• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MFS is building a second indoor range

Wanted to resurrect this thread. I was thinking of joining MFS and love all the past news on the school/range.

Can you comment on 24hr access at this point and the outdoor range prospect?

Wanted to resurrect this thread. I was thinking of joining MFS and love all the past news on the school/range.

Can you comment on 24hr access at this point and the outdoor range prospect?

Sorry it has taken so long to respond. Your post fell under our radar.

Our desire to provide 24hour access, unfortunately, was shot down by the town.

We are always looking to get an outdoor range but the door has not opened yet.

We do expect to have get an indoor rifle range up and running next year.

steve

Any chance you guys would consider opening another location inside 95? I love your operation and would love to take more classes and use the ranges more often or get a membership, but North Shore to Hopkington is too prohibitive drive time/traffic wise.

Any chance you guys would consider opening another location inside 95? I love your operation and would love to take more classes and use the ranges more often or get a membership, but North Shore to Hopkington is too prohibitive drive time/traffic wise.

Just butting in here, but I would imagine things get more expensive and more difficult (town permissions, permits, etc) the closer to Boston you go.

Probably a good point. Actually, for my purposes they could stay outside of 95 but just open a place a bit more Northeast. Like Billerica area or something.

In order for any small business to succeed, the owner/operator has to immerse himself in the day to day operation - hiring; inventory management; watching for employee theft; etc. This becomes exponentially more difficult as the number of locations expands. Add to this the constant capital demands for upgrading the flagship location, and it may not be practical to fund a second location.

Of course, the ideal is to get the business procedure nailed down so well that the owner can sell franchises all over the country, establish gues privileges in other cities, and rake in the royalties.

Back
Top Bottom