Mumbles / Flaherty - Bullet restrictions

uzi

HERALD SOURCE

Mayor Thomas M. Menino and his potential challenger City Councilor Michael F. Flaherty found themselves in rare agreement yesterday about two landmark measures closing a gun loophole and banning armor-piercing bullets.

The two home-rule petitions, proposed by Flaherty and signed by Menino, are now headed to Beacon Hill and appear poised for passage.

“We are thrilled that the mayor signed these two initiatives,” Flaherty said, adding, “we hope their swift passage on Beacon Hill will help get illegal guns out of our neighborhoods.”

Flaherty’s proposal would close a loophole in the local gun ordinance that allows those found with illegal firearms at home or at work to get slaps on the wrist. It would impose the same mandatory minimum 18 months that gun-toting thugs get when they’re busted on the street.

The other measure bans so-called cop-killer bullets, an issue that Menino has championed nationally

comments area

Bostons' Mumbles at it again...

It would impose the same mandatory minimum 18 months that gun-toting thugs get when they’re busted on the street.

Because the old grandma with a shotgun at home for protection and an expired "lifetime FID" really shouldn't be getting off easy for trying to protect herself! I say throw her in the slammer and toss away the key, just like Plaxico!

Am I to understand that now when the "poor little disadvantaged and disenfranchised gang banging- illegally toting a gun" yute's momma invites the very understanding police into their Mass subsidezed housing, that the police will now be forced to arrest the kid, and, presumably, the mother?

Also, other than those evil deadly "BLACK RHINO" bullets, has there been any other ammunition manufactured with the expressed purpose of killing law enforcement officers??

I am confused.

Also, other than those evil deadly "BLACK RHINO" bullets, has there been any other ammunition manufactured with the expressed purpose of killing law enforcement officers??

I am confused.

So am I, what are the supposed "Cop Killer Bullets" that are mentioned? Does anyone "KNOW", without guessing???

It seems to me that lately most of the cop killer bullets are the ones found in their own gun.

So am I, what are the supposed "Cop Killer Bullets" that are mentioned? Does anyone "KNOW", without guessing???

teflon coated bullets.

However, as we all know there is no difference between a teflon coated bullet and a normal bullet.

It's media stupidity.

The sad truth is even Menino doesn't know. In other words, almost all rifle rounds, particularly hunting rounds, can pass through basic body armour so it could really be anything at this point. They don't know what they want yet (besides all guns gone forever)

I take cop killer dumps.

If you've ever been hit by the stench of one of my dumps you'd know it pretty much penetrates anything.

I dislike Mumbles so very much he disgusts me. He has no freaking clue and is ignorant on so many issues.

I have a cop killer car. I hope they don't ban it. It doesn't have much velocity, but its' weight makes up for it. It can penetrate any vest.

I sent an e-mail to my city councilor. His reply-He thought the bills were sensible and voted to pass them. Duh! He suggested I contact my "representatives" at the state house and make my concerns known. OK.[frown] I know how that doesn't work.
I don't have any "representatives" but I'll write to the ones who hold the positions.
Best regards.

Thanks for your interest. This is a home rule petition. What impact it's passage may have beyond Boston borders is unknown. Can other legislators add to a home rule petition and enforce it state wide? GOAL sent out an e-mail, a bit late according to my information. I imagine GOAL still has a blurb on their web site www.GOAL.org
I would appreciate any correspondence to any representative requesting that the home rule just die a natural death by inaction. That's what happened to Flaherty's attempt last year.
Best regards.

these people would shit there pants if they knew that there so called OK " sporting ammo ie- 30-06,338 win mag..ect" was able to go though bullet proof vests.

these people would shit there pants if they knew that there so called OK " sporting ammo ie- 30-06,338 win mag..ect" was able to go though bullet proof vests.

These people "S.T.P." knowing there's law abiding citizens in Boston who have guns. They are not the least bit fazed by the criminals shooting up the streets and doorways with guns they are not licensed to own.
Best regards.

Armor piercing bullets...are those not steel core bullets? Are those even legal currently in Mass??

So this really does nothing.
While mass legislates the crap out of everything. Cop killers still with get their bullets just south of the border as well as all the guns they need.

More useless mumbles.

if you banned every gun in the state and barricaded the borders, the thugs still would have guns and bullets. This has been proven in England over and over.

In england the cops had batons, no service weapons to carry and citizens had the right to own guns. Then england banned guns, now the cops walk around with sub-machine guns. Hello?

Gun control DOES NOTHING!!!

This state has more jackasses than the grand canyon.

Back
Top Bottom