MFS is building a second indoor range

Here are some new pics:

newstore1234.JPG

newstore12.JPG

newstore123.JPG

newstore987.JPG

Before the nation wide shortage we purchased about 150 rifles, shotguns, and handguns. Since most of the firearms we have are out of stock at the distributor level we could cause a riot if we disclosed what we have. [smile]

We are going to try to email an inventory list to our members prior to opening.

Looks good enough for me to come wait in line. You all are doing a great first rate job. I'm sure there will be quite the crowd on opening day. Any thoughts of a deli style numbering system..... "now serving number 38"...[rofl]

Looks good enough for me to come wait in line. You all are doing a great first rate job. I'm sure there will be quite the crowd on opening day. Any thoughts of a deli style numbering system..... "now serving number 38"...[rofl]

We are expecting to have a deli style system in place. Our store will be open 7 days a week. Every day from 9am to 10pm except Wednesday's (9am to 6pm), and Sunday's (1pm to 5pm).

Hopefully our expanded hours will keep the crowd sizes down.

Store gets its final inspection tomorrow at 10am...will will start stocking the store after lunch.

The range is almost complete...all that is left is electric hookup for stall lights...gas hookup for heat...and the installation of the target retrieval system.

We are scrambling to get our final inspection in the next couple of days...

[smile]

Glad I just joined the range this past weekend. Hoping you guys will have everything finished by this Saturday so I can come check it out.

Whenever it does finally get opened I am just hoping that it doesnt cause the adding of extra classes. The number and volume of classes has diminished my enjoyment here considerably. Members are clearly well down on the priority list compared to classes so right now its almost an unuseable membership considering you cant get access to the service you pay for. Im sure they are wide open during the morning and mid day but like most people I work during those hours and am really paying to use the range when its convenient for me.

We keep getting told the new range will alleviate these problems but that keeps getting pushed out and like I said, Im concerned more classes will be added and members will continue having excessive delays.

Whenever it does finally get opened I am just hoping that it doesnt cause the adding of extra classes. The number and volume of classes has diminished my enjoyment here considerably. Members are clearly well down on the priority list compared to classes so right now its almost an unuseable membership considering you cant get access to the service you pay for. Im sure they are wide open during the morning and mid day but like most people I work during those hours and am really paying to use the range when its convenient for me.

We keep getting told the new range will alleviate these problems but that keeps getting pushed out and like I said, Im concerned more classes will be added and members will continue having excessive delays.

There have been certain time periods where things have been busy (unfortunately, for some members, the busy time has been the only time they are able to come to the range). We expect to return to normalcy once the new range is complete.

I'm going to have to agree with TheKingNothing here on this. I feel like MFS has taken advantage of members, and not lived up to the membership they originally sold to customers. I joined MFS in October of last year, and things have gone progressively downhill. I will say that the staff has been nothing but polite and recognized the issues, but there's only so far that really goes. I understand MFS makes the majority of money on its classes, but I have not been to MFS and not had to wait for at least an hour for open lanes (have been going almost weekly on Friday/Saturdays). There are 5 lanes, but at any one time, between 2-3 of these are "occupied" by classes, even when no one is in them, they keep them open for when the class is finished. I feel like MFS shouldn't have sold people memberships at ALL until they could accommodate. I think that "for some members, the busy time has been the only time they are able to come to the range" is a bit misleading as well, I'd say that the MAJORITY of members can't go shoot at 11am on Wednesday, but go after work. So in that case, I would say that its almost ALWAYS busy when customers want to come. The range isn't even open on Saturdays until 5pm because of the classes, and even after it opens for members, half the lanes are still tied up for classes. If you close the range all day so classes can go through, then there really shouldn't be classes once it opens up to members.

