My daughter was kicked off the school bus

No, I don't understand any of it, that's why I moved out of MA!!!

Not quite so sure this is a "mass" thing. I firmly believe there are shool departments in NH that would do the same thing......maybe not as many of them as Mass.......but moon bats do exist in NH.

Get her this T-Shirt to wear to school

images

Just kidding

Not quite so sure this is a "mass" thing. I firmly believe there are shool departments in NH that would do the same thing......maybe not as many of them as Mass.......but moon bats do exist in NH.
He was referring to potential suitability issues. You don't have to worry about losing your pistol/revolver license in NH because your daughter said the word "gun" on a school bus. That is actually a possibility in MA.

What if a kid said their daddy was a Muslim. Would they then get kicked off the bus because everyone knows all Muslims are terrorists who will kill you? That seems like the same logic being applied here.

No, I don't understand any of it, that's why I moved out of MA!!!

It makes no sense, but it is the law in MA.

---------------

My town appointed a new superintendent a couple of years ago. He seems like a decent guy and due to his personal background, he grew up in Maine and taught in Alaska, I figured that he's seen a gun or two over his career (in non-threatening circumstances) so I took the opportunity to have a personal chat with him earlier this year. I have no children, so this is easy and poses no risk to myself or Family!

I asked him to put what I was about to tell him in the back of his mind for when this scenario occurs. I explained how easy it was for a kid (or even a teacher) to have picked up a shell casing in a pocket, pants cuff or cleat of a shoe/boot and end up dropping it a few days later in a school without ever knowing that they did it. I stated that I thought that the over-reaction by most MA districts in locking down every school in town, cordoning off a square mile around the school, etc. was WAY OVERBOARD! He responded that they do have to do a diligent check and I countered with "I agree, but suggest that you just don't go overboard like so many school systems have"! We'll have to see when it happens . . . how they respond. There are numerous juniors programs at most gun clubs in the area, it is merely a matter of time.

Step 1, spend a couple of hundred bucks on a consultation with a firearms lawyer before contacting the school. Ask the lawyer how to proceed.

I would rather visit with an attorney who specializes in dealing with child issues and schools. This goes way beyond a gun issue and requires someone skilled in the nuances of school policy, school law and personal rights.

Certainly YMMV.

I can tell you what you can't do (anymore):

My friend's mother was called out for having the highest grade in the class and the teacher said "Why is this 'Italian' girl being all you other kids?" (implying all the other kids were disgracing the school by being dumber than an Italian). When her father heard about that, he raced down to the school and announced that if they ever said something like that again within these walls he was going to come back and take the building apart brick by brick so they wouldn't have a school to disgrace.

Then again he didn't really have to worry about being reported to the police, he retired as the Chief of Police! Oh a time when people made ridiculously literal threats.

It makes no sense, but it is the law in MA.

---------------

My town appointed a new superintendent a couple of years ago. He seems like a decent guy and due to his personal background, he grew up in Maine and taught in Alaska, I figured that he's seen a gun or two over his career (in non-threatening circumstances) so I took the opportunity to have a personal chat with him earlier this year. I have no children, so this is easy and poses no risk to myself or Family!

I asked him to put what I was about to tell him in the back of his mind for when this scenario occurs. I explained how easy it was for a kid (or even a teacher) to have picked up a shell casing in a pocket, pants cuff or cleat of a shoe/boot and end up dropping it a few days later in a school without ever knowing that they did it. I stated that I thought that the over-reaction by most MA districts in locking down every school in town, cordoning off a square mile around the school, etc. was WAY OVERBOARD! He responded that they do have to do a diligent check and I countered with "I agree, but suggest that you just don't go overboard like so many school systems have"! We'll have to see when it happens . . . how they respond. There are numerous juniors programs at most gun clubs in the area, it is merely a matter of time.

a single spent .22 casing has the capability to bring an entire city's school system to its knees. Ain't that something!

Screw "lawyer up."

Use social media to express your outrage. It will go viral (we'll help), and within a day the school, the bus company, and everyone involved will be inundated with hateful email, tweets, and Facebook posts calling out the idiocy of their policies. the school and bus company will be begging your daughter to come back on the bus, lest they face more ridicule from people who actually have a lick of common sense.

Schedule an appointment to speak with school administration. If no resolution with that course, lawyer up.

Sue the crap out of the town.

What the f@ck is wrong with America! Why should that ever even be an issue? F'n moonbats drive me nuts

+1. I am fumed.

"OMG, her daddy has guns! I want her OFF the bus, she CANNOT be anywhere near my precious little prince! This family is DANGEROUS!!! OMG"!!

Even better...don't bother telling them you have to get a lawyer involved. Just do it, hit 'em hard with no warning.

Exactly! Never warn anyone when you try to sue them, Just like when I call someone to complain or inquire about something and I get a voice mail I never spell out the story in my voice message. Surprise is the best first attack, don't let anyone get prepared before they call you back.

Last edited:
Do you guys feel that it's kind of ridiculous?

Remember, Eric Holder said that the way to solve the "gun problem" was to use massive and consistent brainwashing. So the school punishes an entire family, and the other kids in school and on the bus learn that gun owners are bad and it's perfectly OK to shun and punish them. This is not ridiculous, it's part of the brainwashing, like shutting down a school because some kid draws a picture of a handgun. The little ones learn from these conditioning efforts, and if they are conditioned all their youth, when they are adults, they will follow that conditioning.

I wish you well and hope you get your kid back on the bus!

Does the school know that your daughter was referencing your collection of nail guns and heat guns? As an electrician surely you have a fine collection of tools...

:)

a single spent .22 casing has the capability to bring an entire city's school system to its knees. Ain't that something!

It's something alright. It's pretty damn sad!

----------------

I'd avoid the MSM like the plague, unless you want your name, address, info about owning guns laid out in public as an advertisement where to steal guns plus painting the Family as a bunch of domestic terrorists.

I don't think any better of using social media that is "public". I think (IMNSHO) it invites the potential for bad things to happen personally (burglary, etc.).

My kids are older than the child in this thread bu I instructed them to never mention guns outside the house or even in the house when we have company or their friends are over. The less people know about me the better.

In reference to the Lexington post....my children are well informed as to being aware of homosexuals, drugs, guns, cigarettes, knowing not to leave a drink unattended, never get in a car with a drunk driver and people who would choose to do them harm. They also know to never talk to the police or consent to a search. I drill this to them constantly. But I tell them that all this is between us. None of their friends need to know.

Offer alternative solutions in terms of punishment ( even if you don't do it).

I can't imagine it would be too hard to get the school to allow her back on the bus.

WHAT??? Bending over and 'volunteer' to accept a punishment for what exactly?? Flabby approach, exactly what the moonbets are looking and hoping for!

Did the OP admit to the VP that he actually owned guns?

What was the context of the conversation your daughter was having on the bus? How did guns come up? No other child used the word Guns or talked about guns?

Are they singling your daughter out because she was the only kid in on the conversation who alluded to potentially having access to guns?

WHAT??? Bending over and 'volunteer' to accept a punishment for what exactly?? Flabby approach, exactly what the moonbets are looking and hoping for!

Not everybody wants to be involved in a legal battle regardless of whether or not they'll foot the bill. Its hardly bowing down if you get exactly what originally wanted by playing the school's little game. If he wants to pursue legal action then fine ,but he showed an unwillingness to do so in his initial reply.I offered an alternative that required him just playing along with the district and getting the same result. Like I've said, I don't think the daughter did anything wrong and shouldn't actually be punished.

In the original post the punishment is described as being the rest of the year. Which if they are referring to the school year would be June. I'm not suggesting that she did anything wrong because she obviously didn't. I just think getting a lawyer wouldn't accomplish the simple task of getting her back on the bus any time soon. I've found when dealing with local governments and schools you just have to play the game better than they do. If he wants to make a statement about the school district's policies than he should be all means get a lawyer and pursue possible legal action. Otherwise, I'd go into a meeting and suggest her getting a ride isn't logistically possible an offer up some fake punishment that will never be followed through with.

Not ideal ,but it accomplishes the task without spending money on a lawyer.

The school should have an incident report that spells out exactly what she allegedly said.

The above posts sum it up perfectly.

Dad's goal is to get his 7 year old back on the bus. If the incident is as described in the OP, there is no way in hell that the child's actions warrant a six-month bus suspension...or any suspension, for that matter.

Bus drivers cannot suspend a child from the bus. That action is in the hands of the school district. I would love to hear a school administrator cite the policy violation for this that would result in a loss of bus transportation for the balance of the school year. There is no way that an administrator could defend this without sounding like a total ass.

If you accept it, you condone it! Plain and simple!!
Not everybody wants to be involved in a legal battle regardless of whether or not they'll foot the bill. Its hardly bowing down if you get exactly what originally wanted by playing the school's little game. If he wants to pursue legal action then fine ,but he showed an unwillingness to do so in his initial reply.I offered an alternative that required him just playing along with the district and getting the same result. Like I've said, I don't think the daughter did anything wrong and shouldn't actually be punished.

I agree with the crowd that says lawyer up, but not necessarily the advice of getting a firearms expert lawyer. Your fight is about school rules and state mandates for providing bus transportation. This isn't about firearms regulations.

Back
Top Bottom