MFS is building a second indoor range

We were certainly hoping to have everything completed by now. All the major construction is completed.

We are now doing the finish work (painting, welding, and building the target retrieval system).

We will be working through Christmas. We would certainly expect to be completed by the 4th but we will see.

We were certainly hoping to have everything completed by now. All the major construction is completed.

We are now doing the finish work (painting, welding, and building the target retrieval system).

We will be working through Christmas. We would certainly expect to be completed by the 4th but we will see.

Excellent. Looking forward to it. Just wondering, is there WiFi in the waiting area to use while waiting for a open lane? Just a thought?

What's the time frame at this point?
Will there be RSO walking the line when the new range opens? I'm no FUDD, but there's have Def been some people with questionable safety habits in the current range?
What are the current expected hours of availability?
And I'm guessing a lot of members will like this: Has there been any thoughts about a lane reservation system for members?

What's the time frame at this point?

Well, considering we were planning to have the range finished in September I hesitate to be too dogmatic about a specific completion date. I can tell you that our air system should be fully operational by the week of January 7th.

We have every expectation that everything else will be completed by that time. We will see.

Will there be RSO walking the line when the new range opens? I'm no FUDD, but there's have Def been some people with questionable safety habits in the current range?

I am unaware of any safety issues at our range. We have strict rules concerning the safe handling of firearms. We also enforce those rules.

We are not a public range. Therefore, we should not have the safety issues that are a problem at some ranges. If you see an issue you need to alert a staff member about it.

My expectation is we will follow our existing program of oversight. If that program displays weaknesses we will make whatever changes are needed.

What are the current expected hours of availability?

At this time our hours will expand to Monday to Saturday from 9am to 10pm…Sunday from 1pm to 5pm.

We are still investigating the possibility of offering 24 hour access.

Has there been any thoughts about a lane reservation system for members?

We don’t expect the need for a reservation program initially. However, we will develop a program as soon it is necessary.

Had a fantastic time at the new facility last night (took a free refresher). The current 5 lane range was a pleasant surprise at the end of the night.

Looking forward to the new 12 lane range opening.

Sorry, but I have to strongly disagree. I was there this past Monday with my wife and we did NOT observe any "questionable safety" issues what so ever. As a matter of fact, everyone we met followed all proper safety protocols and cleaned up after using their lanes. They have the video feed of the range right out to the waiting area/store area. Even while waiting for a lane, everything looked just fine.

Had a fantastic time at the new facility last night (took a free refresher). The current 5 lane range was a pleasant surprise at the end of the night.

Looking forward to the new 12 lane range opening.

Totally agree. I'm a new member, but had a great time and was impressed. Went to the back area and saw the new 12 lane under construction and it is looking good. They were also working on the new store front area.

what are the membership fees? i just dropped of my app (iand initiation and membership fees) at a new range this weekend as i havent heard about pricing at MFS yet.

what are the membership fees? i just dropped of my app (iand initiation and membership fees) at a new range this weekend as i havent heard about pricing at MFS yet.

$250 per year, plus a $20 one time fee. I thought it was reasonable for a private range without all the politic's of a private club. I enjoyed it. [smile] I plan on getting my money's worth... LOL

The range is coming along...

Here is a pic of the entry for the new retail store we are building:

mfsstore.jpg

What is the ETA for the opening of the retail store; and will it be a full FFL with an active inventory as well as handle transfers? Cuz that would be awesome.

Our store will be a full service FFL (including transfers). We are expecting to have a large inventory of firearms and ammunition.

We don’t want to be too optimistic about our opening date. We are hoping for the week of the 14th.

In the store we will have 3 cash registers, all equipped with fingerprint readers for gun transactions.

We will be opening with some pretty amazing deals.

Our store will be a full service FFL (including transfers). We are expecting to have a large inventory of firearms and ammunition.

We don’t want to be too optimistic about our opening date. We are hoping for the week of the 14th.

In the store we will have 3 cash registers, all equipped with fingerprint readers for gun transactions.

We will be opening with some pretty amazing deals.

Sounds great! Will range members get any special "pre-opening" deals before you are open to the public? [smile]

It's possible the new range could be done next week. The next couple of days will give us a better idea.

***Update...

Shooting stalls and benches will be finished this week.

Our air system should be finished by the end of next week.

The only potential delay we are looking at is the assembly and installation of our custom target retrieval system. The target retrievers we have developed are going to be very high end. The engineer who designed and fabricated them really struggles with OCD…he is working hard to make sure they are perfect.

Because we have not acquired all the components for the retrieval system it is likely safe to assume the range should be completed the week of the 21st.

With our ability to get this project completed by our target date (9/1/12) we really should work for the government. [wink]

Last edited:
Wow, your range/store and progress look amazing. I am not far from there. I am definitely going to have to check this place out sometime. Awesome. Great work!

Back
Top Bottom