• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MFS is building a second indoor range

Mass Firearms

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
We are currently building a second indoor range (12 lanes). We do not have an open date yet (should know the open date in a couple of weeks).

We are hoping this new range will have 24hr access.

Stay tuned for details...

We believe construction will be completed in about 8 weeks. We are hoping to have a 24hr card access…however, we are still working on the details.

Hi. I recently took the basic safety class with you and am in the process of applying for my LTC. Once I get it, I plan to join MFS. The 24hr access to the new range is attractive to me because of my work schedule. I do have one question for you... Will there be a way to utilize the range guns after hours or will it be only for our own firearms?

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing the new range!
Adam

So 1/2 way thru October roughly for the opening?
Have you ever thought of a 180 degree type training area? Would fill a real missing gap in the indoor/public (ok, partially private) training realm. Kinda like an action pit inside.

Will we be able to use our own 12 gauge ammo in the new range or do we still need to buy from MFS?

Slugs are destructive to the backstop. Birdshot type loads blow apart the target holders. This is the reason why we require people to purchase our ammunition (the new range will likely have the same policy).

However, at $3.83 for a box of 00 Buckshot we offer the ammunition at a pretty good price.

What will the day/hours availability be on the new range?

I really like MFS. Took quite a few classes there before getting my LTC. Good people.

I'd strongly consider joining if the available range times were something along the 24/7ish lines of most gun clubs.

What will the day/hours availability be on the new range?

I really like MFS. Took quite a few classes there before getting my LTC. Good people.

I'd strongly consider joining if the available range times were something along the 24/7ish lines of most gun clubs.

At the very minimum the new range will allow our hours to expand to the following:

- 9am to 10pm Monday to Saturday.

- Sunday 1pm to 5pm.

We are still working on 24hr access. We have to jump through a few hoops to get the town on board.

12/1 is looking tough...

Here is our current schedule:

Week of 11/26 we will install the backstop and baffles.

Week of 12/1 we install the shooting stalls and the rest of the guts.

After that our hope is we can be done the week of the 10th or the 17th.

This is the second range we have built this year (both ranges together cost close to 1 million cash) [shocked]

It would be a bad idea at our current location...our neighbors would not approve [smile]

We would love to build a long range outdoor range, however, land is proving to be difficult to come by at this point. A 50yrd indoor range may be the more likely option.

Back
Top Bottom