MFS is building a second indoor range

Range update…

We have incorporated a number of sound mitigation technologies in our new range. Today, we tested a sound absorption material in our existing range with great effect.

I have really sensitive ears which force me to always use double hearing protection when in the range (muffs and plugs).

After installing this new material, shockingly, I was able to comfortably remove my hearing protection while people where shooting .22lr handguns. The sound was not much louder than it would be outdoors. I was amazed at how effective the material was (hearing protection is still required for all shooters [wink]).

Today, I was also able to be the first person to shoot in the new range (1 round from a Ruger LCR, .38spl).

We have several engineers responsible for our range construction (structural, range design, air handling, electrical). Their design and the resulting construction must be signed off by the building inspector (as well as plumbing and electrical inspectors).

Both the fire chief and the police chief also need to sign off.

Once everyone signs off we are good to go.

Last edited:
Here is the latest pic of the store...

newstore11.JPG

Here is a pic of the new shooting stalls we fabricated. We used 1/4" steel encased in particle board. We used a thick coat of Rhino Lining for the exterior.

newstalls.JPG

any update on the caliber testing? Was finally able to shoot my Mosin-Nagant last week up in Vermont, would love to be able to bring it to the range with me. Also, the place looks great keep up the good work!

We don’t have a grand opening date yet. It appears both the store and the range may open the week of the 21st. Here are the details:

Range:

- On Monday the air handling system will be completed.
- By the end of next week we are certain to have everything in the range completed except the target retrieval system.
- The target retrieval system will be the last part of the range to be finished. If we do not finish it next week it should be completed the following week.
- The range should open, at the latest, the week of the 21st.

Store:
- Monday and Tuesday we will complete the lighting for the store.
- All the store construction will be completed next week.
- The only “unknown” concerning the store is setting up the point of sale stations. This should not be a big project but there is a chance it may not until the week of the 21st (at this time I am not sure when our credit card terminals will arrive).

What will be in the store? In this climate I know a lot of dealers are having trouble getting stock. Do you have guns coming, brands? Will the ammo be the same as you are currently selling or will the selection be expanded when you open the store? Will you be carrying a good assortment of accessories?

I don't know whether or not to be excited or scared to have a shop 5 minutes from my house in a place I go twice a week. This could get dangerous for my wallet.

We will be expanding what we currently stock for ammunition and accessories.

Most of our buying took place before the current supply difficulties so we have a lot of firearms and accessories you cannot find anywhere else.

Most of the firearms we sell will be included in our Try Before You Buy program (our Barrett in .50bmg won’t be included in this).

We will be expanding what we currently stock for ammunition and accessories.

Most of our buying took place before the current supply difficulties so we have a lot of firearms and accessories you cannot find anywhere else.

Most of the firearms we sell will be included in our Try Before You Buy program (our Barrett in .50bmg won’t be included in this).

Thanks for the update. I know I kinda hinted about it before, but I'll be one of those "pain in the a$$" types and ask about any discounts or pre-opening time for range members only (before it is open to the general public)? [wink]

I'm sorry, but I've used some of the ranges guns to get a feeling for different guns. A great benefit of being a range member. I don't remember anybody mentioning the "Try Before You Buy Program". Is there a link on your site or is it someplace else I missed.

Our Try Before You Buy Program is being developed as we speak. The program will change the way people shop for firearms. Instead of just gawking at displays, at MFS, shoppers will be able to try out guns they are interested in before they buy them.

Members can already do this to some extent. Our new program will give the added benefit of being able to purchase a single magazine for a firearm as opposed to buying a whole box of ammunition.

We are also working on a special purchasing program for members. Such a program probably won’t be chiseled out until after our grand opening.

All these updates sound amazing. So happy to be a member here. Once the new lanes are open, should be even better. Thanks for making such a kick ass range for us.

Our Try Before You Buy Program is being developed as we speak. The program will change the way people shop for firearms. Instead of just gawking at displays, at MFS, shoppers will be able to try out guns they are interested in before they buy them.

Members can already do this to some extent. Our new program will give the added benefit of being able to purchase a single magazine for a firearm as opposed to buying a whole box of ammunition.

We are also working on a special purchasing program for members. Such a program probably won’t be chiseled out until after our grand opening.

Thanks for the explanation. Maybe as the opening day gets closer, range members can at least get an early email letting us know, so I can ...cough...cough... maybe call in a sick day from work to attend the grand opening. Hope the boss isn't reading this..

We don’t have a grand opening date yet. It appears both the store and the range may open the week of the 21st. Here are the details:

Range:

- On Monday the air handling system will be completed.
- By the end of next week we are certain to have everything in the range completed except the target retrieval system.
- The target retrieval system will be the last part of the range to be finished. If we do not finish it next week it should be completed the following week.
- The range should open, at the latest, the week of the 21st.

Store:
- Monday and Tuesday we will complete the lighting for the store.
- All the store construction will be completed next week.
- The only “unknown” concerning the store is setting up the point of sale stations. This should not be a big project but there is a chance it may not until the week of the 21st (at this time I am not sure when our credit card terminals will arrive).

Any update on the Grand Opening? Any more pictures to post? [smile] Yep, I'm anxious....

We are making good progress on both the range and the store.

We are pushing hard to get people shooting in the range this Saturday (will post new pics shortly).

We were hoping to get the store open by this Friday. However, we have directed all our contractors to make the range the highest priority. This may push the store opening off till next week.

Before the nation wide shortage we purchased about 150 rifles, shotguns, and handguns. Since most of the firearms we have are out of stock at the distributer level we could cause a riot if we disclosed what we have. [smile]

We are going to try to email an inventory list to our members prior to opening.

Before the nation wide shortage we purchased about 150 rifles, shotguns, and handguns. Since most of the firearms we have are out of stock at the distributer level we could cause a riot if we disclosed what we have. [smile]

Smart and wise idea to email members prior to opening. Anxiously waiting.

Smart and wise idea to email members prior to opening. Anxiously waiting.

a soft opening is when the shop opens for general business before the big reveal of a "Grand Opening". Gives them the ability to test out the registers/systems and how things work in the new place. It's typically not advertised beyond a small group of people in the event it goes sideways.

Back
Top Bottom