Methuen police brag on Facebook about raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with NFS. I have no problem with profiling. I have a problem with ANY gunshop that makes a sale to someone using a fake ID. I have a problem with felons owning guns, as some have suggested they should be allowed. Great, let's make all the ghetto thugs LEGAL gun owners so that next time they shoot 15 people or a small infant, the LEGAL posession of guns is attacked. This thread has really shown some "unique" positions, to say the least.

The fact that LEGAL firearm possession would be attacked is irrelevant - the person committing the crime already broke other laws against those crimes, hoping they would respect the laws prohibiting them from getting a firearm is idiotic, and yet this is what your argument is based on.

Yes, all ghetto thugs that are out of jail deserve to be able to defend themselves, just like every other free person. If they are a danger to society, find a way to keep them in prison. As soon as they step out, they have the right and responsibility to protect their life from other criminals. And yes, throw the violent criminals in jail for long terms, and even longer if they use a gun... but leave the free people free.

And your last (bolded) attack is straight from the progressive playbook - pretend that the positions of the other party are so outlandish that you can just laugh at them... Whatever it takes to avoid actually trying to make a point as to why they might be wrong, because you lack the data and the ability to reason well enough to do so. After all Piers Morgan makes a living doing exactly that - getting fake infuriated at how ridiculous the positions of pro-freedom people are in order to avoid explaining why he thinks they are wrong.

I said FELONS. An .08 is not a felony. As for "prohibited person" isn't that a M******* law? Change it, vote the democrats out. Oh, I forgot, most of the loudmouths here are boycotting the voting polls![rolleyes] "I'm pissed about what the polititician are doing, but I refuse to vote"??????????????

Are you OK?

I said FELONS. An .08 is not a felony. As for "prohibited person" isn't that a M******* law? Change it, vote the democrats out. Oh, I forgot, most of the loudmouths here are boycotting the voting polls![rolleyes] "I'm pissed about what the polititician are doing, but I refuse to vote"??????????????

Like voting makes a ****ing difference?

You're talking about Massachusetts. Someone could eat a baby while dancing naked with Satan on national TV and still get elected if they have a (D) at the end of their name.

Gun owners in MA aren't the ones who caused this mess, and their aren't enough gun owners in MA to fix it. They're just a small minority that keeps getting kicked in the balls.

<- lived in MA for 27 years. Voted in every election since I turned 18. I was 28 the first time someone I voted for one, and he turned out to be an anti-freedom RINO.

Just because NFS was the one that called the cops, don't think the FED'S will not be checking NFS to see if they crossed all the t's, and dotted the i's.

Yes, all ghetto thugs that are out of jail deserve to be able to defend themselves, just like every other free person. If they are a danger to society, find a way to keep them in prison.

Puleeze.....Who sounds like a Progressive. I'm so glad you are for gangbangers rights. MS13 members too? Muslim Al Quaida members too? Gimme a break.

Puleeze.....Who sounds like a Progressive. I'm so glad you are for gangbangers rights. MS13 members too? Muslim Al Quaida members too? Gimme a break.

Give you a break? Your position is someone is dangerous to society only if they have a gun? MS13 won't cause me harm as long as they're a prohibited person?

You really think gang bangers worry about NICS checks? Maybe you need some rest.

I read the story, and seeing his name as 'Jad Ali Mokad' wonder if there might be more to the story. I'm not against a certain amount of racial profiling.....

For eg. what if they suspect the guy to be some sort of terrorist, but all they could get him for at that moment was the bullshit hicap& storage violation?

It's not like they haven't dropped the ball in the past.

Most of the terrorism is perpetrated BY the alphabet agencies.

I have no problem with NFS. I have no problem with profiling. I have a problem with ANY gunshop that makes a sale to someone using a fake ID. I have a problem with felons owning guns, as some have suggested they should be allowed. Great, let's make all the ghetto thugs LEGAL gun owners so that next time they shoot 15 people or a small infant, the LEGAL posession of guns is attacked. This thread has really shown some "unique" positions, to say the least.

Why would you care if Martha Stewart or Mark Wahlberg owns a gun? Doesn't really affect you.

You assume that all prohibited persons are "ghetto thugs." Got caught sharing insider stock info? PP. Blew a .08 after getting pulled over for a broken tail light 20 years ago? PP. Meanwhile truly dangerous felons are released from short prison stays and the first thing they do is go steal a gun from someone. The law doesn't stop them, and they know that even if they do get caught they'll just get tossed into the briar patch for a short vacation.

By the way we don't actually know if this person was a felon or not. NICS checks can come back denied for lots of reasons. Could have been something administrative.

Or could have had his name on a list that no one has access to and can't question why they might be on that list. some call it the no fly list but I am willing to bet it is also a no buy list as well

- - - Updated - - -

Give you a break? Your position is someone is dangerous to society only if they have a gun? MS13 won't cause me harm as long as they're a prohibited person?
I thought they liked to use Machetes?

This is how a police state works. Everyone lives in fear. The pressure of that fear results in submission to authority, even preemptively. The authority trumpets their success, always focusing on the "crimes" they "prevented" -- generally because the reality is no crime and no victim. Finger pointing ensues. All learn a valuable lesson: In a police state you have friends and enemies. Your friends are few and you know them intimately. Everyone else is the potential enemy. People turn inward. They live with distrust and fear of others. The state's power grows. In the end, a nation of free men morphs into a population of serfs, heads down, submissive, and alive only in the most irrelevant technical sense of the word.

That was very well said. I can't rep you any more.

Didn't realize after becoming a PP they no longer had guns. Good thing no states are abusing the allowances on restricting freedoms. /sarcasm.

This is always how it starts. We start to accept limits on freedom and we are promised that these restrictions will only be placed on the worst bad guys like MS13 and AL Qaeda. Then that bar is lowered one rung at a time. Smoke a plant the government doesn't like, or break some abstract law, you are now a PP. Support the Constitution or assert your 4A rights? Raise suspicion and get searched and charged with some Bullshit unconstitutional crime and become a PP.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Out of jail/mental hospital adult == right to bear arms. Constitutional carry - as simple as that.

EDIT: I also support the right of Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, KS. (Pastor: Fred Phelps.) to spew their hate - not because I agree with their horrific statements, but because freedom is for all or it is for nobody. If you try to suppress the right of speech of people you hate, you are working towards suppressing your own rights.

Works for freedom of speech, works for the right to bear arms: everybody must have it, or in the end nobody will.

Last edited:
Or could have had his name on a list that no one has access to and can't question why they might be on that list. some call it the no fly list but I am willing to bet it is also a no buy list as well

The no fly list is not used as a no-buy list, though there have been proposals to use it thusly.

When I took the ATF dealer training (I am not a dealer, I took the free course to be better informed) we were told that persons on the Secret Service "watch list" would receive denials. We were not informed exactly what this was, or what statutory basis there was for issuing a denial to someone on a "watch list" who was not a PP.

The no fly list is not used as a no-buy list, though there have been proposals to use it thusly.

When I took the ATF dealer training (I am not a dealer, I took the free course to be better informed) we were told that persons on the Secret Service "watch list" would receive denials. We were not informed exactly what this was, or what statutory basis there was for issuing a denial to someone on a "watch list" who was not a PP.

Sounds like a dictionary definition of Capricious.

BTW, USAir is the only name on my "no fly" list.

Wow.

I have been trying to stay out of the dog pile threads lately because I get the feeling that they are turning away a lot of good members, but this one is something else. I would say I am so happy to be moving to NH and getting away from the MA statist attitude, but it seems one of these posters is showing me that it lives everywhere.

Freedom and Liberty, unless that person is darker then me and talks funny. Awesome.

Well this is no longer true.

I am going to withhold judgment on this one until the facts which have been presented are ironed out for clarification purposes. Even with the inside scoop from NSF we are still scratching our heads.

1. We are not sure who had the fake id
  2. We don't know the actual timeline
  3. We aren't sure who made the phone calls
  4. We don't know the last names on the id's

I can make assumptions all day but I really don't know what happened. I would not want to be judged based on assumption and speculation so I try not to be hypocritical and force that upon anyone else (or business).

This is an on-going investigation, no further information can be disclosed on our part. I was the one who told Mike Jr. to notify the authorities of said person after it was reported to me of the inappropriate behavior. At that time, I didn't know anything of his ethnic background or his name nor did it matter. There are a lot of people out there who have the right to own a firearm legally. However, I don't want to be the bartender who gave out that last drink to a customer who killed a person or persons while intoxicated. For what its worth, I just might have saved your life. Mike Sr.

At best, at worst you just destroyed the life of an innocent man.

Judgement - You just clarified a whole lot for me. You made assumptions and now someone is potentially ruined for life based off this. You, NSF and gun shops are entitled, we are not. You are above us peasants. GFY, not a dime from me.

Wow.

I have been trying to stay out of the dog pile threads lately because I get the feeling that they are turning away a lot of good members, but this one is something else. I would say I am so happy to be moving to NH and getting away from the MA statist attitude, but it seems one of these posters is showing me that it lives everywhere.

Freedom and Liberty, unless that person is darker then me and talks funny. Awesome.

Bt74 lives in NH. [thinking]

No ID or any other government issued nonsense should be required to purchase a firearm.

Wow.

qrx35s.jpg

explains why i didn't see the bullshit.

the best thing we can do is continue to surround ourselves with like-minded freedom-loving individuals, and we can educate the rest of them who are on the fence or indifferent. we can and will outnumber the statists, bigots, racists, and other shitty folks.

This thread got unchained. Holy crap, I had to flip thrpugh the last 30 pages to find out what the hell was going on with NSF.

Now, what I learned:

Trust no one. God forbid, if I had a sweating problem, I may appear suspicious when purchasing. But I guess im just a stupid normy who doesnt stick out. Bahhhhhh back to my pasture.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

The moral of the story is DO NOT ask random members of your club questions on modifying a firearm. You will either bad really bad info or this.
You are right. Do you really know some of these people? My club has over 1,000 members and I know maybe a handful of them fairly well. Some of them could be working for BATFE. In today's world, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. BATFE has even infiltrated the Hells Angels. Working a club would be no problem at all for them.

There are unmodified single stack WASRs out there.

Videos/instructions on how to convert to double stack are on YouTube...

Probably his bride to be. [troll]

That's what NES is for.
What happens, legally, when you convert the rifle to high-capacity? If you have a Class A LTC, are you OK or is it considered to be an illegal modification under federal or state law?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right. Do you really know some of these people? My club has over 1,000 members and I know maybe a handful of them fairly well. Some of them could be working for BATFE. In today's world, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. BATFE has even infiltrated the Hells Angels. Working a club would be no problem at all for them.

you can tell who is clueless as the ATF guys are the ones who volunteer on range clean-up day and shit. no regular members ever want to help their clubs it seems like... everyone shoots, no one wants to help.

i enjoyed my club here in MA, but i'm glad i don't have that responsibility of being on the board anymore. sucks leaving them high and dry, but my personal freedom is more important so i'm out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom