• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More cowardice and inertia

I personally don't know what I'd have done. I'm a big unit, and have engaged in what I guess you'd call "violent standoffs" before, so I'd like to say that I'd have waded in and tried to overpower the lunatic. I will certainly admit to never having had a hammer wielded in my general direction though, so that could be the beer talking. [grin]

Now that we've taken note of what we all would've done in this situation, how would everyone's reaction change if the victim was changed? How about if it was...

A woman?
A young man?
A young girl?
Any of the above, accompanied by a screaming and fearful child?

I feal safe to say I would do something. I'm pretty quick, and average size. I don't carry a gun, but I do carry my Kershaw Canyon City EVERYWHERE. I have, in the past, used it to disarm someone attacking another person with a crowbar, by cutting into their arm from the side.
Yeah, that was me bragging. It is true, and that expieriance kinda told me that I can do something to help, and reasured me that I would do something in this instance.
At least, I feel that I would do something.
There are a lot of veryibles for the bystanders. Were they armed? Were they strong enough to not become victim #2? Although, I find it hard to believe that all 10 people were incapable of helping.

Back
Top Bottom