I'd also add that I brought my wife into take the Firearms Safety class, and as a member, I didn't get the $20 off discount on $100 classes, because it wasn't specifically for me (although I did sit in on it). After everything that's been going on at the range, I thought this would have been a foregone conclusion. I also agree that I worry that when the new range does open, that the quantity of classes will increase, and use up those lanes.

It's been very frustrating to spend $250 for a membership to watch Top Shot.

Guys, we know your pain [wink]

We do not expect there to be an increase in classes when the new range opens. On the contrary, we expect the number of classes to decrease over the next couple of weeks.

For over a month now recent political issues have sky rocketed class signups well beyond what is normal. We are starting to see things return to normal.

I didn't get the $20 off discount on $100 classes, because it wasn't specifically for me (although I did sit in on it).

Reach out to our office and we will credit you the $20.

Thanks. I really appreciate it. I really like the range, its a great place with great people. Staff and members. Nothing more frustrating though than driving 25 minutes to see 12 people in line and turn around and drive home. Either way, can't wait for the lanes! Should I even ask how long after until rifle calibers would be ready?

The new store looks great btw, are you guys fully stocked with ammo?

How'd the permitting go?
Do we have an opening date...?
Anticipation is a killer

Store was approved yesterday at 9:30am. We are waiting for some fixtures to arrive on Friday...expect to be selling guns either Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Working hard to get the building inspector to approve the range tomorrow. Will post if we can make it happen.

I believe they mentioned before the store was open to public. I'm curious about the 100yd range, haven't heard of it.

Post 2 of this thread they mention the 100 yard range that they put off for a year in June of 2012.

We had been working on a 100 yard indoor range…unfortunately, we decided to put that off for a year or so.

The new range, we are currently building, will be located in another part of our building.

Today is the day we hope to get our final inspection for the range. If all goes well we will be up and running tomorrow.

Concerning the store it will be open to the general public. We will be opening with over 150 firearms in stock (many of which are out of stock at the distributer level).

We will be emailing our members a sneak peek of our inventory and pricing prior to our opening. On the day of our opening we will post our complete inventory with pricing on NES.

After the range is complete, our plan is to devote considerable resources to creating a web site which showcases inventory in real time.

....We will be emailing our members a sneak peek of our inventory and pricing prior to our opening. On the day of our opening we will post our complete inventory with pricing on NES.

Excellent news. Thanks for the update. After members get the "sneak peek inventory email", will members be able to call and put a credit card deposit on a gun until they can get to the store to complete the purchase? Normal work hours would prevent some of us from being there right when the store initially opens.

Are we going to get that members first soft opening?
I know for a fact there are non-members ready to descend. It'd be nice to know that we're at least getting first crack for loyalty and support of the business.

Are we going to get that members first soft opening?
I know for a fact there are non-members ready to descend. It'd be nice to know that we're at least getting first crack for loyalty and support of the business.

Agreed. I also know of a few non-members that are just as anxious as the rest of us members to be "first in line". Let's face it, MFS has 150 weapons purchased before the craziness started. I don't see a problem with members having "first crack" at them.
They will be sold out very quickly no matter what, so why not get your money from your loyal base? Members are the ones who will be coming to the range and store on a regular basis, not just during a buying frenzy.

It isn't like MFS hasn't done this before as in when you had the seven AR style guns that were sold out very quickly after the mass email went out.

Just my .02 cents worth of an opinion...

Last edited:
Update...

Our range passed the inspection yesterday. However, we need to get some final paper work filed with the building inspector to make everything final.

Several of our staff spent over 10 hours yesterday getting the store ready. We believe it will take us as long as Thursday of next week to get everyone trained on doing gun transactions.

When we make our inventory public we will not be able to hold guns through phone calls or email. We tried doing that when we had several AR's for sale. It turned out to be very difficult to keep tract of who was getting what. We just don't have the organization at this time for such an endeavor.

Has the sneak peek email gone out yet, I'm not sure i got added to the mailing list I haven't gotten a single mail from MFS sinc I joined.

Back
Top Bottom