Methuen police brag on Facebook about raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
- A Lebanese felon from Methuen tries to buy a rifle and fails the NICS check
- A week later another Lebanese fell shows up to buy the same firearm
- An ID with the wrong name is presented

And apparently they sell it anyway? What is this, Fast and Furious 3.0?

The response to those questions in most states would be "No problem, which suppressor would you like me to order?"

Yes, sadly for MA. And in many parts of Europe it would be followed by, "Will that be cash or credit? Have a nice day" and they walk out with it.

You're assuming the ID belonged to the 24 year old which we don't know. It would seem unlikely that NSF would continue the sale if it were the case, but who knows.

I'm not, I'm noting that the entire situation was fishy enough to prompt a call to the feds but apparently not fishy enough to say "no thanks, we don't want your business."

Sounds like there were no open seats on the failbus in this case. Standing room only.

I'm not, I'm noting that the entire situation was fishy enough to prompt a call to the feds but apparently not fishy enough to say "no thanks, we don't want your business."

Sounds like there were no open seats on the failbus in this case. Standing room only.

From what NSF posted, and based just on that, they, NSF, pieced all of this together after the sale. That's how I read it, I could be wrong.

From what NSF posted, and based just on that, they, NSF, pieced all of this together after the sale. That's how I read it, I could be wrong.

So it is normal policy for a store in mass to sell to someone who presents a drivers license with a different name from the LTC?

Does anyone else see something wrong with that picture?

Note: this is not an endorsement of the Mass LTC system.

I am going to withhold judgment on this one until the facts which have been presented are ironed out for clarification purposes. Even with the inside scoop from NSF we are still scratching our heads.

1. We are not sure who had the fake id
  2. We don't know the actual timeline
  3. We aren't sure who made the phone calls
  4. We don't know the last names on the id's

I can make assumptions all day but I really don't know what happened. I would not want to be judged based on assumption and speculation so I try not to be hypocritcal and force that upon anyone else (or business).

One thing I think that we all can agree on, The Methuen Police FB sucks. Banana clips?
Like these from the 80's
banana_clip.jpg

or these to keep them from turning brown? -
Nana-saver.jpg

NSF - Thanks for the info so far.

Yes, sadly for MA. And in many parts of Europe it would be followed by, "Will that be cash or credit? Have a nice day" and they walk out with it.

Yeah. Here it's "hmmm. You sound suspicious. I'm telling the Feds. Better hide your dog."

The moral of the story is to be careful who you conduct business with.

Well, his father calling the store for a week asking to convert a rifle to a pistol and suppressing it could certainly qualify as the "suspicious behavior."

You're assuming the ID belonged to the 24 year old which we don't know. It would seem unlikely that NSF would continue the sale if it were the case, but who knows.

You don't see what is suspicious when a family member of a felon with a fake ID who was just denied purchase of a firearm purchases the same firearm while continually asking to convert it to a pistol with a suppressor?

An insurance company wanted me to give a testimony over the phone and tape record it. When they called I asked them how they could be certain they were speaking with the right person. Even though I told them my name there was no way the insurance company could be certain they were speaking with the correct person.

The same applies to NSF. I would want to know how they were certain the callers, asking about silencers etc. were who NSF thought they were.

An insurance company wanted me to give a testimony over the phone and tape record it. When they called I asked them how they could be certain they were speaking with the right person. Even though I told them my name there was no way the insurance company could be certain they were speaking with the correct person.

The same applies to NSF. I would want to know how they were certain the callers, asking about silencers etc. were who NSF thought they were.

Bingo.

About the only thing that is certain is that MA gun law sucks. That and this incident is best described as a tangled extension cord mess. [laugh]

More....

Authorities said they are investigating what Mokad planned to do with the weapons and high capacity clips. A judge ordered him held on $15,000 bail and to surrender his passport. If convicted on the charges, he could face up to 10 years in state prison.

Massachusetts has among the most restrictive gun control laws in the nation, but they do allow gun owners to carry registered assault rifles for use at gun clubs and hunting. Methuen police said Mokad's licenses for the confiscated weapons have ben revoked. [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Authorities said mass shootings over the past several months at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and the Washington, D. C., Navy Yard have resulted in greater public awareness of possible gun law violations

Tipped by gun dealer, police seize assault rifles from college student's bedroom » Z_CNHI News Service » News and Tribune

Authorities said they were tipped to the weapons cache when the student's father called a gun store to ask how to modify an assault rilfe to fire a 30-round clip. They said the father also inquired about purchasing a silencer for the rifle.

Detective Charles Dejesus of the Methuen Police Department said the person who took the call at North Shore Firearms in Middleton, Mass., advised the caller the "items he was inquiring about were illegal" and promptly notified authorities.

[thinking]

I tried to reply to someone else's post but it didn't work the way I wanted. lol. I don't know how to do all the stuff on here.

- - - Updated - - -

No, we found out that later. it wasn't even his real name. Boy things get twisted around on here.
So it is normal policy for a store in mass to sell to someone who presents a drivers license with a different name from the LTC?

Does anyone else see something wrong with that picture?

Note: this is not an endorsement of the Mass LTC system.

I tried to reply to someone else's post but it didn't work the way I wanted. lol. I don't know how to do all the stuff on here.

- - - Updated - - -

No, we found out that later. it wasn't even his real name. Boy things get twisted around on here.

NSF, IMO your best action here is to simply say: "Look, this is all still developing and we respectfully decline to participate any further in the discussion"

and then stay off NES for a couple days. This will all be forgotten.

Either the kid and/or his dad are some wannabee terrorists or some naive but well intended gun enthusiasts, or something in between.

We contacted the local police of a suspicious person and activity. That's it, geezzz nothing about high cap mags. We didn't call the Feds. And yes I felt very uncomfortable and it's my job to report things that I feel should be reported. What happened after that was totally out of our hands.

We contacted the local police of a suspicious person and activity. That's it, geesss nothing about high cap mags. We didn't call the Feds. And yes I felt very uncomfortable and it's my job to report things that I feel should be reported. What happened after that was totally out of our hands.

See Something, Say Something. Keep the community safe. It's your DUTY.

See Something, Say Something. Keep the community safe. It's your DUTY.

it's my job to report things that I feel should be reported.

It sounds like it is his legal obligation. Unfortunately, an FFL doesn't get to pick and choose which rules they follow, not if they want to stay in business. Tite Group is the proof of that.

It sounds like it is his legal obligation. Unfortunately, an FFL doesn't get to pick and choose which rules they follow, not if they want to stay in business. Tite Group is the proof of that.

There's a rule that if someone sounds "suspicious" you need to call the police?

There's a rule that if someone sounds "suspicious" you need to call the police?

Only if they asked about a suppressor (I mean SILENCER!)

- - - Updated - - -

We contacted the local police of a suspicious person and activity. That's it, geezzz nothing about high cap mags. We didn't call the Feds. And yes I felt very uncomfortable and it's my job to report things that I feel should be reported. What happened after that was totally out of our hands.

Brown, check.
Muslim sounding name, check.
Asked about a silencer, check.
Bought a commie rifle, check.

Round him up boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom