• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Message from Comm2A to people applying/renewing post 1/1/15

So I'm assuming the reason in writing the now must provide is "you could not show the proper purpose..." That's what they are going for? I'm looking forward to these going to court.

Mike

I am hoping one day they are not able to do this to anyone. A$$holes.

This is really a good question. I've long wanted to have an informal Comm2A/NES night at Doyles (or Foleys if you must). Anybody interested in that???????

Just to confuse things, I had a recent student who, for reasons I don't understand got an unrestricted LTC in Boston. I've trained a lot of her co-workers who are all similarly situated and none of them got unrestricted LTCs.

In for Doyle's, I haven't had a JP Musty in years. If you start a thread I'm sure you'll get a good response.

Maybe the officer entering the application just forgot to change the restriction and no one caught it. Or maybe she has a connection she didn't tell you about.

I always tell people that LEO friends are a double edged sword. Police departments are very political. The lieutenant you know as a Mason brother or whatever could have 20 years of bad blood with the lieutenant that's the licensing officer. This especially doesn't matter in Boston. They don't tend to play favorites. If you satisfy them you get unrestricted, if you don't fit in the 'box', you don't.
QFTMFT

I disagree a bit on BPD not playing favorites--at least, historically. The old timers will tell you back in their day, if you hailed from 02127, you were "taken care of".

Back
Top Bottom