Methuen police brag on Facebook about raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Middle East. If this is what you are implying, you are indeed being dishonest.

I'm not here to start a debate and will not write any further. But I have to make some things clear! There is way more to the story than you all know. We had NOTHING to do or say about high cap mags. A week prior a Lebanese man from Methuen was DENIED a firearms purchase by the NICS check. A week later another Lebanese man from Methuen came in and bought the same firearms. During that time, they were calling the store everyday for over a week asking us to turn it into a pistol, and put a silencer on it. So, a red flag came up that it was a STRAW purchase. And that is what we reported. Nothing More! And turned out we were right!

you read what they said. Tell me what is going on here.

1. One lebonese man is denied a purchase, legally.

2. Another lebonese man legally buys the same gun the previous guy failed to buy. NSF calls the cops on him because of the previous dude.

Please answer me this:

1. One white man is denied a purchase after a NCIS check.

2. Another white man walks in (a ****ing week later) and legally buys the same gun the previous guy failed to buy.

Does NSF call the police on the 2nd white guy who buys the gun?

Last edited:
NoOoOoOo Flintoid, you missed the explanation: if they *suspect* you've *maybe* made a straw purchase from them, after they've sold you the guns (instead of just denying the sale) they get RIGHT on the horn with local PD.

Bonus points if you inquire about things that are legal in other states but not in the PRM.

But there's no crime if the gun is not sold. Can't really make that call then...

Methuen Strong!

I don't know anyone from this shop, I've never been to this shop, but from their own posts it seems like they find Lebanese people who ask questions "suspicious." Maybe I'm reading something into it that isn't there. (But then again it IS there so.....)

I'm generally sympathetic to your point of view here, but I think that all NSF is saying is that a guy of a specific nationality (I don't know how large the Lebanese population there is) wanted some guns, but got rejected, and then, coincidentally, another Lebanese guy came in and bought those very same guns. NSF thought "possible straw purchase". I can understand the flag going up. Doesn't matter if the guys were French. One guy bought the guns the prohibited guy wanted, and maybe they only see five French guys a year. Not sure I agree with NSF on everything else, though.

Maybe some people here don't know that there are a lot of Lebanese Christians, and many of them live here in the US. I used to work for one, and shot guns with his kid brother, back in Worcester.

Just read this in the paper, I cant seem to find anything the kid did wrong. Everything he had and was inquiring about should be completely legal and unregulated, I for one will no longer be giving northshore firearms any business, shame I did like that shop.

This is how a police state works. Everyone lives in fear. The pressure of that fear results in submission to authority, even preemptively. The authority trumpets their success, always focusing on the "crimes" they "prevented" -- generally because the reality is no crime and no victim. Finger pointing ensues. All learn a valuable lesson: In a police state you have friends and enemies. Your friends are few and you know them intimately. Everyone else is the potential enemy. People turn inward. They live with distrust and fear of others. The state's power grows. In the end, a nation of free men morphs into a population of serfs, heads down, submissive, and alive only in the most irrelevant technical sense of the word.

This is how a police state works. Everyone lives in fear. The pressure of that fear results in submission to authority, even preemptively. The authority trumpets their success, always focusing on the "crimes" they "prevented" -- generally because the reality is no crime and no victim. Finger pointing ensues. All learn a valuable lesson: In a police state you have friends and enemies. Your friends are few and you know them intimately. Everyone else is the potential enemy. People turn inward. They live with distrust and fear of others. The state's power grows. In the end, a nation of free men morphs into a population of serfs, heads down, submissive, and alive only in the most irrelevant technical sense of the word.

+1

I'm generally sympathetic to your point of view here, but I think that all NSF is saying is that a guy of a specific nationality (I don't know how large the Lebanese population there is) wanted some guns, but got rejected, and then, coincidentally, another Lebanese guy came in and bought those very same guns. NSF thought "possible straw purchase". I can understand the flag going up. Doesn't matter if the guys were French. One guy bought the guns the prohibited guy wanted, and maybe they only see five French guys a year. Not sure I agree with NSF on everything else, though.

Maybe some people here don't know that there are a lot of Lebanese Christians, and many of them live here in the US. I used to work for one, and shot guns with his kid brother, back in Worcester.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. If nothing else they should consider letting someone else do the internet posting.

(EDIT: For what it's worth, there are a ton of Lebanese people in the US. Most of them are here legally and most of them are Christian. Not that it matters.)

(EDIT2: And some of them are hot. Not that it matters.)

Miss_USA_2010_Rima_Fakih.jpg

OK, maybe that matters just a little bit.

Last edited:
Just because someone asks about silencers and an SBR or whatever, means that you get the cops called on you? It must be for the children.

I hope NSF goes bankrupt, and has to eat out of dumpsters.

QFTFT

Just because someone asks about silencers and an SBR or whatever, means that you get the cops called on you? It must be for the children.

Only if you hail from Lebanon... and have a fake ID? I don't know, I didn't really follow the whole "fake identification" thing.

I hope NSF goes bankrupt, and has to eat out of dumpsters.

They also allegedly asked about converting the WASR to take double stack mags. And he allegedly had a fake ID that was somehow allegedly discovered after the fact.

2. Another lebonese man legally buys the same gun the previous guy failed to buy. NSF calls the cops on him because of the previous dude.

