not your friends, far too many examples on this Forum, and if there is a school resource officer at the school, that individual will most likely be at the meeting to protect the administrators from you. This is why you need to have an attorney. Forget Christmas, forget your unrestricted class A LTC, you might be jeopardizing your suitability.

On the other hand it might be a very low key meeting resolved amicably between all parties involved...but to quote Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry: "Do ya feel lucky Punk, do ya" or to quote the Ancient Romans: "Sic vic pacem, parabellum" = "if you wish for peace, prepare for war"...me, I'd rather be prepared for war. You have a lawyer with you for the same reason you CCW, better to have it than not need it, than need it and not have it. If you think you are smart enough and erudite enough to navigate through this alone, fine, but if you were, you wouldn't be coming to this forum seeking advice, now would you? [wink] Spend the money, it's not pussification it's realpolitik in Amerika especially in Massachusetts in 2014, it might be different in Idaho then again maybe not. Get a damn lawyer and get competent legal advice. I'm sure there are members here that can steer you to a good one that won't charge you an arm and a leg, pretty simple.

^^^^^^ This!

Also there is an attorney on this forum who offered his services in this string. The OP should pay attention and at least contact that attorney to discuss this.

If you think you are smart enough and erudite enough to navigate through this alone, fine, but if you were, you wouldn't be coming to this forum seeking advice, now would you? [wink] Spend the money, it's not pussification it realpolitik in Amerika in 2014 and get a damn lawyer and get competent legal advice.

"It's man's fate to outsmart himself." - unknown (but true!) Don't outsmart yourself. Get a lawyer.

I would say put your daughter on the bus and see if they actually have the balls to kick her off. Then again I wouldn't want to do anything to traumatize your daughter. I would just force their hand, take pictures of the whole ordeal, etc.

I would say put your daughter on the bus and see if they actually have the balls to kick her off. Then again I wouldn't want to do anything to traumatize your daughter. I would just force their hand, take pictures of the whole ordeal, etc.

Could make it much, much worse, and besides we don't have the full story and so far the details are really sketchy. Lotta folks ready to shoot from the hip. The details need to be fleshed out a bit. Something happened, but just what? Remember confrontation that you are proposing has long term ramifications and her school records will follow her around forever, even when she applies to college. The audit trail starts young. What if she gets arrested? Decades from now she applies for a LTC (assuming they still have those decades from now) she has a juvenile record, she could be denied. Today the system is forever. Don't fear it, but tread cautiously and prudently, it's like a chess game, and confrontational angry not well thought out responses are exactly what the other side wants. Anger and in-your-face works to their advantage because it reinforces the image of the angry white male gun owner, kinda like your avatar [laugh]

Given the many answers of lawyer up I can assume the age of the crowd posting. Try talking first as I said before. Lawyers cost money and don't mean an end all solution. Pussification of America starts when you can't fight your own battles from the get go. It seems a lot here are afraid to confront the educators, you just may find talking works first.

Just don't give them the upper hand if you arrive un-announced they will see you.

You don't bring a knife to a gunfight

Back
Top Bottom