Mother's maiden name on the LTC app

Was mother's maiden name always required when applying for LTC?

I am looking at my renewal app and just realized that this is a perfect piece of paper for someone to hijack my identity. My name, my parents' names, my SS and DL numbers are on it as is my place and DOB. I really hope this info is kept under an appropriate level of security. [thinking]

I was looking at an application. You can give your drivers license number in lieu of your SS number at that question on the form. You're right though about identity theft.

Last edited:
When the officer was reviewing mine, she paused while entering that info and was very confused, asking me if I filled out the application properly. I'm a bastard and have my mother's last name, so that threw her off. It's always funny to me when I have to put my parents info on a app. Not sure how my family tree influences my license outcome.

It is a an additional level of confirming your ID if you have a criminal record, anyone that has a criminal record, it lists your mother's maiden name on your record check for that reason

It IS the criminal recording system, after all. Had to explain that to the wife when something came from them once (reminder?).

Boston PD requires that you present a certified copy of your birth certificate (BC). They make a copy of it that's retained in their dossier on you. Your BC has your mother's maiden name on it.

What other PD's require presentation of a BC, as opposed to a state or federally issued photo ID, like a drives license or a passport?

I did my LTC app today and had a hand filled out form ready. We did the application on the computer so I never needed my form. I was never asked for mother's maiden name or father's name. As soon as I got back to my car I crossed out all the questions on the form that I was not asked about.

I am looking at my renewal app and just realized that this is a perfect piece of paper for someone to hijack my identity. My name, my parents' names, my SS and DL numbers are on it as is my place and DOB. I really hope this info is kept under an appropriate level of security. [thinking]

[rofl]

Are you kidding? Of course it's NOT secure. Your butt is hug way out when you submit the form. Hackers will realize this one day and go after that database. Some of the least secured systems I've ever seen belonged to .gov. Especially state .gov.

Back
Top Bottom