Please answer me this:

2. Another white man walks in (a ****ing week later) and legally buys the same gun the previous guy failed to buy.

I don't get what is suspicious about a LEBANESE guy going into a shop to buy a gun and getting turned down by the NICS check and another LEBANESE guy coming in a week later and buying the same gun.

I hope they don't start pulling this crap with WASPS named Smith and Jones.

Just for the record. I said something Flintoid agreed with.

I think there is more to this than what NSF posted. Unfortunately they must not have seen the video where the lawyer says "do not talk" don't give any statements because the court of NES will use it against you.

I've browsed NSF before as they are local to me. Over priced ammo and hit or miss service. From what I hear fair prices on firearms though.

Devils advocate,

NSF never says anything and this guy and his father shoot up a mall with an AK (WASR) modified to fully automatic. In the aftermath it comes out from the Phone records that they called NSF multiple times as well as having bought the gun there and NSF is in a world of shit. They are now in danger of getting shut down while the Sate and Feds crawl over them with a microscope.
You're telling me that if it was your business, your livelihood and you had suspicions of something funny going on you wouldn't say anything?
Tough call without ALL the FACTS.

I think there is more to this than what NSF posted. Unfortunately they must not have seen the video where the lawyer says "do not talk" don't give any statements because the court of NES will use it against you.

I've browsed NSF before as they are local to me. Over priced ammo and hit or miss service. From what I hear fair prices on firearms though.

Devils advocate,

NSF never says anything and this guy and his father shoot up a mall with an AK (WASR) modified to fully automatic. In the aftermath it comes out from the Phone records that they called NSF multiple times as well as having bought the gun there and NSF is in a world of shit. They are now in danger of getting shut down while the Sate and Feds crawl over them with a microscope.
You're telling me that if it was your business, your livelihood and you had suspicions of something funny going on you wouldn't say anything?

This is a joke, right?

So because they might save just 1 life, it makes it ok?? Hmmm, that sounds familiar.

We are seriously doomed with people like you posting on this forum. Idiot.

Wha..... what sort of mindless drivel is this?? You're kidding, right? This could theoretically happen after ANY FIREARM SALE EVER not just when the Lebanese are involved. NSF might as well give up selling guns, then there's no risk!

Unbelievable.

Wha..... what sort of mindless drivel is this?? You're kidding, right? This could theoretically happen after ANY FIREARM SALE EVER not just when the Lebanese are involved. NSF might as well give up selling guns, then there's no risk!

Unbelievable.

Yup.

You didn't understand him though. It might save 1 life. Didn't you see that part?

Yup.

You didn't understand him though. It might save 1 life. Didn't you see that part?

No, I didn't! I formally apologize, Shiprec13. One life is all the justification I need.

Where do I turn in my AR? Do I just return it to NSF? That sounds kinda risky. My neighbor has a dog, you see, and you KNOW how these LEO types are with dogs....

Or will it be alright because I'm a white, cis-gendered male and the name on my LTC matches the one on my birth certificate AND my signed Heather Carolin photograph?

No, I didn't! I formally apologize, Shiprec13. One life is all the justification I need.

Where do I turn in my AR? Do I just return it to NSF? That sounds kinda risky. My neighbor has a dog, you see, and you KNOW how these LEO types are with dogs....

Or will it be alright because I'm a white, cis-gendered male and the name on my LTC matches the one on my birth certificate AND my signed Heather Carolin photograph?

Eh, check your reps [rofl2]

Bottom line, IMFO, is that the Methuem PD should just shut the fug up on their jackass Facebook page. Totally unprofessional!

Now comes the name calling from the keyboard cage fighters. I never said anything about "if it saves just one child". I simply laid out an alternate scenario and pointed out that people shouldn't be judging others unless they have been in their shoes.
Its ironic the way some of you guys jump on anybody that does'nt share the exact same opinion you have, the same way the Antis can't accept the fact we like our guns and want the freedom to enjoy shooting.
Lastly I never endorsed what NSF did.

Devils Advocate:

In common parlance, a devil's advocate is someone who, given a certain argument, takes a position he or she does not necessarily agree with, for the sake of debate. In taking this position, the individual taking on the devil's advocate role seeks to engage others in an argumentative discussion process.

Please answer me this:

No idea. I don't work for NSF. I'm not agreeing with their actions at all. I'm simply saying based on their words, there were more factors that lead them to call the police besides him being Lebanese. That was my point. Whether they were right or wrong for doing so, is another issue. But certain people have focused on the fact he was Lebanese, and ignored the 3 other things that certainly played a role in their decision.

So to answer your question, if the only factor that was different was the color of their skin, and the NICS denial, repeated calling asking about illegal things, and fake ID were still there, it would be logical that they would have still called the police. They still would have probably been wrong.

No idea. I don't work for NSF. I'm not agreeing with their actions at all. I'm simply saying based on their words, there were more factors that lead them to call the police besides him being Lebanese. That was my point. Whether they were right or wrong for doing so, is another issue. But certain people have focused on the fact he was Lebanese, and ignored the 3 other things that certainly played a role in their decision. So to answer your question, if the only factor that was different was the color of their skin, and the NICS denial, repeated calling asking about illegal things, and fake ID were still there, it would be logical that they would have still called the police. They still would have probably been wrong.

Which three other things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom