• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10 +1

Carrying a 10 round magazine plus one in the chamber is completely legal. Note, however, that possessing a post-ban large capacity magazine is illegal, no matter how many rounds you have in it.

That said, the late attorney Darius Arbabi told me that one of his clients was charged with carrying a large capacity weapon because he was carrying a ten round magazine plus one in the chamber. He got that charge thrown out (there were other charges as well). This was relatively soon after the MA assault weapon ban was passed, IIRC. Arbabi told me that the police and DA were angry at the defendant and were throwing charges at him and hoping something would stick.

I think the chance of getting arrested and charged for this today is very, very small and the charge would not hold up in court.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris get arrested for 10+1 at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Sounds like the testimony about Trump in the limousine. Something like 4th hand witnessing.

I had a cop once tell me I can't carry with a high cap mag and then I asked why does my LTC say I can. Not exact verbiage but on the LTC it says High capacity.
My buddy who was a long time Chief always told me the opposite.....he said.....your license says Hicap, you can carry any mags you want. If you were in his town....you basically could.
He said he would never bother anyone for carrying any mag.

I told him basically that is not the case statewide must be pre 94.........still never changed his mind on it. He said I know nothing about gun magazines and I can't prove that enough to arrest anyone for it. Carry on.

1. Not your friend but your cousin's friend. And we don't know how close of a friend.

2. Stopped then searched. First, don't get stopped. Second, cooperate. Third, don't be a D. Fourth, don't commit other crimes that will necessitate a search.

3. Let's be nice, fellers. We all had that moment in our lives that we walked around a little bit afraid and heard some awful internet-esque story.

Pm me the name and court. This I have to see.

I think we all owe the OP an apology... kinda.
I did a simple Google search for "Boston Man arrested carrying 11 rounds of ammunition" and whoa and behold.
However... it sounds like the cops are saying he managed to stuff 11 rounds in a magazine. Oh yeah, and he was selling the Crack.
OP - your friend needs better friends. I'm so outta touch, I didn't even know crack was still a thing! New Jack City.

Last edited:
1. Gun show.
2. Gun shop.
3. "My brother-in-law. He's an auxiliary cop!"
4. NES
2a- fat guy with red suspenders that hangs out at the gun shop ( you know one of those ones where they rip cigarettes inside the store and have a coffee pot on for the locals... although I don't think we have any of those left but still you can imagine the scene) who talks constantly about what "da millutary" is switching to while continuously farting because of the jimmy dean sausage discs marinating in his stomach that he ate for breakfast..... before coming into the shop.... that guy basically knows everything there is to know. If you can survive the cloud of methane gas you will basically be able to get a PhD from the Sonoran Desert Institute in about a month with the amount of gun knowledge that he conveys. That guy.

this thread in a nutshell

main-qimg-c5a3a0f0bbd9af20e6fd57edf8c51cdf.webp

I did a simple Google search for "Boston Man arrested carrying 11 rounds of ammunition" and whoa and behold.
However... it sounds the cops are saying he managed to stuff 11 rounds in a magazine. Oh yeah, and he was selling the Crack.
OP - your friend needs better friends. I'm so outta touch, I didn't even know crack was still a thing! New Jack City.

And a felon.

And now “the rest of the story”

However... it sounds the cops are saying he managed to stuff 11 rounds in a magazine. Oh yeah, and he was selling the Crack.

That doesn’t have anything to do with what the op is saying.. 11 in a mag isn’t 10+1

I guess you could fill a 10rd at 5.56 AR mag with 100 .22 and it would be illegal…

Last edited:

There's nothing in the press release that suggests he jammed 11 into a 10 rounder. He's in federal trouble bc he's a felon in possession

That's not what the OP's implying; I think he's implying a systemic problem exists that we all need to watch out for while we're in Beantown. "cHaMbErIiNg a RoUnD iS dAnGeRoUs!"

That's not what the OP's implying; I think he's implying a systemic problem exists that we all need to watch out for while we're in Beantown. "cHaMbErIiNg a RoUnD iS dAnGeRoUs!"
I get that. But in his defense, he heard it from a guy, who heard it from a guy. He is likely just relaying what he heard.
My guess is that he really had one in the pipe and the cops threw on a bogus charge, on top of all the other shit, and they will drop the large capacity feeding device.
I mean, to the best of my knowledge, no one makes an 11 round magazine for a 40.

I mean, to the best of my knowledge, no one makes an 11 round magazine for a 40.

I'm sure that's true.

Because what's gayer than a .40? A .40 that falls short of standard capacity but is juuuuust too big for commie states. Unsellable.

Back
Top Bottom