• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Message from Comm2A to people applying/renewing post 1/1/15

No, but there is no language that requires a Federal Judge to ignore circuit precedent because the legislature created an administrative appeals process. When we take cases, it's not based on that administrative appeals process. So that language doesn't apply. Other issues related to made up requirements exist from previous cases that are not affected or altered by that new language.

Wow. So they won't ignore/change/whatever made up requirements based on newly written law on the appeals process?

Oh, we are talking about different things. I thought you guys were going to take cases to create/enforce precedent of adherence with the new law, such as blanket restriction policies.

Or maybe I'm just lost. Which is likely.

Wow. So they won't ignore/change/whatever made up requirements based on newly written law on the appeals process?

Oh, we are talking about different things. I thought you guys were going to take cases to create/enforce precedent of adherence with the new law, such as blanket restriction policies.

Or maybe I'm just lost. Which is likely.

We may be talking about two different things. Just sit tight a few months and all wil be revealed.

It was a bit funny. When my daughter came out of the interview, the licensing officer was talking to her about how important it was for young women to be able to protect themselves. She even mentioned the Amy Lord situation. Based upon that, I thought she might get unrestricted, but no such thing.

I just wanted to remind people (or make it clear to them by connecting the dots of information we have provided previously) that anyone who applies or renews for an LTC/FID on or after 1/1/15 who is either denied on the basis of suitability or given a restricted license, please submit your information at http://www.comm2a.org/index.php/contact-us/problem. We want to speak with you.

We also need all of you current license holders who know of people who will be applying to point them our way if they don't get the license they want.
Does this exclude non-resident LTCs?

It was a bit funny. When my daughter came out of the interview, the licensing officer was talking to her about how important it was for young women to be able to protect themselves. She even mentioned the Amy Lord situation. Based upon that, I thought she might get unrestricted, but no such thing.
I can guess which officer that was. I think it if was up to her she'd give out more unrestricted licenses than policy allows.

Me thinks the officer may have been more interested in actually conversing with your daughter than being interested in what she was actually saying. Just a hunch.

At what point should I contact someone about my ltc once it goes past 40 days and who should I contact. First time app, no criminal record in the town of dudley ma

Your first step is to simply call the FRB. They will tell you the status of your license application.

I did that was approved and sent to police department on 12/5/14 app interview was on 11/12/14 and still no answer from pd just that they don't have it and haven't been able to talk to the lo

Your first step is to simply call the FRB. They will tell you the status of your license application.

I did that was approved and sent to police department on 12/5/14 app interview was on 11/12/14 and still no answer from pd just that they don't have it and haven't been able to talk to the lo

I'd call the LO again and if you can't get in touch I'd call the highest ranking cop you can get (if you can't get ahold of the chief directly) and tell them that you're very worried that apparently your license has been lost since the FRB says they've had it for a month.

When I called the FRB on mine, they said they had sent it back to the local PD over a month prior. I then called the PD the next day and they said it was ready and to come and get it. Not sure if they were sitting it or not, they claimed they had been waiting for the State Police fingerprint check which had just come back.

Just +1'ing the Boston experience.
Having gone through it, you fill out "Boston's" LTC application. Which is essentially a questionnaire that reflects the state form.
I put, ALP on my Boston App. I noticed the licensing officer put in Sport/Target, No conceal carry, when typing the Boston application into the State PDF - challenged him on it.
He said it would never happen. He printed out the State form, put it in front of me to sign and that was that.

I'm going to be writing to Boston to request my restrictions be lifted due to some circumstances as well as being a licensed holder for 4 years without issue.

My Weymouth (H&T restricted) LTC expired early November. I called to schedule my application meeting in August. Licensing officer gave me an early October appointment. He said as long as I had applied for renewal my old license was still good for 90 days (he gave me a print out receipt). I called before holidays & left a VM. He called me back and said it should be in shortly and would send me notice in the mail. I got the notice this Thursday (98 days ) and picked up my new UNRESTRICTED LTC. Very nice surprise to start the new year!

This is how Boston has been doing it for years. Got my LTC again in 2013 after i had let it lapse out(not for anything legal, just appeasing the ex). You bring in completed Application, they do the data entry from your paperwork right there while asking you certain questions that are on the on-line part of the application. When it comes to the reason for wanting a license, they tell you right up front they don't issue unrestricted LTC's. They make it seem like the interview will go no further unless you come to their side of the thought process.They say they don't give out Unrestricted which is false, My good friend works for the BPD, not a sworn officer though, and got a NON restricted right away, I work for the Boston Transportation Department, I didn't get one, mine is Target and hunting.

Weymouth

My Weymouth (H&T restricted) LTC expired early November. I called to schedule my application meeting in August. Licensing officer gave me an early October appointment. He said as long as I had applied for renewal my old license was still good for 90 days (he gave me a print out receipt). I called before holidays & left a VM. He called me back and said it should be in shortly and would send me notice in the mail. I got the notice this Thursday (98 days ) and picked up my new UNRESTRICTED LTC. Very nice surprise to start the new year!

Had the same experience after many restricted years requested unstricted got it no hassle at all

Not to brag, but this was a direct result of outlaw suit on them. They called an audible when we sued them and altered their policy to have a sheen of constitutionality and to match the quasi ad hoc policy of Peabody. They shared a lawyer who we think read the riot act on them over the sheer lunacy of the non policy both towns had. It was basically who you knew, not who you were. We knew it but when their lawyer proposed a different form of fictional policy, we let them as we knew it was an improvement.

Any Weymouth resident getting unrestricted licenses now can thank the plaintiffs who went out on a limb on this one. They made it possible.

Not to brag, but this was a direct result of outlaw suit on them. They called an audible when we sued them and altered their policy to have a sheen of constitutionality and to match the quasi ad hoc policy of Peabody. They shared a lawyer who we think read the riot act on them over the sheer lunacy of the non policy both towns had. It was basically who you knew, not who you were. We knew it but when their lawyer proposed a different form of fictional policy, we let them as we knew it was an improvement.

Any Weymouth resident getting unrestricted licenses now can thank the plaintiffs who went out on a limb on this one. They made it possible.

Thanks to those residents and Comm2A for fighting the fight

Interesting situation has come up. My daughter has her Moon Island qualification tomorrow. Yesterday, she turned her ankle pretty bad and is on crutches. She thinks she will be able to shoot OK. She can support some weight on her injured foot and stand without crutches. We are going to practice tomorrow morning to see how she does. Now here's the thing. She leaves for an internship at Disney World next Sunday. If she does not complete the Moon Island test within 2 weeks of the interview, her application will be denied. What are our possible options if she cannot, or they will not let her shoot?

Back
Top Bottom