• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Surprised by an ugly gun

Last weekend I had an opportunity to shoot Beretta PX4 full size. It is one ugly gun but that's not what surprised, nay, shocked me! The recoil impulse is so low, it's like shooting a 380 if not less!! Unlike the classic drop to unlock , the gun uses a rotating locking barrel. The action of rotation to unlock kills a SIGNIFICANT amount of kick. To make sure I wasn't making it up, I shot a G17 and 92FS immediately before and after PX4. It's incredible how much recoil PX4 removes.

Has anyone else compared PX4 with other 9mm?

Is he a fan of 40 creedmoor?
Just admit it, you fell in love with me the second you saw my nick. I mean what's not to love
christmas-ugly-sweater-retro-portrait.jpg

It's much better than that f***ing striker fired APX shit they tried to foist. I'd take a PX4 over that shit any day.
I got an apx. The worst trigger I have ever had. It breaks at different times. The ultimate flinching gun. I would sell it but nobody should have to experience the total piece of shit that is the apx

I have a Beretta 4000 Cougar, the aluminum frame version of the PX4 (same rotating barrel). I don’t remember it being magically soft shooting, but I haven’t shot it in a while. This is a good incentive to do so.

It reminds me of my Ruger P345 that is just as ugly. It shoots very well. The biggest problem with it is a dryfire, without a magazine in, can damage the firing pin easily.
1708050542733.png 1708050567128.png

The 345 is a raging dumpster fire tho compared to a Beretta PX4. 🤣

It's sad because they could have made a non gay variant without the pride flag that was decock only.

They aren't ugly

They are asthetically challenged

I always wanted one... beretta makes good stuff

But i can't get over the ugliness

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01OAJo_7M2s
"As for comparing it to the FN Mk3, well, the Belgian gun is still the king of the 5.7 hill in overall design, build quality, and shootability."

Last edited:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01OAJo_7M2s
"As for comparing it to the FN Mk3, well, the Belgian gun is still the king of the 5.7 hill in overall design, build quality, and shootability."

If rotating barrel design lowers recoil, using it in a 5.7 is an odd choice. I would have thought it more useful in a 40/10mm pistols.

Back
Top Bottom