• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Menino's Gun Buyback Bags an Assault Rifle

FPrice said:
Add to all this that the Assault Weapons Ban did not, I repeat not ban any assault weapons, but rather re-defined semi-automatic lookalikes in an effort to convince the Great American Public that these were automatic weapons of war.

So to argue over semantics and models is a bit of mental masturbation at best.

Agreed, but that goes in both directions. There are a bunch of NRA whiner
types who go around panting that "Assault Rifle" = must be select fire, eg,
full auto. I say... who cares. The same people whining about this definition
are likely the same ones who probably encouraged the NRA
to throw the machinegun baby out with the bathwater in 1986. There
seems to be this crew of people that like demonizing machineguns, as if
they were ever a real problem in this country. so called "Gun Crimes" are
rarely committed with NFA-class weapons, even the illegal, unregistered
ones.

-Mike

I quoted the entire definition for "semiautomatic assault weapon". I deliberately chose to omit the definition for "large capacity ammunition feeding device". I also chose to omit the definitions for "school", "motor vehicle", "semiautomatic rifle" and "handgun" that immediately preceed it, and the definitions of "intimate partner", "secure gun storage or safety device" and "body armor" which follow them, all for the exact same reason: as anyone who reads the text can easily see, they have absolutely nothing to do with the definition of "semiautomatic assault weapon". Or perhaps you're claiming that under the old federal ban a firearm also had to be a motor vehicle or a school in order to be an assault weapon?

Same goes for the Massachusetts definition. I skipped over the oh-so-relevant definitions of "conviction", "firearm", "gunsmith", "imitation firearm" and "large capacity feeding device" which occur between the definitions of "assault weapon" and "large capacity weapon". No F*&ing connections.

If you can point to something in the law that says that a firearm must first meet the definition of a "large capacity weapon" before it can be an "assault weapon", (and absent any evidence to the contrary, I maintain that the exclusions in (vi) and (vii) don't do that) please point to it. If you can't do that, then we can just all stipulate that you think we're all a bunch of morons, and you can save your valuable time for more rewarding pursuits and STFU.

Ken

As that famous pugilist Roberto Duran once pleaded:

No mas! No mas!

(also used by certain people who do not recognize a certain New Hampshire cop/firearms writer's expertise):

(with apologies to Mr. Ayoob)

No Mas! No Mas!

FPrice said:
As that famous pugilist Roberto Duran once pleaded:

No mas! No mas!

(also used by certain people who do not recognize a certain New Hampshire cop/firearms writer's expertise):

(with apologies to Mr. Ayoob)

No Mas! No Mas!

Or, as my worthy opponent would so eloquently put it; STFU

[horse]

FPrice said:
Does anyone here remember GLOW????

[wink]

Glorious Ladies Of Wrestling!

[rockon]

Yep, and I'm not the least embarrassed that I watched it... even my GF loved it.

American TV at it's finest!

ETA: Derek is correct. It was "Georgous", not "Glorious".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom