Middlesex County Gun Buyback Idiocy

That's only 100 working guns. Not much of a budget. Now why anyone would be willing to sell a working gun for $50 is beyond me (a few REALLY awful exceptions aside).

That's only 100 working guns. Not much of a budget. Now why anyone would be willing to sell a working gun for $50 is beyond me (a few REALLY awful exceptions aside).

FL being the unregulated state that it is, you'd think that people wouldn't have any problems with just doing a FTF sale somewhere, or placing it on consignment at a gun shop.

MA buybacks probably attract a lot of unlicensed people who have some deceased relative's old gun in a drawer or at the back of a closet somewhere, and don't have any idea how to get it out of their possession without committing multiple felonies and risking arrest. But simple possession doesn't require a license in FL and isn't a big deal unless you're a prohibited person.

It is not idiocy.

It is part of a campaign by an intelligent opponent to feed the mindset that private ownership of guns is bad.

On Fox last night they were bragging about "how many guns they took off the street" and and I could have sworn I saw a minty Browning Hi Power Practical being displayed. I wonder where that will end up???

PDs have gotten some bad press for destroying or nearly destroying things that have resale and/or historic value, like that StG44 that got turned in in CT a while ago that was thankfully intercepted by a knowledgeable officer and redirected to a museum.

Never heard of them directing folks to dealers.......it is actually a step in the right direction considering most of the turn ins are old widows who do know what to do with that old gun her deceased husband had in the closet. I saw a picture of the table full of guns after the Haverhill ma buyback a few years back......half of the long guns were lever action rifles (at least a dozen of them.....I'm sure one or two could have been pre '64 Winchester 94s) and I saw a pristine colt revolver! They need to start letting these old ladies take the cash rather than a $50 gift card.

But.......in true media / political bs fashion they posed behind the table and bragged about successfully getting bad guns of the street......you know.....cuz the bangers are all sporting Winchester 94s! WFT!

Last edited:
Looks like the bastards got themselves a Garand in the process. [sad2]

Watertown Gun Buyback Collects 50 Guns, Plus Ammunition

The first ever Watertown gun buyback brought in many weapons – including an assault rifle – along with some ammunition on Saturday.

Watertown Police Chief Michael Lawn was pleased with the event, which took place at First Parish Church, in conjunction with the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office and the Massachusetts State Police.

“It went very well,” Lawn said. “We collected 50 guns and a bunch of ammunition. One of the guns was a AR-15 assault rifle.”

The AR-15 is similar to the one used in the nightclub shooting in Orlando.

The event was a collaboration with other communities, and Watertown had one of the most successful buybacks so far. Last week, three communities – Belmont, Cambridge and Arlington – collected a combined 65 guns, according to the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office.

The weapons collected will be destroyed.

http://www.watertownmanews.com/2016/06/20/watertown-gun-buyback-collects-50-guns-plus-ammunition/

sVYyZUx.jpg

ygNHX0e.jpg

^^ So much for this comment:

"To clear up the confusion, if our armorer sees something of value, we direct them to a dealer. Most of the guns we receive are non-functioning, rusted and/or are in pieces. We would never take and destroy firearms that are worth a lot without letting the owner/person turning in know."

Garand and AR15 ?

^^ So much for this comment:

"To clear up the confusion, if our armorer sees something of value, we direct them to a dealer. Most of the guns we receive are non-functioning, rusted and/or are in pieces. We would never take and destroy firearms that are worth a lot without letting the owner/person turning in know."

Garand and AR15 ?

Looks like it might be a Tanker Garand ...

9ADRJ02.jpg

22AVTNL.jpg

Not original USGI, but not cheap either...

$2,199.95 from Fulton Armory (or it's a custom, DIY job by someone else)

http://www.fulton-armory.com/fultonarmoryusriflecal762mmm14-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2.aspx

Im waiting for one of these in western MA.
Ive got some ammo that needs to be disposed of.Im to lazy to pull it all down, the only thing that could be salvaged is the lead and it just isnt worth it.. and i dont have an accepptable place to soak it in desiel and burn it.

Its too much to throw in the trash, ive debated putting it in the buckets at the range alittle at a time or spreading it around the range but that's not really my style.

I also wouldn't want them using it for PR for gun control...i can see it now. "Look at all the extra killy teflon coated cop killers 55.666 caliber bullets we took off the street" they are pink in color too.

Back
Top Bottom